Sidan 3 av 5 FörstaFörsta 12345 SistaSista
Resultat 31 till 45 av 69

Ämne: Contest: Win a trip to Kent's release party in New York

Erfaren medlem kallt kaffe med sockers avatar
    Reg.datum
    May 2002

Standard

Do you want to know what that means, or what did you mean?

For those foreigners (and swedish people who still doesn't know) Kent will play live at the releaseparty in N.Y. on November 6, and the show will be broadcasted live at swedish webb-tv (streamed live on the Internet) at www.aftonbladet.se Great news for those who does not win the contest!
    Och jag lämnar inga fotspår ens i sand...

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av kallt kaffe med socker Visa inlägg

For those foreigners (and swedish people who still doesn't know) Kent will play live at the releaseparty in N.Y. on November 6, and the show will be broadcasted live at swedish webb-tv (streamed live on the Internet) at www.aftonbladet.se Great news for those who does not win the contest!
    I was just posting the link to the message that we could see the show broadcasted live.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av kallt kaffe med socker Visa inlägg

Oh sweeeet! I will try to remember that date!
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

What if someone living in New York wins? Does s/he have to fly to Stockholm first?

Erfaren medlem Sockeeers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2007

Standard

Är det här en engelsk tråd?
    alltså, bara undrar... så att man inte kommer o snackar svenska... eller..alltså.. ÄSCH.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Sockeeer Visa inlägg
    alltså, bara undrar... så att man inte kommer o snackar svenska... eller..alltså.. ÄSCH.
    Other than the title it is an English language thread. However, there's no reason not to post in Swedish.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2003

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Sockeeer Visa inlägg
    Haha, rolig jävel

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Other than the title it is an English language thread. However, there's no reason not to post in Swedish.
    I've changed the title now.
    Låt dom komma nu

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    I've changed the title now.
    But I still haven't got an answer to my question !

What does it mean (that kent are having a releaseparty outside Sweden) ?

They have stated many times that they wouldn't play outside Scandinavia and now the release party for Röd is in New York ?

What way are we going to interpret this news ? Are they going to play more gigs outside Scandinavia or is it just one time ?
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem kevlarheads avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

That's what I wonder, too. They made it really look so out-of-question to tour or even release something outside Scandinavia again. Now all of a sudden they announce a concert in NYC? - Having the release party / concert there and not releasing the album in the US would seem strange, to say least.

And what about Berlin, then? Do they honestly think they can get away without playing live after having spent a nice time here recording?

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

So I'll add this post to further fuel the speculation.

From the thread: What would you ask Jocke if you met him?
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av sandcat Visa inlägg
    Now you have a chance without worrying about blushing, swooning or appearing like a tongue-tied teenager, as the "Ask Kent" online feature is back while they're in the studio... and I noticed one person had asked whether the new album will be in Swedish, and they replied "Svengelska" ... what could that mean? Discuss!

Are they really going to ???

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    But I still haven't got an answer to my question !

What does it mean (that kent are having a releaseparty outside Sweden) ?

They have stated many times that they wouldn't play outside Scandinavia and now the release party for Röd is in New York ?

What way are we going to interpret this news ? Are they going to play more gigs outside Scandinavia or is it just one time ?

Their last release party was also outside Sweden - it was in Copenhagen. I wouldn't read that much into it, I just think that they love New York...

Erfaren medlem kallt kaffe med sockers avatar
    Reg.datum
    May 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Chris Visa inlägg
    Their last release party was also outside Sweden - it was in Copenhagen. I wouldn't read that much into it, I just think that they love New York...
    But the place do seem to have a special connection to kent.

http://forumet.kent.nu/showpost.php?...1&postcount=36

In that post someone writes that he somewhere else read that kent picked the hotel, to host the realeaseparty, with great care. This because Jocke wrote one of the first songs fot the "Röd" album in that place. Or at least "Ett öde värre än döden" (he who wrote the post) thinks that it meant "Röd" and not a song for "Tillbaka till samtiden". However kent (or at least parts of the band) seems to have been there before, writing songs.

Edit: But yeah, I bet they love N.Y. Who doesn't?! I mean, who wouldn't want to have their own releaseparty there, if possible?!
    Senast redigerat av kallt kaffe med socker den 2009-10-19 klockan 11:53.
    Och jag lämnar inga fotspår ens i sand...

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Chris Visa inlägg
    the important difference is that Copenhagen lies in the area kent are considering home ground, i.e. Scandinavia, and New York lies in an area kent have stated not going to as far as performing live.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I thought it was just because they loved new york (TTS was recorded somewhere outside NY, if I recall- correct me if I'm wrong!).

but yeah, it seemed an odd idea when I first read it. 2 kent fans, some friends and family of the band and some people from the record company, etc. A few years ago, I won tickets to a release party for a Scottish band's first album. And, apart from a few local dj's and other music folk/family, the crowd seemed to be mostly fans- judging by the queue for autographs.

Chris (or anyone else)- was there anything similar when TTS was released, regarding competitons for the release party? I don't remember seeing anything, but maybe it was restricted to scaninavian fans.

Sidan 3 av 5 FörstaFörsta 12345 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •