Sidan 1 av 4 1234 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 51

Ämne: Am I the only one...

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2002

Standard Am I the only one...

...who, listening to the samples on the website, is not really looking forward to the next album?

I am really in two minds on this one. Not being a huge fan of the 80s electro pop cum goth cum Depeche Mode (actually, I really do not like Depeche Mode), I am really considering whether I should buy that album or not. Too electro, too dance, definitely not me.

I know it might be presumptuous of me since the album is not yet available but I just wanted to see what the opinions were...

Please, do not come back with the 'Its Kent' argument i.e. does not matter what they play, they are still Kent, this is pointless.

Cheers

FErg
    Senast redigerat av FErg den 2007-10-09 klockan 12:57.
    Som om Jag bryr mig

Standard

:0 where do i listen to these samples?

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

Well... I do like Depeche Mode... and after listening to the samples I'm pretty excited. I was somewhat down on the last album after hearing Max 500, but the album as a whole is one of my favorite albums now. Ingenting is certainly not my favorite Kent single to date, but I do like it! It's better than the typical radio crap on over here, for sure.
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av mlittarin Visa inlägg
    :0 where do i listen to these samples?
    http://www.musicload.de/item.ml?releaseid=2873271_2

That was the site I heard them at... looks like they might have taken down the audio samples though. (Or it's not loading right for me?)

Medlem frippe99s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2004

Standard

They have been removed. However they didn't make the album justice.

Standard

I listened to a few of those samples, then stopped because they only play like 20 seconds and you know how kent songs tend to change. I'd be in the same position as you if I tried listening to those samples, but just wait for the album. And if you're unsure whether or not if it's worth buying (the album) then just give the whole thing a listen (I can't say much about how because of the tight rules around here but you can figure it out) and if it sounds decent on the first few listens then go out and buy it. Thing I've noticed with a lot of albums is that you won't like them much on the first few listens because they don't have enough catchy songs but they're such good albums overall that you'll eventually come round to liking them, like that new Arctic Monkeys album, took me about 3 weeks to like but I like it more than their first one now.

And whatever you do, don't try listening to it like 5 times in the same day lol because if you do that, you won't like it immediately and you'll become frustrated with it. It's better to listen to it a few times over a bunch of days unless you like it immediately.

And I agree, Depeche Mode are a pretty overrated band, I remember one of their songs, Enjoy The Silence, not very good but then Keane did an acoustic piano cover of it that sounds pretty good:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eTzQC9alliU

Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

I agree with you about sometimes albums taking a while to appreciate... except for Du & Jag Döden... I think I listened to it about 6 times the day I got it and loved it from the start! Mew's most recent album (Glass-Handed Kites) is one that took me a while to enjoy... now it's one of my favorites. The Killers' newest album is another one like that, but it turns out it's a pretty fantastic album as well!

That's a very interesting cover of Enjoy The Silence... I kinda like it.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Depeche Mode is OVERRATED? WHAT?
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Erfaren medlem Clive_Burrs_grannes avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    Depeche Mode is OVERRATED? WHAT?

Absolutely.
    They haven't done anything worth listening since Black Celebration.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Big deal. Pumpkins haven't released anything good since MCIS but I wouldn't call them overrated.

Standard

And then there's Blur, good band, make side projects, but nothing since 2003, and just when I thought they were going back into the studio for a new album, turns out it was just media rumours.

The wait for Tillbaka is killing me though, first kent album release for me, I heard just after Du Och Jag Doden. They were playing Max 500 on one of those American Serius sattelite radio channels for World Music under some Scandinavian section, how wierd is that. And then I went and got some of their songs, Sverige was the first one so it was wierd.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    I listened to a few of those samples, then stopped because they only play like 20 seconds
    Most official online download stores only give you 30 second samples to listen to. In that time most purchase decisions are made.

I could tell that "Berlin" is a fantastic song and I was surprised about the large number of mellow tunes coming...

Had it been available already (which does happen through error in some stores), I would have bought the cd.

Nybörjare a violent whispers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I say we listen to it first..so far what I have heard I love. and not just because it's kent either.

D.M are legends.. seriously now. Be serious

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

I think they should use the Ingenting video for all their singles off this album. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

I think the album is going to be good. I will force myself to love it at least.

DM are legends. These people are chumps.

Medlem tricksters avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2004

Standard

I didnt listen to the samples
    I prefer to listen to the real thing whilelooking the limited edition booklet ;-)

I dont like DM at all but Ingenting is already a favourite.
    Even if they will try to imitate a band (I am not saying they are)
    the music has still their personal essence so it is still different
    ett perfekt substitut

Sidan 1 av 4 1234 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •