Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12
Resultat 16 till 24 av 24

Ämne: Winter tour with 30 gigs

Standard

Hehe, I just realized, I don't care how many concerts they play. They're probably never gonna come to North America or at least close to where I live. And by the time I graduate from university and have a decent job or somethin, I doubt they'll be around. So I don't care how many tours they do, if they do one concert per album then fine. It's actually a good thing because the sooner they stop touring the sooner they're likely to go into the studio to record another album which is the thing that I look forward to and can actually listen to unlike a tour.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av kevlarhead Visa inlägg
    They're afraid Jocke might start singing in German.
    ...thereby selling his Kevlar Soul!

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2003

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    They just did or is doing concerts in Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Göteborg and some other cities. No small cities at all. Don't you think people who live in smaller cities deserve to get a kent concert this time?

I understand your concern, but to be honest, it's not reasonable to demand that kent will think about non-Scandinavian fans when they plan their gigs in Scandinavia.

I'm sure there are ways to get to the gigs for non-Scandinavian fans. If you live in Germany for example, take a plane to Smaland Airport in Växjö and you will get directly to a city where kent play. There are flights from Berlin and Düsseldorf. And of course me and other Swedes will try to help you plan your trip to the concerts. Just ask us! If you need to take a bus and/or a train, this is a good site.

Talking about me? In that case you haven't read what I've written before when people were talking about a tour in Germany. I just think there should be some info about such a tour on kent.nu before I fully believe it.

It is not all entirely correct though, the are playing a gig in Ö-Vik and no gig in Umeå, yet Ö-Vik has half the population, and Ume is a town filled with students so they are bound to get a goo turn out.

You know what i think it is, they seem to be touring all the Ice Hockey arenas, and the Swedbank Arena is new and they just want to see it haha! The Skycom arena in Umeå has been around for a wee while now!!

I was working in Ö-Vil for 9 weeks this autumn and managed to see a Modo v Skellefteå hockey game, and i thought the areana was great, hence the reason i have just bought tickets for the Kent gig there.

Erfaren medlem Enskadaredanskedds avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    Woah, don't tire youself out too much for the Germany tour boys (I don't live in Germany so it wouldn't make a difference to me but it'd be nice for them to get out of Scandinavia).

Btw, interesting support band (if you can call him that), his sounds nice even though I don't listen to hardcore electro stuff but not sure about the guys voice and don't know if anyone will actually like it. One of his music vids looks exactly like the Klaxons, weird.
    Haha, he's from Skåne.
    And they have a weird accent down there.

just because i'm losing, doesn't mean i'm lost

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sakermanser Visa inlägg
    Is it just me or have they gone out of their way to make it extremely difficult for non-Scandanavian fans to make it to their gigs again? They're not playing any capital cities and virtually no airlines fly to the places they are playing this time!
    I think they have said several times that they intend to stay in the nordic countries. I don't think it's that they're purposely trying to make it difficult for the non-nordic fans (I'm saying nordic because they play in Finland also); but because they sing in Swedish it makes sense that they would only perform in those countries where Swedish is either spoken or mutually understood. I'm sure it's not out of spite.

At least for those of you already in Europe, and with the means, you have the opportunity to travel to their concerts, if you can purchase the tickets in time! Think how I feel! Getting to Stockholm for me is such a huge f'ing ordeal! I cannot stand the plane flight or the jetlag for the first week there, although it is well worth the trip.

Hehe, I just realized, I don't care how many concerts they play. They're probably never gonna come to North America or at least close to where I live. And by the time I graduate from university and have a decent job or somethin, I doubt they'll be around. So I don't care how many tours they do, if they do one concert per album then fine. It's actually a good thing because the sooner they stop touring the sooner they're likely to go into the studio to record another album which is the thing that I look forward to and can actually listen to unlike a tour.
    Being also in North America, I am waiting for maybe a concert in Iceland. That would be a good middlepoint I think. I can fly direct to Rejkyavik from Minneapolis! Can you get cheap flights to Iceland from Canada? I know.... it's still not practical or easy. But don't despair, maybe when Kent does a reunion concert in 20 years they'll play more broadly throughout the world .
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Standard

Actually, Sigur Ros probably broke all those language barriers. They don't even sing in their own language (Icelandic) half the time, they just sing gibberish and Americans actually accept them so it just depends and is a matter of breaking through.

Reunion tour someday huh? How many bands do that anyways these days anyways, and if they did, it'd probably just be a few concerts in Sweden.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Actually, Sigur Ros probably broke all those language barriers. They don't even sing in their own language (Icelandic) half the time, they just sing gibberish and Americans actually accept them so it just depends and is a matter of breaking through.

Reunion tour someday huh? How many bands do that anyways these days anyways, and if they did, it'd probably just be a few concerts in Sweden.
    Yeah, you're right Sigur Ros are so cool...I love their eerie sounds. As for the reunion tour, i was thinking kind of like the Rolling Stones or the Grateful Dead, maybe even the Beach Boys types of reunion concerts. When everyone is old and gray and reliving the good old days, could be interesting... Don't you think?
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Yep, we're lucky.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jimmy k Visa inlägg
    It is not all entirely correct though, the are playing a gig in Ö-Vik and no gig in Umeå, yet Ö-Vik has half the population, and Ume is a town filled with students so they are bound to get a goo turn out.
    Sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me. What is not correct?
    Låt dom komma nu

Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •