Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12
Resultat 16 till 23 av 23

Ämne: Swedish Films

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jimmy k Visa inlägg
    I bought Masjävlar a couple of months ago, really good film. Still haven't seen Ondskan yet, will get round to it soon. My 2 recent buys have been Bang Bang Orangutang (poor) and Fucking Åmal (not bad). Iv'e been trying to get my hands on that dvd for some time now, couldn't get the english version (Show Me Love) anywhere, but now i'm living in Umeå it's a whole lot easier!
    A few of us from my Swedish class get together and watch a swedish film every now and again. Show me love/ Fucking åmål is nowhere to be found in the uk, unless it's in the lucas moodysson boxset (£40), and we've noticed it's only the non-english subtitles version of the dvd for sale in Sweden. It was shown (along with Tilsamans/Together) in a cinema here in Glasgow a year or so ago, but I missed the showing. Those who were at the showings say that show me love is better of those 2 moodysson films, yet Tilsamans is really easy to get on dvd here.

The latest film we saw was 'Se upp för dårarna', which is a nice, sweet film, a bit of a chic-flick, so maybe not one for the guys! I'm enjoying the recommendations in this thread, it's good for ideas for our film nights. The main problem we have is finding films with english subtitles, as not everyone is confident enough to watch with only Swedish text.

While I'm here, do any of you know of 2nd hand dvd retailers in Stockholm? I'll be heading down to the music shops on Skt. Eriksgatan, will I expect to find 2nd hand dvds in the 2nd hand music shops?

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Have you tried finding it on ebay?
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    Have you tried finding it on ebay?
    yeah, the few times I've looked recently there was nothing available. thanks for idea, though!

any recommendations for films & 2nd hand dvd shops from stockholmers could be great.

stjärnor.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2003

Standard

I tried to get Show Me Love on dvd in the UK, no chance! I have an Amazon account and asked them to notify me when it was back in stock, I even reminded them every 6 months, got nothing in 2 years! So I had to buy it here with no English subtitles, which is fine for me now because i'm used to the language now, but if I have friends or family visiting from Scotland, they can only watch the films with subtitles.

Have to admit Together is the better film though. And if you can watch Lilya 4 Ever all the way through without cringing like hell then go for it, it's a great film but depressing as fuck.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2003

Standard

Oh, My flatmate has 'Se upp för Dårarna' and 'Nina Frisk' on dvd, I haven't had time to watch them yet but most folk I have spoken to say they are both good films.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I've read mixed reviews about 'nina frisk' on a few websites. I quite fancied this one too, as I love 'masjävlar', and thought Sofia Helin was good in that. When you get around to watching it Jimmy, let me know your thoughts.

Lilya-4-ever, I just don't think I could watch.

Anyone seen 'populärmusik från vittula'? I've read the book, but last time I was in Stockholm, I couldn't find the dvd. I found it online (god know what shop it was) and it cost a fortune, I'm sure it worked out about £19!

I'm tempted to buy myself a few films with only swedish text, and see what I can understand. When I first saw 'masjävlar' it was only with swedish text, and I was surprised how much I understood. it just limits what we can show at out film nights.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2003

Standard

I read the english version of the book 'populärmusik från vittula' about 5 years ago, it's superb. I have had the dvd for around 3 years now (Got a mate to send it over, it's cheaper) , it's good too, but only available without english subtitles. Iv'e seen it cheap here now, can't remember if it was Coop Forum or Willys, but it was in the "2 dvd's for 200 kronor" section, so pretty cheap. Going to try and watch Nina frisk this weekend so i'll let you know how it goes.

Medlem solstickans avatar
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2007

Standard

Now I have seen Arn! xD Haha!
    And... it was really bad, I thought it would never end. You never got to know any of the characters, and I really didn't like the one playing Cicilia, she ruined the movie quite a lot..
    Also I think they shouldn't have done one movie out of two books, it was so stressed, even though it seemed to go on forever. They changed scenes constantly really, before you knew what was going on. It was quite confusing really, or I was just too tired. :S
    And no, I haven't read the books, so I wouldn't know if making two movies would have been better than compressing them to one, like they did. Because it was two books, right?
    hey i'm bob i want an apple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbwY8ixP8EQ
    de bara gör, biter ihop och håller käften...

Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •