Sidan 1 av 3 123 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 40

Ämne: How did you find Kent?

Nybörjare ИНА AK-47s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2008

Standard How did you find Kent?

(I'm sure there has probally been a topic similar to this in the past, and I know there is a forum policy policy about digging up mouldy old threads instead of starting new ones - but things might have changed and chances are it hasn't been touched in months...even years! Why not have something new-yet-old to talk about? )

So todays question is : How did you find Kent? Radio? Internet? Did a car stop at a red light, the windows down and the music blaring and for a few moments you nodded your head and said "yeah..." under your breath?

I found Kent, or more, was introduced to it, during a relationship to a jaunty Swedish fellow. I'd moved to Gothenburg from Winnipeg to be with him and was completely culture-shocked. I loved the city and the people but I couldn't speak the language other than a muttered "tack!". My English was handy but I hated using it (people often mistook me for a Russian tourist.) and my French and Russian were completely useless. I tried to immerse myself in the language so I could get a more natural feeling of it and found many witty Swedish comedy shows on the telle but alas, no good swedish music! On a whim one day he played me a burnt CD with the last 4 tracks as Kent, thinking I might enjoy "that sort of thing." Kärleken Väntar, VinterNoll, Max 500 and Ingenting soon became the only thing I listened to and I demanded translations...and of course, more CDs. Eventually I learnt Swedish and began to explore and enjoy the music on my own.

We broke up, but when I was standing in the airport, waiting for my flight back to Canada, his entire kent CD library was stashed secretly in my carry-on...and I was grinning the whole way home.
    Senast redigerat av ИНА AK-47 den 2008-04-08 klockan 19:34.
    "I was going to kill myself but I couldn't find the right CD."

Visst känns det som att [[[kärleken väntar]]]

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

http://forumet.kent.nu/showthread.php?t=1496

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    In 2000, when music non stop was playing on Mtv.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

A friend sent me "If You Were Here" in 2000, but I wasn't into that kind of music then. I became obsessed with Sweden in 2003 because of hockey and then later on I was obsessed with Swedish bands/music. My Swedish friend re-introduced me to Kent in 2005 and I've loved them since.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Standard

whatevs, I'll roll with it. I actually stumbled onto this forum somehow, thought the idea of liking a Swedish band who sings in Swedish would be attractive and it was....woot! Then I joined this forum like 2 years later lol.

Medlem LeoEs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2007

Standard Filesharing

Filesharing, a looong time ago.

Medlem Marishkas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2007

Standard

Thanks to my colleague Marc who first told me about kent and then finally brought me into their music!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    History knows no conjunctive!

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2008

Standard

I honestly don't remember. Om Du Var Här and Musik Non Stop were quite big hits in Finland (at least I think they were), so I must have heard them both on radio.

Erfaren medlem Kentinas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2005

Standard

I was at an ice hockey match here in Vaasa, Finland (spring 2005) and heard the song Max 500 there! Funny.
    I thought: "Hey, this has to be Kent, sounds great, some new song maybe..." (I had heard some songs before, from Vapen & Ammunition that I liked), then I went to a CD-store and bought Du & jag döden, my first Kent-CD. And then after I bought all Kent albums! (: Now I'm here, I love Kent, and listen to Kent all the time.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Kentina Visa inlägg
    Now I'm here, I love Kent, and listen to Kent all the time.
    2008-04-09, 09:35 #8
    Kentina
    Erfaren medlem

And you hang out on the forum and post a lot of messages .
    Senast redigerat av m@rco den 2008-04-09 klockan 13:44.
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Reg.datum
    Oct 2005

Standard

2008-04-09, 09:35 #8
    Kentina
    Erfaren medlem

And you hang out on the forum and post a lot of messages .
    Hah, yeah, I have been very active here since October 2005.

Standard

Radio and that my sister bought all the records and played them all day long. And when she got tired ("i hate kent") I found out I was dependent
    Fuck, fuck, fuckety fuck. Bugger, fuck... ...and tits!

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Hah, yeah, I have been very active here since October 2005.
    Yeah, you posted regurarly in the Enghlish section at the old forum . Why don't you do that anymore. And what happened to your Finnish friends, they are inactive.

Oh, and please revive your Oh vidueor ekjd llksf topic , I mean, the I hate CC skiing topic . (My Finnish really sucks).

Reg.datum
    Oct 2005

Standard

Yeah, you posted regurarly in the Enghlish section at the old forum . Why don't you do that anymore. And what happened to your Finnish friends, they are inactive.

Oh, and please revive your Oh vidueor ekjd llksf topic , I mean, the I hate CC skiing topic . (My Finnish really sucks).
    Oh sorry about that. I see that you have missed me alot so I promise to be more active then here in the English section. *hug*
    I don't know what happened to the other Finnish Kentfans, I think that the new forum has something to do with that and we have an own Kentforum in Finnish. But I like kent.nu, this new forum looks and works better than the old one.

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2008

Standard

I hated Kent, but my friend showed me some songs and I like.. 'WOW, this is some really good shit'.. Then I just went crazy about them
    The next step for mankind will be the last season in sin

http://epidemisk.bilddagboken.se

080628 <3

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Oh sorry about that. I see that you have missed me alot so I promise to be more active then here in the English section. *hug*

That would be nice indeed.

Sidan 1 av 3 123 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •