Sidan 1 av 4 1234 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 46

Ämne: kent in America

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard kent in America

Hi,

Again, kent in America, this time in a radioshow. Good news for the band.

"LEGENDARY SWEDISH ALTERNATIVE ROCK BAND kENT TO BE SHOWCASED ON SIRIUS XM’S NORDIC ROX SHOW"

Very good to see the lowercase k in their name in a header full of capitals. Don't see that often.

edit: just noticed that kentforumet is with a capital K
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Erfaren medlem svantees avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2006

Standard

This is fantastic news.
    Hopefully will more americans understand the greatness of kent's music!

I know, they're going to play their favourite songs, but of course they will be curious of kent's own music.
    I swear by my Life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Same in hitlistan.

http://www.hitlistan.se/
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

gratis to kent!

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Are they actually playing Kent's music or just playing the music from bands that influenced them?
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Standard

Gratis kent!!! it's a shame they wont do touring out of scandinavian contries cos right now it's the time, a way much better timing for they really.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Magnus 93 Visa inlägg
    They = USA radio? Yes, they are going to play original Kent's songs, as I understood every week.
    Yes They = Sirius XM. Oh, okay. I read they were going to play music that kent considered influential, but I guess I misread!

This is where I got it from:
    The special will also feature the band members playing and talking about some of their favorite music during their guest DJ session. Listeners will be treated to a rare glimpse of the music and artists that inspired the Swedish Grammy-Award winning band as they created their newest album.
    Senast redigerat av luckyguerin13 den 2009-11-13 klockan 15:33.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

maybe it'll be a mix of both kent songs, and the songs kent love. it's a 2 hour, I think!

Standard

Lol I doubt a tonne of people listen to this show, those who do probaby already are into Nordic music and know kent. But nice to see that they did something. If they were serious about making a push in the US though, they'd release an album containing an English version of the best songs from Vapen to Rod or the ones that translate well
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Medlem sakermansers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    Yes They = Sirius XM. Oh, okay. I read they were going to play music that kent considered influential, but I guess I misread!

This is where I got it from:
    The special will also feature the band members playing and talking about some of their favorite music during their guest DJ session. Listeners will be treated to a rare glimpse of the music and artists that inspired the Swedish Grammy-Award winning band as they created their newest album.
    I got this same impression as well. I thought they were only going to play non-Kent tracks. It's strange to be featuring them in America when they haven't released anything there in over a decade. :S

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

The whole story is here :

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwra...3HxhcOcdfNsuML

Just have to figure out what time it'll be overhere when the show is on, and where to find it.

Standard

Btw, for such a popular band, kent do very few radiosessions even in Sweden. I'm sure the problem isn't a lack of radio stations, but usually a band stops by at least a few when they have an album come out.

(and the fans get bootleg acoustics
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

So it is both their music and those from bands that influenced them?!

Hey, this could be the beginning of them easing back into America's music scene?

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    So it is both their music and those from bands that influenced them?!

Hey, this could be the beginning of them easing back into America's music scene?
    After reading the homepage I get the feeling that this is what Kent always ever wanted. Here we are begging for European shows while Jocke always only dreamed of making it in the US.

Don't be sad, the best Swedish group ever only had two number ones in the States...

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    After reading the homepage I get the feeling that this is what Kent always ever wanted. Here we are begging for European shows while Jocke always only dreamed of making it in the US.
    Well they won't do it by releasing Swedish only albums, I'm afraid. I always thought it was a mistake not to do an English version of the last few albums too; more work for Jocke (though hey, doesn't he love a challenge?) but at least it was out there for when the timing was better, like now, and there were always enough people who would buy it to cover costs. And maybe they should have tried harder with the UK market, more suitable for their sound and then easier to break the US as they do take more notice of the UK than Sweden when it comes to music.

Sidan 1 av 4 1234 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •