Sidan 3 av 8 FörstaFörsta 12345678 SistaSista
Resultat 31 till 45 av 115

Ämne: Why is it so quiet in here????

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

I've been quiet because I've been out on the tour and not near computers. I'm back now (dammit! Why can't I be in Lund and Copenhagen!) At the risk of being extremely annoying to all those who couldn't make it to a gig I have to say that I've just been blown away, Kent just go from strength to strength live. I'd go so far as to say that the three nights in Oslo were maybe the best I've ever seen them (those dates and the two Vegas in Copenhagen in 2005 I reckon. Partly I think that's down to the venues which were proper rock venues rather than school gyms or conference centres like the places in Helsinki, Trondheim etc. So I'm sad to see they're not playing many real venues on the new tour, though I guess there aren't any big enough in the likes of Lahti and Trollhattan...)

The new stuff is really powerful live and just works brilliantly, sounds much more "rock" than on the record. And the band seemed to be really happy with everything and very relaxed on stage. A couple of favourite moments: second night in Oslo, when the band left the stage after Ensammast i Sverige (which closes the main set) we all kept singing the chorus, which had happened at a couple of the other gigs I was at but this time we were still singing loudly when the band came back for the encore. I think they were very chuffed Then the next night in 747, Jocke came in too early on one of the choruses (how many times must he have sung that song!) and we all just cracked up, him included!

I was also fortunate enough to have the unexpected bonus of bumping into the band at Gothenburg station - I was waiting for my train to Ski in a cafe on the station and the Stockholm train left a couple of minutes earlier than ours. I looked up and there were the band heading for the Stockholm platform! I was amazed they'd travel on public transport as they're so huge in Sweden, but couldn't resist the opportunity to run up and say thanks for being so bloody great. That really made my day!

Anyway, roll on January...

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

It's good to see you guys online. And I can accept if this album isn't your thing FErg. It really is a bit different from the others. So what bands are you listnening to nowadays?

Now sandcat, the fact that you met them at Göteborg Järnvägstation makes me jealous. That is so cool that they actually travel by train! I guess people in Sweden probably don't make such a fuss about an artist or actor as they do here in the states. Here they'd never be left alone! Cool you got to go to all those concerts too, what a blast it must've been.

Where did you go skiing, by the way?
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av canderson Visa inlägg

Now sandcat, the fact that you met them at Göteborg Järnvägstation makes me jealous. That is so cool that they actually travel by train! I guess people in Sweden probably don't make such a fuss about an artist or actor as they do here in the states. Here they'd never be left alone! Cool you got to go to all those concerts too, what a blast it must've been.

Where did you go skiing, by the way?
    I know, no one else was even looking at them (Swedes are too cool!!) but I just knew I'd kick myself later if I didn't say something to them... their music means so much to me and I'd been having such a great time on the tour, hard to articulate all that when someone is rushing to get a train but I just had to say some sort of thanks, however puny, and I hoped they wouldn't mind me bothering them for that - I was very polite

And the tour was so great I've spent the last few days planning the next lot of gigs, hurray! There's nothing like being there and hearing those songs live. The longer versions of Ensammast i Sverige and Mannen... are just so unbelievably wonderful. Sigh. So it should be fun getting to some of these Swedish towns I'd never heard of until Monday!

And I wasn't skiing, probably just as well cos I'm so rubbish at it, but then we didn't have much snow where I grew up, that's my excuse! Actually the town is called Ski, it's where my in-laws live, just south of Oslo (handily!) It's also just a few kilometers away from Aas where Kent start the next leg of the tour, I couldn't believe it when I saw that! So all booked up for that one too

Standard

I used to live in Windsor, most southern point (closest to the equator) in Canada. We used to have people from Detroit, America, cross the bridge (100 m wide river) come to our city in the middle of the summer dressed up in winter clothing asking where the nearest ski resorts were and expecting to see Eskimos. Funny thing was that Detroit's actually slightly north of winter. Random skiing story.

*sigh* I feel kinda left out. I'd go to see kent if they came here, but I just don't enjoy live music. Music's more of a background, something on the bus or working out, for me it isn't something you watch for over an hour. Only concert I ever liked was Sigur Ros in a seating venue.

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sandcat Visa inlägg
    The new stuff is really powerful live and just works brilliantly, sounds much more "rock" than on the record. And the band seemed to be really happy with everything and very relaxed on stage.
    No better way to put it. That was my feeling yesterday in Copenhagen too.

And scince you're on the roll in our beatifull country FErg, please take the opportunity and go to one of the KENT gigs on the winter tour, then you might even like the TTS CD after all.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

So is anyone awake in this english part of kent's forum?
    (mimmi77 med ny tillfällig profil)

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av mimmi77* Visa inlägg
    So is anyone awake in this english part of kent's forum?
    Yes, certainly. Thera are few of us, but we are still there.
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

I AM HERE!

The forum was down for me yesterday. Anyone else have this problem or am I a retard?
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    I AM HERE!

The forum was down for me yesterday. Anyone else have this problem or am I a retard?
    Happens to me too, from time to time, that I can't access the forum, but most of times it doesn't last a day.

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    Happens to me too, from time to time, that I can't access the forum, but most of times it doesn't last a day.
    Iam swedish, but still there's times when I can't get access to this forum, or that everything is deleyed, but last thing can have to do with that my internet isn't the fastest.
    So where are you from?

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

Yes, certainly. Thera are few of us, but we are still there.
    so whazz up?

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

so whazz up?
    My sons aren't, they are asleep . So I'm listening to KENT. They will be up and going again early tomorrow morning .

So I'm enjoying the prospect of another holiday in Sweden and thereby visiting Eskilstuna including the Juli gig they will play there .

As for the rest of us crazy foreign KENT fans, I don't know.

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

My sons aren't, they are asleep . So I'm listening to KENT. They will be up and going again early tomorrow morning .

So I'm enjoying the prospect of another holiday in Sweden and thereby visiting Eskilstuna including the Juli gig they will play there .

As for the rest of us crazy foreign KENT fans, I don't know.
    Sounds like you're going to have an early night then.
    Awesome to watch kent in their hometown!
    Bet they're going to be nervous.
    july a lovely month for music outdoors.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Sounds like you're going to have an early night then.
    Awesome to watch kent in their hometown!
    Bet they're going to be nervous.
    july a lovely month for music outdoors.
    No, I'm going to have little sleep .

I'm looking forward to that gig. And still waiting for the 1 day tickets at Arvika to go on sale, just fits the holiday planning.

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

No, I'm going to have little sleep .

I'm looking forward to that gig. And still waiting for the 1 day tickets at Arvika to go on sale, just fits the holiday planning.
    ok, hope you're going to have a nice holiday in Sweden then, And that you get the tickets you wanna have,
    So you've decided to take a little sleep, well suit yourself

Sidan 3 av 8 FörstaFörsta 12345678 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •