Sidan 2 av 4 FörstaFörsta 1234 SistaSista
Resultat 16 till 30 av 46

Ämne: kent in America

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    After reading the homepage I get the feeling that this is what Kent always ever wanted. Here we are begging for European shows while Jocke always only dreamed of making it in the US.

Don't be sad, the best Swedish group ever only had two number ones in the States...
    I don't know if that was what they always wanted, but I'm sure it would have been nice to be known in the US. They're doing pretty well in Sweden alone... they should be proud of their accomplishments. It'd be nice to see them tour here though. I would cry like no other.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Standard

I don't think that jocke always dreams of the us market, or there will be a English rod and tts, dojd or vna. But maybe one thing that can be confirmed is that they seem to love ny city a lot...

And again, just like above posts mentioned, right now the timing is better for them than before, if they would love to have a try...

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av firth Visa inlägg
    I don't think that jocke always dreams of the us market, or there will be a English rod and tts, dojd or vna.
    That's not necessarily true considering how much time and money goes into making an album. Even if they had always wanted to make it in the US, not knowing if their next English albums would take off would be a huge risk. They already knew they would make it in Sweden and Europe.

Also, there is a V&A in English. I wish they'd release it!

Standard

i think it's a good thing that they stopped releasing albums in english. i tried so many times to get into Isola, the english version, but kent songs sung in english just don't sound right. for example, i really love the song 'Innan Allting Tar Slut' on isola. but when i hear this song in english, i can't even get past the part when jocke says, "are you happy now" or something like that. *cringe*

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Hagnesta Hill in English is a beautiful album. I love Isola in English, too but not as much as HH.

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2009

Standard

But what time in Sweden can you hear this radioshow? Geography isn´t my thing...

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av firth Visa inlägg
    I don't think that jocke always dreams of the us market, or there will be a English rod and tts, dojd or vna. But maybe one thing that can be confirmed is that they seem to love ny city a lot...
    I agree. It might seem weird to have the release party in the U.S. and to participate in an American radio show if they're not aiming for the American market, but as Jocke said in an interview, the release party was just a fun thing to do. I think the same thing can be said about the radio show.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    Also, there is a V&A in English. I wish they'd release it!
    Actually, there is no V&A in English. They did a couple of demo songs in English, but making the whole album in English was really never an option, according to Jocke.

I've now updated this question in Kent FAQ:

Q: Why does it say "Guns & Ammunition" on the tape in the car in the video to Dom andra?*
    A:
    Jocke Berg has given this explanation (this is a translated version of the post):

To make an English version of V&A was never an option.
    Not after we had begun to rehearse the songs before the recordings.
    We did no English versions what so ever of songs from V&A.
    There were a couple of demo songs in "English", but my first versions of the lyrics are usually a sort of play with words and then I prefer to use fake English.
    The vocal sounds, you know.
    The fact that it says Guns & Ammo on the tape in the video is Adam's play with the gun magazine with the same name.
    Not an indication at all that the album was or was meant to be in an international version.

Senast redigerat av utomjording den 2009-11-15 klockan 12:53.
    Låt dom komma nu

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    Actually, there is no V&A in English. They did a couple of demo songs in English, but making the whole album in English was really never an option, according to Jocke.

I've now updated this question in Kent FAQ:

Q: Why does it say "Guns & Ammunition" on the tape in the car in the video to Dom andra?*
    A:
    Jocke Berg has given this explanation (this is a translated version of the post):

To make an English version of V&A was never an option.
    Not after we had begun to rehearse the songs before the recordings.
    We did no English versions what so ever of songs from V&A.
    There were a couple of demo songs in "English", but my first versions of the lyrics are usually a sort of play with words and then I prefer to use fake English.
    The vocal sounds, you know.
    The fact that it says Guns & Ammo on the tape in the video is Adam's play with the gun magazine with the same name.
    Not an indication at all that the album was or was meant to be in an international version.

Thanks for clarifying. It's been a rumor going on for so long. Still want a English version though.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Did anyone manage to listen to the show? I'm looking on the sirius page, and there doesn't seem to be a 'listen again' function, it only says that it will be rebroadcast on Wednesday at 8:00 pm ET.

from an article i found online (entertainment weekly)

......Their growing affection for indie electro-pop is clear from their DJ set list, which balances the likes of MGMT, Friendly Fires, Phoenix and the Faint with the abrasive electro noise of MSTRKRFT and French future-glitch of Parisian Busy P.

Kent’s interview/in-studio performance/DJ guest set will air on Sunday, November 15.....
    you can read the full article here

and here is the full playlist they picked, from NY Post

1. Busy P - "Rainbow Man"

2. White Lies - "Death"

3. Aphex Twin - "Tha"

4. Editors - "Papillon" (Tiesto remix - long version)

5. The Big Pink - "Velvet"

6. MGMT - "Electric Feel" (Justice remix)

7. Maccabees - "Love You Better"

8. Friendly Fires - "Kiss of Life"

9. The Faint - "The Geeks Were Right” ( Boys Noize vs. D.I.M Remix)

10. The Killers - "Spaceman"

11. Massive Attack - "Teardrop"

12. Phoenix - "1901"

13. MSTRKRFT ft. John Legend - "Heartbreaker”

14. Spiritualized - "Run"

I'm interested to see Editors- Papillion in there. I don't normally like the Editors stuff, but when I heard Papillion a month or so ago I liked it because it reminded me of TTS!
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2009-11-16 klockan 09:26.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Did anyone manage to listen to the show? I'm looking on the sirius page, and there doesn't seem to be a 'listen again' function, it only says that it will be rebroadcast on Wednesday at 8:00 pm ET.
    I don't think you can listen online unless you're a subscriber. And even if you're a subscriber I am not sure if you can even do that. :/

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

hey

came across the blog for the photographer, Pontus Löök who took the publicity shots from the Bowery gig- here's a photo he's posted on his site:

The photographer wrote (translated from Swedish):
    It was over in a second. Not the photoshoot, but Jockim Berg's smile. It swept past then just as quickly disappeared. Perhaps for ever.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2009-11-17 klockan 14:01.

Medlem kevlarheads avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    It swept past then just as quickly disappeared. Perhaps for ever.
    Oh, that's mean!

Btw, they picked an awesome photographer, I just checked out the other photos from his blog.

Standard

Anyone who has a credit card be able to subscribe to the free 30 day trial of the Sirius broadcast tonight and then upload it on here? Or has it been uploaded already? Can't find it anywhere.
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Medlem Kentlivetraders avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

For some strange reason, everytime I see Marcus's face in this angle I think of Douglas McCarthy from Nitzer Ebb...

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Kentlivetrader Visa inlägg
    For some strange reason, everytime I see Marcus's face in this angle I think of Douglas McCarthy from Nitzer Ebb...
    Good observation!
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Sidan 2 av 4 FörstaFörsta 1234 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •