Sidan 52 av 62 FörstaFörsta ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... SistaSista
Resultat 766 till 780 av 917

Ämne: Live

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

"M" & "999" were added at Tinderbox yesterday.
    kent setlist tinderbox.jpg

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

The setlist got even better at Bråvalla!
    kent setlist bravalla 2015.jpg

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Nice setlists; also there was this super cool video from Miriam Bryant who filmed the end of 747 from the stage.... Jocke's face

I like how the sets were a little bit like a mini Kentfest from last year...

Also, the band said they will record in Autumn!

Nybörjare SirNoodles avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2013

Standard

Setlist at Bråvalla was indeed good. I went to the festival this weekend with friends, great festival, well organised, good food, good weather, lots of space, various good and great bands... and then the exceptionally brilliant Kent.

I saw the setlists of Denmark and Finland before the concert at Bråvalla, and I was a bit worried that it would be too much just the same (indeed like a mini-Kentfest)... how I was proven wrong. Mirage kicked in, and it sounded very powerful, very sharp, really just on it. Petroleum isn't one of my favorite songs, after that it was just one highlight after another. La Belle Epoque was epic, for me an absolute highlight. And then there was 'allt har sin tid'... the other highlight for me, because it exceeded the album version by miles, it just clicked completely on the night.

And next to that, there were various little extra's in the songs, little changes in arrangements which made it all brilliant to watch and hear. Combine it with a great atmosphere, a strong powerful sound with enough details without becomming blurry, and you get a very memorable concert.

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Jazzpurist, I'm glad you enjoyed the show. It will be great to hear your reviews when you return!
    Here is the review of all the 3 kent gigs, it became a bit long, apologies in advance.

So, as I said before, me and my bff went on a crazy 3 days, 3 kent gigs tour this year. I have a newfound respect for kent the fans because this was the most tiring, emotionally draining, unbelievable, fantastic experience in my life.

First up was Provinssi. We travelled to Helsinki the day before and tried to squeeze in some sightseeing as we have never been to Finland before, but the weather was awful, so we went and looked at a church and then off to a bar to get some drinks instead. We packed raincoats so we weren't really worried about bad weather at the festival, but our sightseeing plan got ruined. It was pouring down so hard all day, nearly non-stop, that it came as a nice surprise that the next day it was all sunshine and blue skies. We took the train to Seinäjoki, we had company of a nice Asian couple who were on their honeymoon and got off in Tampere.
    Getting to the festival was easy, they had buses going from the train station straight to the festival and back all day. We arrived quite early so had to wait a bit until they opened the gates, but it meant that we were there in time, other then kent the fans and us, only a few people were there. So we managed to get front row pretty much in the middle. The stage was rather small and quite close, so we could see everything very clearly. There was only one act before kent, she seemed to be very popular with the Finnish teens, but nearly the whole front row were kent fans. (Those of you who are wondering, no, despite the fact that the two languages have the same origin, we didn't understand a word of Finnish.)
    We could see the setlist while they were arranging the stage, but I couldn't read all the titles, the only ones I could make out were Mirage, Jag ser dig, Godhet and 747. This gig was a very strange experience, because kent was playing so early, and the sun was still shining. We had the best visibility ever, being so close and in daylight. We took a few photos, however, only those of Jocke were any good, you can see them here: http://hashtaghappiness.tumblr.com/p...inssi-festival Sami was too far away and the one of Martin that was good enough quality was the kind of photo I wouldn't like to see published if it was a photo of me, so we will keep it in our secret stash forever.
    The band, especially Jocke was in a very good mood, he smiled a lot. He didn't really speak much, he only said that it's been a while they were in Finland and introduced some songs. They had 3 background singers with them again, Naomi and Miriam (who looked mostly bored, but maybe that's just her resting face) from the kentfest and Carolina Wallin Perez.
    Unfortunately we couldn't get it on photo, but Jocke had very cool leopard boots on.
    We were happy with the setlist, tho MIDVH was sorely missed and while they have dressed down UDA again, I would have preferred an even more minimalistic approach on it, maybe just Jocke with a guitar. However, they had 60 minutes playtime overall, so it must have been hard to come up with a decent setlist. We did expect a hit compilation as on festivals it is a wider public who prefers to hear hits and would just stand confused if kent suddenly started to play Längesen vi sågs or something like that. But a couple of guys behind us wanted to hear Papin Jahti, and then started singing it when kent didn't play the song.
    Back in 2004 I was at a concert of a rather famous punkrock band who had a very early playtime at a festival. They were used to being the main act but they had to go on stage at 18:30 or something like that and the singer of the band remarked that it would be a new challenge for them, trying to break hearts at daylight. Kent managed it without a doubt, they didn't even have to try hard.
    It was unbelievable experience, I must add that Jocke looks so good on stage that he should always do this in full light, because it really just improved on the show. I don't think we even managed to get our heads around that what I saw was real before it was over. If we didn't have the pictures to prove that it happened, we wouldn't believe it.
    All in all, it was one of my best concert experiences with kent, not on par with Sjöhistoriska in 2012 but definitely in the top 5. And if I could have gone to just one of the three festivals, I would have definitely picked this one.
    Provinssi as a festival experience was also very good. It was at a nice place, there were people from all age groups and everyone just wanted to enjoy the music and have a good time. It was pretty laid-back. They had free water, nice variety of food, many info points. And the security guys (and girls) seemed to be enjoying the shows just as much as we were. The only bad thing was the mud, but after a rainy day, there was nothing to do about it. It was a festival I would visit again, even without kent playing, would I be living closer to it.

We couldn't stick around and see other gigs as we had to go back to Helsinki to catch the flight to Copenhagen the next day. The train ride for Odense was a horror trip. It was full and we were sitting on the stairs. The conductor said that it is due to the festivals (Roskilde was starting two days later) and the last day of school as well. In Odense we did see high school students in white hats riding on a truck.
    The weather here was nice and we decided to walk to the festival, mostly to walk off the stiffness in our bodies after 1.5 hours flying and 2 hours of train ride. Tinderbox was a bigger festival than Provinssi, but it was really well arranged. Minimal waiting time to get in, the layout was easy and it was extremely clean. People were going around picking up trash all the time. everyone was friendly and overall a very positive festival experience.
    We arrived there while the act before kent was on the stage. We were arguing about standing on Sami's side this time, but they had the camera on that side and the view of the stage was limited, so we decided for Martin again (he's the default). Once the previous act was off stage, the area cleared out pretty well, so we got into a nice position again. First row and right in front of Martin. We made small talk with a very friendly security guy here who were wondering where we came from and if we only came to see kent or the whole festival. He asked if we were some kind of superfans, so I pointed him towards kent the fans. Also, there was a very young boy, around 6 years old, sitting on his dad's shoulders in the public. Talk about superfan.
    The weather here was quite bad, there was a light rain, but nothing to pick out the raincoats for. I was very excited before this for some reason. Maybe because I had an idea now what to expect. Well, kent topped the expectations.
    Jocke and the microphone stand didn't seem to agree tho. He managed to kick it to the ground twice and once he nearly chocked himself with the cord, I think he expected it to be longer and moved too far out with it.
    The public was significantly bigger than in Finland, but so was the stage and the distance as well. We didn't really manage to make any good photos here, as it was rather grey and dark from the rain.
    Someone threw a CD on stage for Martin, which Jocke picked up and looked at. He kept the talking to a minimum even here.
    M was played and on cue it started raining more. It was very hard but I managed not to cry. 999 was a nice addition, the public appreciated it as well. Also, Jocke and Sami's little choreography during 747 was back again (and a disappointment that they didn't do it at Bråvalla later).
    This was a very good concert as well. The band enjoyed it, the public enjoyed it, even the security guys enjoyed it. It raised our expectations for Bråvalla very high, and maybe that was the undoing of the magic later, or at least part of it.
    This was my 13th kent concert, and considering that 13 is my lucky number I expected it to be epic. And it delivered.

And then came Bråvalla…
    Our train from Odense was very late to Copenhagen, so we missed our train to Malmö. We had to buy new tickets and then cross fingers that this one would be on time as we had 8 minutes on us to catch the only Malmö-Stockholm train before late afternoon that we still managed to book tickets to as every other one was sold out. So it was a very nervous morning for us, and due to this, we only arrived to Bråvalla after 7.
    Bråvalla was probably the worst festival I have ever been to. Getting there was very easy and Norrköping deserves an award for being so accommodating to the festival needs. However, the festival itself was a joke.
    I got ID'd at the entrance (I am turning 30 in a few days, so I am nowhere near 18 anymore, sadly). My friend, who is a year younger than me, was not tho. Even the way to the festival was full of litter and torn down posters. The layout of the festival was the worst thought out, the 3 stages next to each other, one area for toilets and one area for food and drinks. The longest queues were in front of the refill mugs and the toilets.
    It seemed like people came to Bråvalla to drink and do drugs and not to see the bands. It was full of drunk teenagers. Half of them were dressed for a photoshoot for their fashion blogs, some probably took their clothes from their grandpa's gardening closet. But they were equally drunk.
    We came late enough to miss the first few minutes of Major Lazer playing and couldn't get close to the stage, and I am thankful for that, because that was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life, and I did see my number of noname punk bands in my teens. It suddenly made sense while everyone drugged and drank their brains off because it was so far from enjoyable that I would have preferred listening to my 6th grade history teacher scratching the blackboard with her fake nails while explaining about the 30 years war.
    The area in front of the stage was closed off and the security tried to keep people out. People were coming out but noone was let in. People were climbing up on the fence and the security had to push them off and one girl was trying to seduce the security guy into letting her in. After a while there was a queue for kent fans to get in. With a very drunk guy standing right behind us. I don't think he even remembers that he saw kent that day.
    Anyways, we got in, second row in front of Martin. Which would have been cool, except that the cameras were set up in a way that the middle of the stage was not visible from them on either side, so I guess only those in the very middle had good visibility.
    There was a very nice older woman standing right next to us and it turned out she was Carolina Wallin Perez mother and she came to see her daughter perform. She seemed to be really enjoying herself during the concert as well.
    About twenty minutes before the concert started and the crowd was gathering, I freaked out and felt like just telling the security guy to get me out of here. It was bad visibility, too many people, the girl next to me had her backpack on and jumped around with it, hitting everyone. The security was unfriendly and looked at us like we all were drunken druggies and potential serial killers. Which is pretty much the sign that they are afraid of the crowd. And they were afraid with a reason as they didn't seem to be handling things well. There were no incidents, luckily, but if there had been any, it would have gone very bad for sure.
    My friend said that we should stay, but I really was not in the mood anymore to see any band in the world, even kent, I just wanted to get the hell out of there. But then kent came on, and they were in a really good mood again and it caught up with me. They seemed to be really enjoying this show. I would say they enjoyed it more than I did. The setlist was pretty much the same, but the public here was more responsive and as much as I saw (I'm pretty short so I didn't see too far), there were loads of people. Jocke was a bit more talkative here, but other than the big news about that they are going to prep for a new album in the autumn (and according to AB they will be recording it in the USA in December), still not much was said.
    Also, due to the awkward placement of the cameras, I had to look up a lot and turn my head all the time between the stage and the monitors to see anything at all, so I ended up with a sore neck halfway through the concert.
    They skipped M this time, and the first time in my life I cried on 999. I would have never thought that that song in particular would ever make me cry but it did.
    This was the only time they came back for an extra song, and they played MIDVH, with two new extra verses which later turned out to be borrowed from a poem by Dan Andersson.
    It was a good concert with a very happy band, a very eager and huge public and a great setlist. However, it was a bit of an anticlimax, because after the two very good gigs I expected it to somehow be even better, given that it was the only show in Sweden. MIDVH being back was a nice addition, but I somehow expected them to play a song from the first album or some oddity to make this one more exclusive. They could have played Blåjeans if they wanted to play a hit song that everyone knew the lyrics to. So I felt like something was missing. It was great, but I somehow expected something even better. On the other hands, the previous two gigs were very hard to top. So I would say, this was the worst of the three gigs, and probably if I would have to list all my 14 gigs in terms of how good they were, this would rank second lowest, but only because there was one gig where we arrived so late that we nearly missed the first song and we had to stand in the very back as there was no way forward anymore and didn't see anything of the band there. Otherwise this would rank the lowest.
    Talking about kent, even their worst is very good and I am definitely happy that I was there, despite the anticlimax.
    Bråvalla as experience was a very big thumbs down and if it wasn't for kent being fantastic, I would have cried my eyes out due to the sheer awfulness of it.

The setlists in general were as expected. I am usually happy to listen to everything they want to play. Also, given that they had 3 gigs in total, it probably made no sense to practice 30 songs and switch around, and maybe that is another reason that it was so similar to the kentfest setlists. At Bråvalla, I would have wished for one song from the first album, given the anniversary, but that's all.

The band seemed to really enjoy their mini-tour, and it was good to see them smile so much. I really loved Jocke's scene clothes too. He is one of those people who would look good even if all he was wearing was an empty trash bag, but he does have a great style.

As for the trip, we learned a lot about how to manage time and arrange travels, what to do with slow time and met nice people and got into funny and very desperate situations. I would definitely do it again, especially for kent. The only downside is that 3 gigs in 3 days gets you so emotionally drained that you cannot function anymore when it is over. It's very difficult to get back to everyday life. Luckily, we spent a few days in Stockholm before, to recharge the batteries before starting the tour, otherwise we wouldn't have made it out sane. To sum it up in one sentence: the things we do for love.
    Senast redigerat av jazzpurist den 2015-06-30 klockan 19:54. Anledning: Freud hälsar och säger förlåt

Reg.datum
    Dec 2013

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jazzpurist Visa inlägg
    And then came Bråvalla…
    Bråvalla was the probably the worst festival I have ever been to...
    First of all: thanks for the lovely review, and my biggest respect for doing the trip. I actually thought about it as well, but decided not to, because I've done that a few times in my younger years and it is as you say: very emotionally/physically draining because part of your brain is just continuously thinking about where to go next.

Then about Bråvalla: very sad to here you had such a bad time, I must say I had the exact opposite experience. I'm not a big fan of festivals, I always prefer one-band-gigs, because on festivals you get what you describe: people just being there for being there, drunk people, a lot of pushing and shoving, ... but in my experience, there was none of that at Bråvalla. We went for 2 days to the festival, and the whole atmosphere to us was very calm & relaxed, only by the end on Saturday, some of the drunks started appearing. I liked the lay-out, a lot of space so you could actually walk from one stage to another without having to push yourself through a crowd and loose half of your friends. Plenty of toilets in various locations, good food, enough space to eat...

For the Kent concert, we were at the left side near Sami. On our side, it was easy to get into and to get a space, and we spend the waiting time talking to some other people. All very lovely and nice. And then the concert itself was magical, and as you say: Kent seemed to really enjoy themselves. So a completely opposite experience for me, I would be happy to go back to Bråvalla

And yes, we got and ID-check at the entrance, which seemed crazy as well (we were with 4, all around 30-40 years old and we really do not look young), but we had a friendly chat with the staff and all was OK (apparently they had a lot of difficulties last year with minors drinking too much). And overall we got on very well with all people and staff at bars, toilets, security etc, we really had a lot of fun.

And yes, Major Lazer was absolute crap

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SirNoodle Visa inlägg
    First of all: thanks for the lovely review, and my biggest respect for doing the trip. I actually thought about it as well, but decided not to, because I've done that a few times in my younger years and it is as you say: very emotionally/physically draining because part of your brain is just continuously thinking about where to go next.
    Thanks!

It was really intense this way. I saw kent 4 times in 2012, but out of those 4, only 2 gigs were quite close to each other, Göteborg and Eskilstuna. (Before them I was in Copenhagen for the club tour and later at Sjöhistoriska.) I did see kent two days in a row back in 2010, but both gigs were in Stockholm - I had a ticket for the Saturday one and got to take over one from a friend's sister for the Sunday one as well as she couldn't make it. But that included no extensive travelling/planning, and those were actually my two very first concerts with them so I didn't really know what to expect at.

I guess our different experience regarding Bråvalla is mainly because of the timing, we arrived only late on Saturday, so the situation escalated by that time. The food I really can't reflect on because we didn't buy any, but the overall experience for me was negative, especially compared to the two other festivals the previous days. Maybe if I went only to Bråvalla and didn't have anything to compare it to, I wouldn't have felt so negative about it.

I feel that if I had only seen kent there, I would have had a different experience of the gig as well. I was thinking about it a lot today, and tried to separate it from the previous experiences and look at it on its own, and in that light, it was really a fantastic concert. I just kind of expected them to one-up the Tinderbox one more than they did. But taking it out of that context, the MIDVH extra verses were hearbreakingly beautiful and the announcement of the new album an extra kick. I'm really looking forward to that and the next tour.

I'm glad that you had a great time as well. But next time Kent plays at Bråvalla, I'm just going to read your review of it.

Reg.datum
    Dec 2013

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jazzpurist Visa inlägg
    Thanks!

It was really intense this way. I saw kent 4 times in 2012, but out of those 4, only 2 gigs were quite close to each other, Göteborg and Eskilstuna. (Before them I was in Copenhagen for the club tour and later at Sjöhistoriska.) I did see kent two days in a row back in 2010, but both gigs were in Stockholm - I had a ticket for the Saturday one and got to take over one from a friend's sister for the Sunday one as well as she couldn't make it. But that included no extensive travelling/planning, and those were actually my two very first concerts with them so I didn't really know what to expect at.
    We've done quite some similar Kent dates... if the Göteborg one was the one in the park (Trädgårdsföreningen), I was there as well (that is one of my favorite concerts). Sjöhistoriska I did as well (lovely setting). I did 3 in that period (Malmö for the club tour) but those dates were quite far apart, so easy to handle. And I also was in Stockholm Annexet in 2010 for 2 dates in a row as well, I think the second and third concert, but I don't remember if that was a saturday and sunday.

Next time Kent plays... although I loved Bråvalla, I really hope it is somewhere else, a small venue in a small city, a large venue... in any case on their own

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SirNoodle Visa inlägg
    We've done quite some similar Kent dates... if the Göteborg one was the one in the park (Trädgårdsföreningen), I was there as well (that is one of my favorite concerts). Sjöhistoriska I did as well (lovely setting). I did 3 in that period (Malmö for the club tour) but those dates were quite far apart, so easy to handle. And I also was in Stockholm Annexet in 2010 for 2 dates in a row as well, I think the second and third concert, but I don't remember if that was a saturday and sunday.

Next time Kent plays... although I loved Bråvalla, I really hope it is somewhere else, a small venue in a small city, a large venue... in any case on their own
    I am also hoping for standalone concerts and no festivals for next year. I wouldn't mind another kentfest tho.

The second and the third concert at Annexet was Friday and Saturday, as they had 4 in a row, if I remember correctly. And in Göteborg I was at the one in the park, not the club tour one.

I think it's time I make a list because the dates have become too much to remember:

2010.02.27. Stockholm, Annexet
    2010.02.28. Stockholm, Annexet
    2010.07.22. Stockholm, Långholmsparken
    2012.05.24. Copenhagen, Vega
    2012.07.14. Göteborg, Trädgårdsföreningen
    2012.07.20. Eskilstuna, Sundbyholms slott
    2012.08.19. Stockholm, Sjöhistoriska
    2013.08.24. Stockholm, Tele2 Arena
    2014.05.14. Lund, Mejeriet
    2014.06.01. Göteborg, Kentfest
    2014.06.15. Stockholm, Kentfest
    2015.06.25. Provinssi
    2015.06.26. Tinderbox
    2015.06.27. Bråvalla

Okay, maybe this list was more impressive in my mind that it actually is. It's still a too short list for all the emotions and memories I have from these gigs.

Reg.datum
    Dec 2013

Standard

It's an impressive list...
    I can just about match that with my list

1/ 06-10-98 - Cactus Club, Bruges, Belgium: Isola tour,first time I saw them live, setlist included the Depeche Mode cover 'stripped', closest to my hometown they ever played and most likely will ever play. I live 10 minutes from Bruges. I had a broken leg, but still wanted to go. Thank god I did

2/ 17-05-2000 - Brussels, Botaniue: Hagnesta Hill tour

3/ 2009-2000 - Brussels, Les Nuits Botaniques, also Hagnesta Hill tour, double-bill with Richard Ashcroft (solo, not with the Verve)

Then onto swedish language albums only...
    4/ 23 feb 2008 – Copenhagen KB (my first Scandinavian concert, revolt III was so powerfull)
    5/ 26 feb 2010 – Stockholm Annexet (first time ever vinternoll2 live for me)
    6/ 27 feb 2010 – Stockholm Annexet
    7/ 2 juni 2012 – Malmö – KB (my favorite concert)
    8/ 14 juli 2012 – Göteborg – Trädgårdsföreningen (first time I took my wife with me to Kent, she loved it)
    9/ 19 augusti 2012 – Stockholm – Sjöhistoriska
    10/ 8 maj 2014 – Oslo (Norge) – Sentrum Scene
    11/ 15 juni 2014 – Stockholm, Gärdet (Kentfest)
    12/ 27 juni 2015 – Norrköping – Bråvalla festival

Many thanks to kentjunkie's website, with a full list of older concerts, because I couldn't remember the dates for the Belgian concerts...

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

When you don't live in Sweden (and probably if you do in certain regions) every kent gig is an adventure! I am slightly jealous of those lists you guys have. If I could choose to go back to one specific tour, I should have pushed harder to go to the 2010 February tour. Not only does this look like the last "big" tour of sorts that kent did, the setlist was really interesting; and I loved the way they mixed the songs into threes for parts of the gig. No regrets though of course, coming from abroad I'm glad to have seen them at all to be honest!

Reg.datum
    Dec 2013

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av .namnlös Visa inlägg
    When you don't live in Sweden (and probably if you do in certain regions) every kent gig is an adventure! I am slightly jealous of those lists you guys have. If I could choose to go back to one specific tour, I should have pushed harder to go to the 2010 February tour. Not only does this look like the last "big" tour of sorts that kent did, the setlist was really interesting; and I loved the way they mixed the songs into threes for parts of the gig. No regrets though of course, coming from abroad I'm glad to have seen them at all to be honest!
    agree 100%, every gig is an adventure when you're coming from abroad. I'm always happy to go back to Stockholm, because I love to visit the city. But I also try to do other cities when I pick a concert date, just to see a bit more of the world. That's why I'm hoping for a longer tour this time, my current plan is to then do back-to-back concerts for a couple of days, but in different places.

My main 'regret' is that I only started going to Scandinavia to see them by 2008, leaving a big gap between my first concerts and later... A gig from the D&JD period would have been great. But at that time, music was a bit more to the background in general, kids were born, life moved on etc...

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Looking at the dates, will there be additional gigs?
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    Looking at the dates, will there be additional gigs?
    I guess it depends on fan demand. December 17th will be the final date. The Tele2 Arena has a max capacity of 45000 for concerts, so I don't see another concert on the 16th of December.
    However, Gothenburg on October 1st and Malmö on November 12th could possibly be added.

Reg.datum
    Dec 2013

Standard

To get tickets via UnitedStage: anything you can do to prepare? There is a login function, but I can't find a way to already create a profile. Or does the site just take you to the venue itself, and then allows you to book tickets (on Saturday)?

Sidan 52 av 62 FörstaFörsta ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •