Sidan 2 av 3 FörstaFörsta 123 SistaSista
Resultat 16 till 30 av 35

Ämne: Best of

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Those 4 new songs! Too bad kent decided to hang up their boots, so much more could have been.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

So... the everlasting question of XXI century music fandom: how do I buy these? What are your plans for getting your hands on a copy? Do you press your own vinyl out of narval-horns as I usually do to get a legal copy. After ca 2005. It's not like I can just pay to download it in flac. Okay, sarcasm aside -- how do you guys plan to get these off stupid Spotify and at the end of your kent collection?

I'm thinking maybe I'll go to a local CD store and have them order me a CD...

PS Silver for final single with a video PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! It's just incredibly strong -- I think stronger than Ingenting as a single. Slightly below Karläken Väntar. Would be one of their best singles and -- paradoxically, since it's the last song -- a good introduction to the band.
    Senast redigerat av Kurvitz den 2016-09-17 klockan 11:27.

Medlem Preben.Ls avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2014

Standard

Medlem Preben.Ls avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2014

Standard

Medlem dumblikeamooses avatar
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

My CD arrived this morning... somewhat bittersweet, knowing I'll never wait for the postman to deliver me another kent CD ever again... they're the only band whose actual CDs I still buy. Or bought.

Great new songs, wow! Om du visste vad du ville is IT for me. SO GOOD.
    ...still can't quite believe this is all we get. Talk about going out on a high, though!
    Det finns hål i allting, det är där lite ljus kommer in.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Kurvitz Visa inlägg
    So... the everlasting question of XXI century music fandom: how do I buy these? What are your plans for getting your hands on a copy? Do you press your own vinyl out of narval-horns as I usually do to get a legal copy. After ca 2005. It's not like I can just pay to download it in flac. Okay, sarcasm aside -- how do you guys plan to get these off stupid Spotify and at the end of your kent collection?
    I have always gone with the CD's for the sake of completion. I still enjoy the physical side of releases, though I'd like to make the switch to a small vinyl collection and a large digital collection on the computer. Probably a post for another time, but the advent of steaming has changed a lot of things for me.

PS: Preben are you Min Värld on Youtube? Those videos are fantastic for learning the words to the songs in English.
    Senast redigerat av .namnlös den 2016-09-18 klockan 12:55.

Medlem Preben.Ls avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2014

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av .PS: [B
    Preben[/B] are you Min Värld on Youtube? Those videos are fantastic for learning the words to the songs in English.
    Yeah that's me

Medlem Preben.Ls avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2014

Standard

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Preben.L Visa inlägg
    Yeah that's me
    Thanks so much for the uploads. I basically spent the whole night one time binge watching them. Legend!

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Kurvitz Visa inlägg

I'm thinking maybe I'll go to a local CD store and have them order me a CD...

PS Silver for final single with a video PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! It's just incredibly strong -- I think stronger than Ingenting as a single. Slightly below Karläken Väntar. Would be one of their best singles and -- paradoxically, since it's the last song -- a good introduction to the band.
    I usually order the CDs online, there are a couple of sites that deliver to whole Europe, like Bengans and Ginza (they have around the same delivery price) and Hotstuff.se which is a bit pricy. This time I have only pre-ordered the vinyl, and the CD I'm buying in Stockholm next week. I bought my first ever kent CD in Stockholm in 2009 and want to buy my last there as well. Otherwise you can hold off with buying it until you travel to Sweden, it's not LE, so probably won't sell out.
    Jag har bara alla mina jävla ord
    Alla de där stora tomma orden

Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

I've mostly used CDON for ordering my kent cds. Usually cheapest

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av dumblikeamoose Visa inlägg
    I've mostly used CDON for ordering my kent cds. Usually cheapest
    The problem with CDon is that it is only available in a limited amount of countries, outside of Scandinavia they only deliver to Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Austria, Spain, Italy, Greece, Germany, France, Portugal, UK and Ireland. This might seem like a lot of countries, but quite a few are missing. This is why I never mention them, no need to get people's hopes up with cheap delivery, just for them to realize later they cannot order from the site. But those who have CDon available usually prefer them, it is us who live in a country "off the map of Europe" who have to struggle with the orders.
    Jag har bara alla mina jävla ord
    Alla de där stora tomma orden

Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jazzpurist Visa inlägg
    This is why I never mention them, no need to get people's hopes up with cheap delivery, just for them to realize later they cannot order from the site. But those who have CDon available usually prefer them, it is us who live in a country "off the map of Europe" who have to struggle with the orders.
    Aahh, I see. Didn't realise. Sorry! My bad.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

Nice translations Preben! The videos are also useful for sharing and getting the point of the lyrics across.

The songs? Wow, wow, wow. Growing stronger every day, what an ending! It's day 4 and it's beginning to look like Om Du Visste might be an all time classic. The choral singalong part and the lyrical sentiment are just fantastically strong, overwhelmingly so. A dream version of what I wanted the end of kent to sound like. I adore how un-polemically left wing they've become. The revolution and tyrannical childhood summer lines are among the most important in their career, right next to "but against dollars and yen death easily becomes a joke".

Silver -- Silver is a tremendously affecting piece of music. And it's so after the fact somehow... One last superhit from the ash-coloured afterlife of Sheol and Hades. The chorus is as melodically strong as Karläken Väntar and the explosion is larger than Gamla Ullevi, truly among their shiniest.

Terapi is incredibly solid, but without the other-worldly and terminal sparkle of Om Du Visste and Silver. On "Mörkret" or "Tigerdrottningen" it would have been a classic, here it's a solid workhorse.

And Nostromo -- a very cool experiment with an ending stretch that's considerably stronger than the rest of the song. I wish they'd made them as strong as Nostromo on Mörkret and Tigerdrottningen, instead of Ruta 1 and Innan Himmlen Faller Ner. Here it's not on par with the other three, but just as important. Nostromo works well in the running order, it's effective as the lighter quarter, making the end two sound as large as possible. Nostromo elevates these four songs to an EP basically. And that's all it needed to do.

Egoist is still out of place, even among these. A homeless song that should have been on Tigerdrottningen, or a standalone single of the Tigerdrottningen era, like VinterNoll was part of V&A. It's just not part of this era I think. An interesting mis-step that will have us wondering for years to come.
    Senast redigerat av Kurvitz den 2016-09-19 klockan 14:09.

Medlem MaddyJs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

Everybody has different tastes just like there are millions of colours, but to me Kärleken Väntar is one of the worst example to be given as a good song from Kent

Then I personally love Egoist, hope they play it on the tour!
    ! Jag är en FF och jag älskar Kent !

Sidan 2 av 3 FörstaFörsta 123 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •