Resultat 1 till 3 av 3

Ämne: Velvet - What does it mean?

Smygare Geckats avatar
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2008

Standard Velvet - What does it mean?

Heheheh, I started typing this thread in my trademark broken Swedish. This is an English board; I don't have to do that! Yay!

Alright. I've been wondering this for a while, and I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread made on it yet. A lot of Kent songs are quite ambiguous in meaning, but Velvet has me scratching my head a bit. The first lines of the verses point to drug use, and most of the rest of the song seems to at least potentially support that theory, but the last two lines of the chorus..."And with our smiles/We outshine the sun" just doesn't seem to fit for me, and instead hints at a relationship being "taken slow".

I dunno. What do you guys think?
    I live in Canada, and have only been learning Swedish for a few months, so although my language isn't the best, I'd appreciate it if someone were to point out any mistakes I might (and will >.< ) make. Tack!

Nybörjare DrMartens28s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2009

Standard

I don't know if this will help you a lot but all I know is that velvet is a fabric (sammet in swedish) .

Mitt leende som sköld
    mot tårarna som föll

Erfaren medlem Fast Forwards avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

The thread is two years old, and I think he's refering to the context of the lyrics, not what the title actually translates to in Swedish.

Besides, shouldn't this one be under the English section of the forums?
    Du log genom fräknarna
    med tårar i ögonen
    Allt fanns i ögonen
    Allt finns i ögonen

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •