Sidan 2 av 8 FörstaFörsta 12345678 SistaSista
Resultat 16 till 30 av 115

Ämne: Why is it so quiet in here????

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

[QUOTE=SportfreundeFCkeane;92565]And kent don't need to reinvent themselves after D & J Doden but the fact that they have more diversity and have changed more than any other band I know (except maybe Idlewild) is pretty cool. Their music is all over the place, you don't need to pick a fav, but the debut was a bit mediocre I'd say.
    QUOTE]

Yeah, I think bands need to change with the times. Especially if you're around for awhile, other examples are U2, Madonna, and Stone Temple Pilots. It must be boring as an artist if you play the same style over and over again for 15 or 20 years! Plus times definitely change and as you go through it you need to change with it otherwise your fans may well get bored too.
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Standard

Well, a lot of bands like Coldplay, Muse, The Hives have sorta established their sound and their fans love it. Lets face it, the sound isn't the most important thing as long as the quality is good, kent's an exception but very few bands can make the sort of variety kent do for 12+ years.

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    The album is sensational. It's the reinvention of Kent. I can't stop listening to it...
    Agree. Unfortunately, I'm not living alone, so TTS isn't playing all day.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    I was sick. Still sick.

It rained, sleeted and snowed on Thanksgiving and then on the weekend it just rained.

I hate the cold.
    Feeling better now?
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    They'll find their way back eventually...
    They certainly should. TTS is GREAT .

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    Well, a lot of bands like Coldplay, Muse, The Hives have sorta established their sound and their fans love it. Lets face it, the sound isn't the most important thing as long as the quality is good, kent's an exception but very few bands can make the sort of variety kent do for 12+ years.
    True, but those bands aren't time proven yet. It seems you have to be able to adjust with the times to remain successful. U2 is a good example; I started listening to them back in the late 80's and so they have been active for about 20 years now. That takes a lot of work and true talent! Not only that, but they also have the talent to write their own music, as does Kent, instead of that cookie-cutter shit you hear all over the radio nowadays.

I think Kent will have that kind of staying power, as long as they want to continue doing it.
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    They certainly should. TTS is GREAT .
    I agree

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av canderson Visa inlägg

Yeah, I think bands need to change with the times. Especially if you're around for awhile, other examples are U2, Madonna, and Stone Temple Pilots. It must be boring as an artist if you play the same style over and over again for 15 or 20 years! Plus times definitely change and as you go through it you need to change with it otherwise your fans may well get bored too.
    I agree. However, the scary bit is that U2 and Stone Temple Pilots either suck or don't exist anymore today. I was so disapointed with the last U2 tour. Like a one hit wonder, they played Vertigo at the start and at the end of the concert.

However, Muse had their best year so far. Their gigs at Wembley Stadium were voted the best gigs ever in the U.K.

Standard

It's the NME hype. Muse are great, definetely over rated though.

Kent have been lucky though, they haven't gotten pigeonholed in their country like other good bands like Keane or McFly or Travis do. In Canada, Sum 41 used to be popular, they still are but there's a lot of hate for them even though they're finally making good albums now.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Feeling better now?
    Not really, but I'll survive.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Well, I think you feel better then the Thanksgiving turkey.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Well, I think you feel better then the Thanksgiving turkey.
    Yeah, mine was none too thrilled, but tasted so damn good!!! Mmmmmm. I can't believe I only cook a turkey once a year. I guess it makes it more special and tasty.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Back to the topic, we also lost the Danish, Finnish and Norwegian fans in the forum new style, because we all have a seperate language section so they needn't visit the Enghlish section . We also lost a couple of nice threads too. Like the hividiit oy etcetera, the girls hating CC-skiing .

Standard

Yah, just one English forum would've been nice but I guess they have enough fans from other Scandinavian languages to have a different one.

I almost never even got here cos I found it so hard to register and then post. So my advice to the mods would be to make a seperate section for English users to register and then be able to post through.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Doman1526 Visa inlägg
    Maybe because its a lackluster album. From worst to first, kent, vekligen, Tillbaka, and so on. Yes I know to each his own, but with my disappointment I am heading back to the overplayed Mew for the last 3 years for now.

Peace!!
    I have to agree with that (as I have already highlighted) and, furthermore, I have come to realise that I spent way too much time online. Since I moved to the Netherlands, I have been to more concerts than I used to (at least in Eindhoven)...

My primary taste in music being rock'n'roll in various forms, I know for a fact that I will never like this album no matter how many times I listen to it.

This weekend, Speedfest in Eindhoven which should be fun...Gotta love the Brabant guys :-)

Cheers

FErg
    Som om Jag bryr mig

Sidan 2 av 8 FörstaFörsta 12345678 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •