Resultat 1 till 7 av 7

Ämne: Mew vs Kent

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2007

Standard Mew vs Kent

I love Kent, I knew about Kent years before I found out about Mew, which was about 2.5 years ago. It is really tough for me to decide who is better. Kent is fundamentally almost perfect. It reminds me of the Smashing Pumpkins, where Billy Corgan had to play each instrument in Siamese Dream because he didn't want the band members to screw up, which by the way is a fantastic album. I have never met a person who didn't like the Smashing Pumpkins, regardless of the type of music they listened to. Mew on the other hand is a little more experimental and spacey, but they know when to pull back in their songs without distorting anything, almost like an orchestra or symphony. I personally think that is harder to do. I look at bands like Broken Social Scene and Mogwai, and no doubt they are good bands but they are more on the jam out, experimental side, with no structure. Although, if Broken Social Scene toned it down and picked a more structured route, they would blow a bunch of bands out of the water. Anyways, two different bands Mew and Kent, as my two favorites and its tough to pick. I equate Comforting Sounds to 747. Now I am just rambling, but I am just on a Mew fit for the last 2 years.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2003

Standard

It's a Kent winner for me every time.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Siamese Dream is the best album SP ever released.

As for comparing Mew and Kent... I'd have to go with Kent also. I like Mew a lot, but I can only handle that highpitch baby sounding voice Jonas Bjerre sings with for so long.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2002

Standard

well, it's not easy to dompare the 2 bands. For a while Mew had many songs structured in a quite "traditional" way, with verse and chorus, and most of Kent songs are like this too. So, comparing theese songs of the same kind, I prefer the songs from Kent, they're simply more brilliant. But the last Mew album goes to a nearly completely different road, with songs tied one to another and structured in a more experimental way. And I am really impressed by this album, and I think that it's better than the majority of Kent's album so far.
    Gulo Gulo lover forever!
    Maybe my brilliance shining through
    il disfattismo preserva l'integrità del setto nasale

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

I don't think you can compare these two bands. However, the hype that existed after "Frengers" was no longer there after "And The Glass Handed Kites." They just didn't seem "Special" anymore nor could they significantly expand their fan base. I listen to Kent's last album more than to Mew's. Making their songs fade into one another seemed more like an effort to prevent the quality of illegal downloading rather than an artistic input.

Smygare
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2006

Standard

It's hard to say which band is better. Their music is somewhat different so it's like comparing apples to oranges. I just listen to whatever I'm in the mood for. I'm into Kent long before Mew, but it's nice to listen to Mew for a change when I was wearing myself out to Kent's music. But it is easier to sing along to Kent's songs (even though I'm doing my worst Swedish here).

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

They're two of my favorites, but Kent is better. For one, they've been around longer and have been awesome for much longer... I also like Jocke's voice more. Mew's great, but Kent is the best out there.
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •