Sidan 2 av 3 FörstaFörsta 123 SistaSista
Resultat 16 till 30 av 40

Ämne: Melodifestivalen

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    (it's something we hear often in the uk media too, english people here sometimes say england when they mean the uk, and it annoys us!)
    Believe me, Dutch people who are not from the part of the Netherlands that is called 'Holland' know what you mean. I'm not from Holland, I'm from another part of the Netherlands, still I've given up on correcting people because I don't want to be nagging all the time lol. "I'm from The Netherlands" usually gets answered with "ahhh, Holland!" and I really can't be bothered saying no and explaining anymore. I've started saying Holland myself, even though my dad would hate me for it lol.

I think the Dutch Eurovision song is ok, quite boring, not bad but not good. And she could do without the indian hat.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av koelkast Visa inlägg
    Believe me, Dutch people who are not from the part of the Netherlands that is called 'Holland' know what you mean. I'm not from Holland, I'm from another part of the Netherlands, still I've given up on correcting people because I don't want to be nagging all the time lol. "I'm from The Netherlands" usually gets answered with "ahhh, Holland!" and I really can't be bothered saying no and explaining anymore. I've started saying Holland myself, even though my dad would hate me for it lol.

I think the Dutch Eurovision song is ok, quite boring, not bad but not good. And she could do without the indian hat.
    THAT must be really annoying! It's one thing to get countries mixed up, but when people start confusing regions for whole countries... but to got totally off topic, Dutch people have the loveliest accents when they speak English! When I see Dutch words written on packaging, I can almost half understand it, because some of it resembles Swedish to me (hud/huid is one that springs to mind, yeah, I read toiletry bottles when I'm in the bath, so what?). Do you find there's similarities in the words (probably not the pronunciation) between Dutch & Swedish? I find similarities too between Scottish words and Swedish ones too, but that's a whole other thread.

Engelbert Humperdink is currently on 6 music right now. Totally not the kind of music that 6music normally play...

Edit- Indian hat? This I'll have to look out for! Ah yes, the Native Indian feather head dress, why????
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-05-17 klockan 11:28.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2011

Standard

Bucks Fizz are a sort of institution (och well ) ... I must admit i do not follow EV (Italy hasn't been part for a large number of years till last year)... But can i just say i so miss The Ark?

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

I hope Hungary's Compact Disco win this year. "Sound Of Our Hearts" just sounds great. However, they have to qualify for the finals first.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Finland just on the semi-finals just now lycka till!

Ireland/ Jedward You think they'd have worked out how to 'dance' in time by now...
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-05-22 klockan 21:20.
    coloursatnight

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2010

Standard

I have hard to take Finnish people seriously when they sings in Swedish.
    Sounds so sweet and funny!

Erfaren medlem namokabs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

Finland just on the semi-finals just now lycka till!

Ireland/ Jedward You think they'd have worked out how to 'dance' in time by now...
    And Ireland qualified for the final as opposed to Finland. Just remembered how annoying the peoples taste can be. WTF!?
    När ni äntligen kan se vem som drar i alla trådar
    Så blir ni aldrig rädda mer
    När ni äntligen kan se kejsaren stå naken
    Så vänder allt igen

Jag går ensam genom mörkret
    /Jo©ke\

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I cringe every time I see Jedward. Really disappointed that Finland didn't get in. Our commentator butchered the pronunciation of her name and the song title- I was yelling at the TV!
    Skisser, you're right, it does sound kinda cute!

And the Russian grannies, cute and sweet, but really? And was it Estonia (?) the woman who screamed for 3 minutes with a ball of wool on her head... but still no finland.

Sweden, you'd better qualify on Thursday, I need to have someone to cheer for when points are allocated, because I'm not fooling myself expecting that the UK will get any!
    coloursatnight

Erfaren medlem namokabs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

I cringe every time I see Jedward. Really disappointed that Finland didn't get in. Our commentator butchered the pronunciation of her name and the song title- I was yelling at the TV!
    Skisser, you're right, it does sound kinda cute!

And the Russian grannies, cute and sweet, but really? And was it Estonia (?) the woman who screamed for 3 minutes with a ball of wool on her head... but still no finland.

Sweden, you'd better qualify on Thursday, I need to have someone to cheer for when points are allocated, because I'm not fooling myself expecting that the UK will get any!
    The finnish swedish was cute but also beautiful like bird song, as opposed to the albanian screemer from Pans Labyrinth.
    När ni äntligen kan se vem som drar i alla trådar
    Så blir ni aldrig rädda mer
    När ni äntligen kan se kejsaren stå naken
    Så vänder allt igen

Jag går ensam genom mörkret
    /Jo©ke\

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thanks Namokab, yes it was Albania, not Estonia. Apologies to any Estonians who I offended!
    coloursatnight

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

Wonder if Azerbaijan can manage to win two years in a row. The song was not bad this time.
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

I'm so happy Sweden won! I have no idea how someone can vote for the Russian grannies (second place) nor the overly serious Serbian song (third place). Incidentally, 16 of the 42 entries were written by Swedish composers.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I'm pleased that Sweden won too! Plenty of cheers here whenever they got 12 points! I liked the grannies, but only in a cute unserious way, would never have voted for them. Thought the Hungary song was quite good, and the German song (co-written by Jamie Cullum) did quite well. Denmarks song was good too, but didn't get many points. What did you guys think of Engelbert Humperdink (aka The Hump)?
    coloursatnight

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

I'm pleased that Sweden won too! Plenty of cheers here whenever they got 12 points! I liked the grannies, but only in a cute unserious way, would never have voted for them. Thought the Hungary song was quite good, and the German song (co-written by Jamie Cullum) did quite well. Denmarks song was good too, but didn't get many points. What did you guys think of Engelbert Humperdink (aka The Hump)?
    I think Humperdink was too good for Eurovision Actually, at first, I thought it was a pre-competition song, because it was serious and well-sung or something.
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

I thought Engelbert put on a good performance. I can only speculate what caused the poor result. Perhaps his aging playboy persona, England's lack of Eurovision allies, people missing the start of the show or just the misconception that the guy opening the show had to be the host country's dictator...

Sidan 2 av 3 FörstaFörsta 123 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •