Sidan 1 av 62 123456789101151 ... SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 917

Ämne: Live

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard Live

What better way to start this year’s festival season than with Rock Im Park in Nürnberg (Nuremberg)! Having seen over 30 bands in three days, I’m happy to say that all but two were excellent. Maximo Park, The White Stripes, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Hives, Mando Diao, Linkin Park, The Sounds, Muse, My Chemical Romance, Kaiser Chiefs, The Fratellis and lots more played outstanding sets.

Some quotes from the weekend included:

“These Germans are ready, actually they’re overcooked!” Howlin’ Pelle Almqvist commenting on his fans front of stage.

“I’m Howlin’ Pelle Almqvist! I’m Howlin’ Pelle Almqvist! I’m Howlin’ Pelle Almqvist!” Pelle making sure nobody calls him Gustaf Noren anymore.

“My name is Jack White and this is my big sister Meg” Jack Gillis “White” introducing his ex-wife.

“Hello Rock Am Ring!” Wolfmother singer Andrew Stockdale greeting Rock Im Park (parallel festival to Rock Am Ring) before realizing that he was still in another “Dimension.”

“This is <Doomsday Clock> from our new album <Zeitgeist>, or is it pronounced <Zeetgeist>?” Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins not having done his homework.

“This song is dedicated to all the girls in here, they’re all c**nts!” The Gallows didn’t make any new fans that night.

“This really sums it up, if you live by the sword, then you must die by the sword.” Slayer’s Tom Araya letting us know that the good part of the festival was already over when Slayer came on.

Other highlights included performances of unreleased songs by The Hives, Mando Diao as well as special guest appearances by Uli Jon Roth and Rudy Schenker during The Smashing Pumpkins encore.

Next festival: Southside!

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Southside was sensational, pity that so few here are into live gigs...

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2002

Standard

[QUOTE=
    “This song is dedicated to all the girls in here, they’re all c**nts!” The Gallows didn’t make any new fans that night.

“This really sums it up, if you live by the sword, then you must die by the sword.” Slayer’s Tom Araya letting us know that the good part of the festival was already over when Slayer came on.
    [/QUOTE]

I must admit I like Slayer but, then again, I am a reformed metalhead. I still listen to their CDs up to "Season in the abyss".

As for Gallows, they're idiots by the look of it... Music is unispired and uninspiring and just EMO parading as punk.

This is not my type of festival music-wise but sounds like you had a good time so it's all that matters...

Cheers

FErg
    Som om Jag bryr mig

Medlem coq rouges avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2003

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    ... pity that so few here are into live gigs...
    i greatly enjoy live gigs, but i can't afford to go to many...

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

I spent a little time online this morning and it was worth it. Guess I'll be going on a little Scandinavian tour this fall. Stockholm tickets were the hardest to get, Helsinki had a nasty surcharge & Copenhagen was nice as usual. I'm anxious to see for what dates the three extra shows will be announced..

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Today marks the start of yet another exciting concert week:

Manu Chao (Munich)
    Kaiser Chiefs (Munich)
    Foo Fighters (Munich)
    Jack Penate (Munich)
    The Ark (Helsinki)
    Kent (Helsinki)

And I'll be skipping all of the MTV festivities (VMA 2007) going on in town this week.

I made the "mistake" of wearing my Manu Chao t-shirt from the last German tour in 2001 tonight. Turns out that there were no t-shirts on sale tonight. I could hardly make it through the arena without being stopped with various questions ranging from "what does that say" through "where did you get that" to "you a**h**e got the last shirt..."

Standard

I really hope Sportfreunde Stiller win that award (I think they're nominated for German artist of the year) or at least Juli. I don't know if Wir Sind Helden is nominated for anything which is surprising. Sportfreunde Stiller have been around a bit longer and have been making good music since 2000 with 5 albums compared to some of these other new bands/German rappers.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

The Sportis are a great band. Indeed, they are nominated for best German act together with The Beatsteaks, Juli and two rappers. You can vote for them online.

As far as winning this year, it's hard to say. The Beatsteaks had their most successful year so far...

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard Germany 2008?

Several German online reviews mention that Kent will undertake a German tour in 2008.

http://www.medienkonverter.de/kritik.php4?id=2512

http://www.alternativmusik.de/rezens...till-samtiden/

I hope it's true!

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Several German online reviews mention that Kent will undertake a German tour in 2008.

http://www.medienkonverter.de/kritik.php4?id=2512

http://www.alternativmusik.de/rezens...till-samtiden/

I hope it's true!

I know a lot of us do hope so. I sure do.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

I'm in Helsinki right now and quite excited about tonight's show. Yesterday, I saw The Ark at the soldout Apollo Live Club (fantastic venue). It was the last show on their tour and they really rocked. Having a certain "Moto Boy" step in for about-to-be father Jepson helped lift them to another level: this guy's an extremely talented singer and guitarist.

The Ark made up for the below par performance at Eurovision, made the Finns give them 12 points instead of the 8 actually received and played for almost 2 hours.

Now I'm in the mood to see Kent start their tour!

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

The last concert I was at was Interpol like 2 months ago. The last concert I actually enjoyed was Deftones with Incubus and Taproot in 2000. Good, good, good times.

My body is too old for concerts. I'm such an old lady. BUT if I ever got the chance to see Kent, I totally would. I'll bring my walker.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    The last concert I was at was Interpol like 2 months ago. The last concert I actually enjoyed was Deftones with Incubus and Taproot in 2000. Good, good, good times.

My body is too old for concerts. I'm such an old lady. BUT if I ever got the chance to see Kent, I totally would. I'll bring my walker.
    That's what you get when you're growing older . I found a picture of you on the net, using your walker, here it is.
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    That's what you get when you're growing older . I found a picture of you on the net, using your walker, here it is.
    AND I STILL LOOK HOT!
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    AND I STILL LOOK HOT!
    I never said you didn't.

Sidan 1 av 62 123456789101151 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •