Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12
Resultat 16 till 24 av 24

Ämne: An "English Experiment" fan's story

Medlem sakermansers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Thanks for sharing that MaddyJ, can't wait to see the photos and your fanzine!

Has anyone on here actually met the band before other than MaddyJ??

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I know that Firth bumped into Jocke in Stockholm when she was there on holiday/ for a gig. Didn't get a photo, but I'm sure he signed something for her.
    coloursatnight

Medlem MaddyJs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

Emotions are very vivid right now.... I'm listening to the song "Beskyddaren" / "Protection"... And reading all this... This song always made me cry and it's from THE album that got me to discover Kent... Oh man.. That Farewell tour. Too much to take.

Thank you so much for your comments, it's to be pressed near the heart to hear from people that are from the old days (understanding the whole fanzine, old pics, old Kent in old Europe etc)

Stjänor, I can understand and UNDERSTAND your feeling about Kent on this tour... I'm very sorry to hear you can't make it to the tour.. Do not lose hope, it's 8 months away though (yes I'm opmistic about you coming and finding a ticket for 17/12).
    Yes, I will make some public album about all the stuff I need to upload This will be emotions again. This feels so weird to have cared so much about Kent back then while all the people around DID NOT care at all, at the Reading Festival, nobody was aware of who they are, the songs etc, and the crowd was so little... etc
    And then, they all disappeared as if Kent never existed, just like the french record label that never sent me the goodies for the competition because they quit the contract with the band. There was no internet back at the time and I was like "what does that mean?" And you know the rest... About Europe.
    > So you've been very very lucky to fufill your dream after all, you saw them twice on two different tours.
    Sometimes I wonder what is the worst is? A gap of 16 years between club shows and the final tour and that "waste" of opportunities in between?... Or missing the final tour but feeling like you caught all the opportunities ever? Hard to really decide.

Elvis, Justin Bieber (oh dear), Kent, Metallica, One Direction, Rolling Stones and Madonna have their fans, their admirers, their lovers and nobody is able to really judge somebody's taste after all, well even if I quoted some doubtful artists (Their looks must make it all, oh Sami, Oh Markus... wait I'm joking!). This music magazine got a copy of my work for promotion and laughed about it, would have they done any better? They're a team of journalist and are paid for sarcasm among other things so they just feel free to go ahead without thinking twice... I do not blame them, but I blame the odds for being not on Kent's side to get more heard in my country.

I found 3 photos of the meetings in Nantes so far, and I looked at them for a while yesterday night There is a very exclusive content in this : Joakim is smiling so hard with soft eyes. The plectrums are purple and Martin's got the 3 stars from his tattoo with his name and Sami's has just got Sami on it, and Kent on the other side.

To be continued.... (I could enclose some comparison of Kent guys' personality with some others worldwide known musicians I met, that's very interesting)
    ! Jag är en FF och jag älskar Kent !

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2002

Standard

About meeting Kent, an Italian freidn of mine met them when they played in Milan in May 2000, she simply managed to go backstage because her Dad was friend with the director of a big Italian magazine, she said the guys were very nice to her and were actually surprised and happy she knew everyone of them by name. Jocke and Sami were particularly nice. I was at the same concert but I didn't know her so I could not take advantage of this opportunity too. So, I think I'll never meet them, but I don't mind, when I meet my biggest idols I can barely speak, and usually I'm a very talkative person.
    Gulo Gulo lover forever!
    Maybe my brilliance shining through
    il disfattismo preserva l'integrità del setto nasale

Medlem MaddyJs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Brilliance Visa inlägg
    About meeting Kent, an Italian freidn of mine met them when they played in Milan in May 2000, she simply managed to go backstage because her Dad was friend with the director of a big Italian magazine, she said the guys were very nice to her and were actually surprised and happy she knew everyone of them by name. Jocke and Sami were particularly nice. I was at the same concert but I didn't know her so I could not take advantage of this opportunity too. So, I think I'll never meet them, but I don't mind, when I meet my biggest idols I can barely speak, and usually I'm a very talkative person.
    Hi! I see you have not responded my PM.... About meeting Kent, I opened a special thread about meeting them among the european fans
    Nice story. I knew each guy name as well, and I have luckily found photos of our meetings again, the fanzines and magazine. Awesome!

Medlem MaddyJs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

There are the covers of the fanzine I used to do
    The guys signed the first issue although I didn't ask them to do it, that looked nice though.

fanzine1small.jpg
    Fanzine2-small.jpg

Medlem MaddyJs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

Picture from meeting the guys. I'm the french looking one, the other girl in red is swedish and used to study in France, she decided to decline my friendship in the time. This was a sad moment to go through though.
    Sorry in advance, I look so cheesy on these pics. My super mega homemade Kent shirt was well noticed because Harri was not on it (too far away from the main framing.
    meeting1small.jpgmeeting4small.jpg

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thanks for the photos Maddy, and who doesn't look cheesy in 'meeting' photos?! Plus, you have one of Jocke smiling...! Great memories, I'm sure.
    coloursatnight

Medlem MaddyJs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

I really got on well with Jocke, Harri and Martin especially.
    Back then, I used to write down all things that happened like a diary and I read it a few days ago, this was even better than what I could remember of that night.

Some men listening to rap music upstairs the venue saw us in the street and shouted how bad music we listen to, and some of the Kent boys and I shouted nice bird names at them to have a laugh.

That "I met french Kent singer and we introduced ourselves, he told me "hi my name is Kent" and I responded "Hello, i'm Kent too""... Amazing funny story from our boys.

You can trust me blindly that no other band really were THAT nice and ready to laugh about anything. I met a lot of very very famous bands and they were kind of boring and pretentious (Metallica, Placebo, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson and whatsoever).
    Kent guys are just awesome and lovely!

Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •