Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12
Resultat 16 till 24 av 24

Ämne: funny random kentness

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2006

Standard

that same kid was back at my gym, she bugging me to let her listen to more kent.
    Convince her to buy one of the albums.

You're going to first year univ. next year and plan to major in Swedish? I don't know about the career prospectives in that.
    I am double majoring, probably in Journalism. Going to uni is doing something you are passionate about, not something to get a career. I love Sweden, so I want to study it in depth.

Plus I want to be a translator anyways; I do speak quite a number of languages and a degree in a foreign language will pave a straight path to the FSI in the US (at worst).

Standard

Well, you have to still find a balance between interest and reality.

Anyways, I don't know if this sounds as random or not but I was at university in the cafeteria, it was pretty early and it was almost empty except these two students who I'm pretty sure are international students. And they sounded like they were speaking Swedish or some Scandinavian language and I was listening to Kent before they came and started talking too.

Nybörjare a violent whispers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

[QUOTE=ethan;53294]Convince her to buy one of the albums.

I doubt she can... she's only 10 LOL

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

This is totally not Kent related, but yesterday I talked to some Dutch guy who was here on "vacation". I found it amusing because 1. he was staying at a Motel 6 of all places, 2. the location he picked is crap, and 3. the whole reason I even screamed out my car window to him was because he had on a Tre Kronor Swedish Army t-shirt and everytime I see the three crowns, I flip out. True story.

Anyway, I probably weirded this guy out when I told him I was obsessed with Sweden. I should have told him I was obsessed with Holland and love guys who were Tre Kronor t-shirts and winked at him. That would have been funnier. Oh well. Maybe next time.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av canderson Visa inlägg
    That's excellent; I've also had to teach myself with lots of books, tapes, cd's, and watching swedish movies and svt.se. If I had it all to do over again I would do something similar to what you are doing. Maybe major in linguistics, with a specialty in Scandinavian languages, and study how the vikings changed the english language in the middle ages. There is a nordic museum located in the Faroe Islands, that is devoted to the history and culture of all the Scandinavian countries.
    This is a random bump.

Anyways, what really is the best way to go about learning Swedish by say 3-5 years time if you're a university student who doesn't really have that much time and can't take a language learning class (not that they'd offer any Swedish ones here)?

I've been trying to find stuff from those torrent sites like e-books and cds to learn Swedish. I tried with German but that's way too hard and they try to teach us French in Canadian schools but I never wanna learn that language now. Swedish I'm actually interested in being able to read and understand though even if I can't speak that well.

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

Listen to Kent!

Back on topic... heard 400 Slag on the LSU radio station Saturday... that was a surprise, was requested by someone other than me!
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av ericthirdrow Visa inlägg
    Listen to Kent!

Back on topic... heard 400 Slag on the LSU radio station Saturday... that was a surprise, was requested by someone other than me!
    It's great that they had the song & even better that they played it!

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    It's great that they had the song & even better that they played it!
    Yeah, I called in to ask about it... they had some Swedish compilation CD with it he said. They didn't have the album, or the new album. I was disappointed. But it was still pretty sweet to be flipping through and catch the intro to 400 Slag.
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

I don't think they play KENT over here, information is years old.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •