Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 24

Ämne: funny random kentness

Nybörjare a violent whispers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard funny random kentness

So I was on my way to the gym yesterday and I run into a girl I just started being friends with. She's with her daughter (who's 10) and they are listening to some rap music on the radio. The kid then asks me "What are you listening to on your Ipod"? I tell her Swedish Alternative rock.. a great band called kent. She gives me a look like she asks me to let her hear it Anyway, I switch the song to Bianca (Swedish version) the little girl takes my headphones and listens for a long moment, takes the headphones off, smiles and says....
    "Mommy, I like her music better than yours". Her mom then takes the headphones, curious to what rock music in Swedish sounds like then says to me, "Yeah I like it better too" She told me she did not think she was going to like to listen to something she could not understand, that Joakim's voice was so great and the band was so brilliant, she did not mind not knowing the words.

Just a funny random story. It proves that more people would like kent if given the chance to hear them.

btw I used to be things she said... but forgot my password to my old account

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Just realized you're a "she" not a "he," otherwise this story would probably have ended with you marrying the kid's mother "...and they lived happily ever after..."

Oh well.

Henrik can probably help you recover your old account.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Just realized you're a "she" not a "he," otherwise this story would probably have ended with you marrying the kid's mother "...and they lived happily ever after..."

Oh well.

Henrik can probably help you recover your old account.

LOL.. yeah,I already have a husband and he at least likes kent a little. I like this name so I guess I will stick with it.

Erfaren medlem rose_noires avatar
    Reg.datum
    May 2007

Standard

let someone listen to Saker man ser or MIDVH, so they would star listening to kent. it worked with two friends of mine and my father.
    järnspöken helps to calm down and du är ånga helps to come back to the fight. it became obvious under exam session when all my neighbours listened to those songs even if they didn't understand a word.
    Besegra inte
    Slå inte tillbaka
    Ge inte upp

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av a violent whisper Visa inlägg
    She told me she did not think she was going to like to listen to something she could not understand, that Joakim's voice was so great and the band was so brilliant, she did not mind not knowing the words.
    That's what I also tell people, it's the combination of voice and music that makes KENT brillant, and than you still have to ad the lyrics.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av a violent whisper Visa inlägg
    btw I used to be things she said... but forgot my password to my old account
    Welcome back, it's been a long time.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

In my opinion I think it's more fun to listen to music you don't always understand the words to. It makes it harder to overplay the songs. When I first started listening to Kent I couldn't understand a bit of it and so I could listen to it day-in / day-out without getting tired of it at all.

It also used to work with the songs I liked as a kid, I could never understand everything that was being said.
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

I'd rather listen to circus music than rap anyday.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2006

Standard

Kent, at first, did help me understand to appreciate music that I couldn't full understand. However, that was years ago. Now I speak Swedish pretty well, so I understand the lyrics and such, which does bring a whole new dimension to the songs that makes them even better.

They have good English songs too that I like, particularly the ones that are not in Swedish (such as Just Like Money).

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av ethan Visa inlägg
    Kent, at first, did help me understand to appreciate music that I couldn't full understand. However, that was years ago. Now I speak Swedish pretty well, so I understand the lyrics and such, which does bring a whole new dimension to the songs that makes them even better.

They have good English songs too that I like, particularly the ones that are not in Swedish (such as Just Like Money).
    Where do you have the oppurtunity to learn Swedish in Florida, or have you had to teach yourself too?
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Indeed, I also love their Swedish songs, especially the ones that aren't in English...

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2006

Standard

I learnt Swedish on my own, with some help from a few Swedes I know online. I've accumulated a lot of books on the matter too. Next year I (hopefully) will be attending the University of Minnesota to major in Scandinavian Languages. My focus will be Swedish and possibly Icelandic, considering I speak that too.

Standard

You're going to first year univ. next year and plan to major in Swedish? I don't know about the career prospectives in that.

I'm going to the University of Toronto and taking Life Science but I'm taking a German class in my first year because I pick up German easily somehow unlike French.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

I learnt Swedish on my own, with some help from a few Swedes I know online. I've accumulated a lot of books on the matter too. Next year I (hopefully) will be attending the University of Minnesota to major in Scandinavian Languages. My focus will be Swedish and possibly Icelandic, considering I speak that too.
    That's excellent; I've also had to teach myself with lots of books, tapes, cd's, and watching swedish movies and svt.se. If I had it all to do over again I would do something similar to what you are doing. Maybe major in linguistics, with a specialty in Scandinavian languages, and study how the vikings changed the english language in the middle ages. There is a nordic museum located in the Faroe Islands, that is devoted to the history and culture of all the Scandinavian countries.

Have you seen the movie Noi? That's a great Icelandic movie.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

that same kid was back at my gym, she bugging me to let her listen to more kent.

Standard

Tell her to get Hagnesta Hill, perfect album to introduce someone to Kent, at least it worked with a lot of my friends.

Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •