Sidan 3 av 7 FörstaFörsta 1234567 SistaSista
Resultat 31 till 45 av 96

Ämne: Tillbaka Till Samtiden Info/Reviews

Standard

They should seriously think about putting an English version of this out and picking up the fame in the UK but they never will.

Berlin and Vin Din Sida are sort of single tracks and LSD Nogon is single material but my fav after Ingenting is Elefanter.

I wish they'd made Colombos into an old fashioned guitar based kent song. But it really does have a lounge feel, this isn't the best album and not my favourite this year, three other albums this year I've heard have been better but it's definitely the coolest album.

Oh yah, and there's another kent slideshow up on youtube for Vy Fran Ett ... (it may take 7-8 hours to load), it's illegal to post the link though so I'm not gonna.
    Senast redigerat av SportfreundeFCkeane den 2007-10-13 klockan 03:56.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

Elefanter is definitely the key song off this album. The way it shifts between acoustic and sharp electro just as it shifts between the verse/chorus structure to the bridge/chorus structure of the latter part of the song is just seamless... Seriously impressive songwriting. The idea of having fanfares on a song about, well, what I can only assume being elephants (at least to some extent) is a great idea as well. The vocals get all menacing when the beat comes in and that "something is slightly wrong but I can`t put my finger on it" feeling gets trumpeted all the way home.

One of the best songs they`v ever written.

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2006

Standard

I think that this (or Vappen och Ammunition) would be pretty successful albums in English in the UK and possibly the UK. However, I highly doubt that it will ever happen.

This CD rocks in my opinion, although it still is not my favourite of Kent's. I would have prefered a little less electronic stuff in at least one or two songs. Not the best, but still a fantastic album. Elefenter is so far my favourite.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

I can`ta agree with any of the nasty things being said about ensammast i Sverige. You obviously haven`t heard this 80`s russian rock group called Kino. I`m kinda` guessing they have cause the ending, especially the tinny little guitars sound a lot like some of their work. The "pow-pow" drums are the decisive element here and I guess if they don`t achieve a certain hypnotic quality for you, you won`t get it. But overall, I dare say, this is the strongest closer in Kent`s back catalogue. I`ve always thought of 747 as slightly overrated and "The Man in the White Hat", without the excellent added verses, sort of soft and dubiously coldplayesque. Sverige doesn`t sound like a Kent-size closer at all and of the others perhaps the part in "Visslaren", when the excellent bass line kicks in, is the only one that deserves mention.

Standard

um.. i'm trying to access the samples but i can't find out how..(mainly because i can't understand german ^^ if someone can offer advice that would be great
    Senast redigerat av mlittarin den 2007-10-14 klockan 06:24.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av mlittarin Visa inlägg
    um.. i'm trying to access the samples but i can't find out how..(mainly because i can't understand german ^^ if someone can offer advice that would be great
    They removed the samples. Sorry.

Standard

oh, dang. thanks anyway~

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av kannisto Visa inlägg
    I got shipping confirmation for my CD today from Sweden, just have to wait a few more days!
    Yep,

They are on the way since friday, should be tomorrow they arrive. And I have a free day tomorrow, so I know what I'm gonna do .
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

Nothing here yet... the official release date is Oct. 17th, no? Hopefully it'll be in my mailbox by the weekend!
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av ethan Visa inlägg
    This CD rocks in my opinion, although it still is not my favourite of Kent's. I would have prefered a little less electronic stuff in at least one or two songs. Not the best, but still a fantastic album
    After listening to it for the first time, I agree almost totally with this. Probably I'm not ready to tell it's fantastic, I prefer to say it's nice by now, but I have the feeling that the more I'll listen to it, the more I'll like it.
    Fave track Vaga Vara Radd, bt it may change too.
    Gulo Gulo lover forever!
    Maybe my brilliance shining through
    il disfattismo preserva l'integrità del setto nasale

Medlem tricksters avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2004

Standard Best Birthday present

I got home from work today and I found a packet!
    I though that this might not be the Kent album because I got a confirmation yesterday.
    But yes it is!!!!!
    And its a perfect birthday gift for me!

I will open the seal at night after I get back from the evening adult
    classes and have myself a treat.
    I have to teach photoshop from 7 to 9 and then get back home and enjoy
    the music and the artwork with no other thoughts in my head.

YESSSS!!!!!!
    ett perfekt substitut

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

can i ask where you ordered your cds from? what were the postage costs? has anyone bought the 'limited edition'?

amazon uk have changed their release date to oct 22nd, and now want £20.49 for it (it was £16.49 last week!)

thanks!

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    can i ask where you ordered your cds from? what were the postage costs? has anyone bought the 'limited edition'?

amazon uk have changed their release date to oct 22nd, and now want £20.49 for it (it was £16.49 last week!)

thanks!
    I bought it at www.cdon.com, the totalt price, including shipping cost, was about 22 euros, that menas, more or less, 15 pounds.
    Gulo Gulo lover forever!
    Maybe my brilliance shining through
    il disfattismo preserva l'integrità del setto nasale

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

www.cdon.com

The "normal" cd goes for €16.95, the "ltd" for €22.95. Shipping cost € 3.95, but i bought a lot more.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Standard

I had to finally register here so I could comment on this new album...

Typically, most bands start off strong and then go on to release albums that are increasingly mediocre or formulaic. Kent are an extraordinary phenomenon, in that they are one of the rare groups that manage to somehow become better with every album they release, without an indication that they have even reached the peak of their creative abilities.

I was introduced to Kent in 2001 with the English version of Isola and I was very impressed with that album. Then I discovered that they had already released a followup by that point and I ended up with a copy of Hagnesta Hill. On the first day alone of owning that album, I couldn't tell you how many times I listened to it. In no way did I think that Kent could ever improve upon that release, but somehow they did with Vapen & Ammunition.

Of course, the same experience followed prior to Du & Jag Doden coming out. I had listened to Vapen & Ammunition over anything else for many months. Then, after experiencing Du & Jag Doden, I was in disbelief that there wasn't a greater global awareness of Kent and their terrific music. At that point, there was no question in my mind that they had surpassed the groups that they have often been (incorrectly) compared to.

So, with the release of Tillbaka Till Samtiden, once again I favor their most current album over everything else they've done. "Colombus" is the track I like the most, and I love "Ingenting" and "Generation Ex," which I could easily see as being a future single.

Part of what makes Kent such a great band is that in each album you can hear their willingness to become something new. I'm glad that they've continued to make music, despite the loss of one of their members. In no way did it lessen their abilities as a band.

Sidan 3 av 7 FörstaFörsta 1234567 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •