Sidan 1 av 4 1234 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 60

Ämne: Just a bit curious...

Smygare ljusfests avatar
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard Just a bit curious...

How come you all started to listen to Kent? It's really great to see that they've got so many fans outside Scandinavia! They do deserve it!

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

I read a raving review of 'Isola' in a Dutch music mag in the spring of 1998, just before the English release of the album, bought it the next day, put it on as soon as I got home and was very impressed.
    I saw them live at the Lowlands festival that same year and in 2000 in the Effenaar in Eindhoven when they were touring 'Hagnesta Hill'. After that I sort of lost track of them until the release of 'Du & Jag Döden', which renewed my interest in the band.

I think it's safe to say Kent are one of my all time favourite bands.

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

A friend of mine was a DJ at our University radio station when Isola came out... so he let me know about them. If You Were Here, Celsius, 747, and some others got a good bit of play for a while over here.
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Nybörjare misskents avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I fell in love with kent when I lived in Sweden for a while a couple of years ago, and I was on my first kent-concert at Globen in 2002. At that time it was a real kent-hipe there because of V&A. After that I´ve been to "den vita konserten" and 2 times on a concert on the turné 19.
    I bought all the albums and sat there translating every song...improved my swedish a lot!
    I have to say that Hagnästa Hill is my favorite so far because it´s so melancholic... så svenskt, tycker jag
    så länge hjärtat mitt slår...

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

In 2000, when music non stop was playing on Mtv.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Standard

I'm a bit different I guess. I figured out that European bands are better than North American bands so I was exploring around a bit on the internet at random times, and a couple years ago after Du Och Jag Doden came out I came across some of their samples and music vids, got a bit more of their music, and then convinced my parents to get me the albums. First song I ever heard by them was Sverige which doesn't represent their averge sound but I ended up liking everything in the end.

Notice how self promotion by the band has very little to do with how most of us English fans found kent? My friends that like kent obviously haven't ever heard them on the radio or tv or anything, they heard them through me so I guess we're doing the kent promotion outside of Scandinavia.

Standard

my swedish friend recommended their music to me. i remember my first kent song is Stop Me June (Little Ego). oh. and it's 7:47 now when i'm typing this post. cool coincidence. reminds me of fans screaming and countdown last time i heard in two kent gigs in sthlm.

Nybörjare boones avatar
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2007

Smile

I heard "Sundance Kid" on Pandora, liked the song, and started looking for more Kent. Good stuff!

Standard

I liked another Swedish band called The Motorhomes and I read on the internet that they were similar to a band called Kent. I checked them out and loved them. Sundance Kid was the first Kent song I really fell in love with I think. I wonder if anyone else here likes The Motorhomes, or Moi Caprice my other favourite Scandinavian band.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

when i started swedish lessons, someone suggested listening to swedish radio so that we would hear more spoken swedish. so, amongst all the pop on p3 star, kent's max500 jumped right out at me, then i heard other kent songs played (it was jocke's voice that caught my attention), and i decided to find out who, or what kent were.

the first album i bought was the english vesion of isola becuase, for some odd reason a record store in the city centre had one in stock. i then purchased d&jd from amazon, and i was hooked. i would say hagnesta hill (swedish version) is my favourite kent album, but the 2 extra songs on the english version are great.

i'm yet to be able to convert anyone to kent's music, but i did come across one guy in my swedish course who was also a kent fan, sadly, he never returned to the course the next year, just as my interest in kent was growing, so i never really got to have a proper kent 'conversation' with him.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

I found Kent back when I used to listen to swedish radio over the internet. It was the summer of '05 and I heard Palace och Main and thought it sounded pretty neat. It wasn't long after that, that I found this site and ordered Du och Jag Döden. Then when I was in Holland that summer I picked up Vapen och Ammunition at a record store in Haarlem. I listened to that CD all the way back from Amsterdam, and liked it even more than D&JD. Then I bought whatever I could find from the internet: B-sidor, Kent (debutalbumet), och Hagnesta Hill.

I really fell in love with Kent's music. It also has helped me with my swedish vocabulary. I have been learning swedish for about 6 or 7 years now.
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Standard

my swedish friend introduced me to ingenting.. and i really liked the sound! so from then on i was hooked.. but i also stayed to listen more of them because each of their albums has a different kind of style in my opinion, it's very interesting ^^

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2007

Standard

Stabbing Westward said to check them out and I did.

Smygare
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

Hej alla!!

I'm a Russian fan! =) I wonder if there are some more Russian fans?
    That's great that we foreign fans are so many!
    I started listening to Kent in summer 2006. My Swedish was far from perfect then, I just met my first Swedes to talk Swedish with and one of them gave me some Swedish music. I like Kent best, but I hadn't a notion that they were so famous!
    It was Du & Jag Döden and I liked the album after listening to it many times. But when I found the texts and translated them all - I fell in love with Kent!!
    My Swedish improved a lot thanks to their texts btw!!
    And I read this forum a lot and it became the foundation of my colloquial Swedish
    Now I have more of their albums and I'm spreading them among my friends!!!
    (I have always considerated myself to be Kent's inofficial representative here in my town xD)
    Several weeks ago my friend who is a Swedish teacher came here to give a course in Swedish (för nybörjare). Their textbook is Svenska Utifrån, and they read smth about KENT there! now they ask me to burn CDs with Kent's songs!!!!

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av ritis Visa inlägg
    Their textbook is Svenska Utifrån, and they read smth about KENT there! now they ask me to burn CDs with Kent's songs!!!!
    Hoppas du vet att det är olagligt att kopia skivor för kompisar!

Jag har Svenska Utifrån också, jag köpte den när jag åkte till Stockholm i juli.

Welcome to the Kent Forum though! It's great to chat with all the fans here from all over the world.
    Senast redigerat av canderson den 2007-10-17 klockan 18:03.
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Sidan 1 av 4 1234 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •