Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 22

Ämne: The little bits we love...

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Talking The little bits we love...

Inspired by a similar thread on the Swedish part of the forum, this is a place where you can mention a particular bit in a kent song that you love, be it a line in the song, the way Jocke sings a particular word, a guitar part, the drums, an intro/outro, you get the idea...

I'll start-

The third line in Taxmannen "Man jagar mig som om det gällde pengar"
    I love the way Jocke sings 'pengar' peng-aaaaaarrr
    Now, I'm a Scot, and I'm meant to be able to roll my r's, but I cannot say the end of 'pengar' the way he does!

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

I like this line, for the same reason.

"Älskling det är livet som leker"

The way Jocke sings lekerrrrrrrrr
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Glasögonormen reflekterar ljus, skjutsar dig hem, villkorslöst

A lot of rrrr's
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    Glasögonormen reflekterar ljus, skjutsar dig hem, villkorslöst

A lot of rrrr's
    that must be a nightmare for anyone with a lisp!

a little quirk of Swedish is that if there is a 'r' and and 's' together, they will be pronounced as 'rsh'. an example is in Taxmannen:
    "En obetalbar skuld som växt sig stor, större, störst"

this should also happen even if the 'r' is at the end of one word, and the 's' is at the start of another word (and I when I find a kent example, I'll post it in here! )

EDIT- found one! 2nd line in Vals för Satan: 'Röda maj, värmen erövrar stan' listen to the way 'stan' is pronounced, it's almost 'shtan'

another lyric I love is from Vy från ett luftslot:
    "mot den svarta rymden ovanför molnen" ovanför mooooooolnen ooooh!
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2009-11-17 klockan 14:19.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Inspired by a similar thread on the Swedish part of the forum, this is a place where you can mention a particular bit in a kent song that you love, be it a line in the song, the way Jocke sings a particular word, a guitar part, the drums, an intro/outro, you get the idea...

I'll start-

The third line in Taxmannen "Man jagar mig som om det gällde pengar"
    I love the way Jocke sings 'pengar' peng-aaaaaarrr
    Now, I'm a Scot, and I'm meant to be able to roll my r's, but I cannot say the end of 'pengar' the way he does!

Oh lord. This is a long list for me. I will have to come back to this.

I wish I could roll my r's too. So annoying. I love that sound!
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Standard

the rolling rrrrr sound always frustrates me when trying to pronouncing it, but Jocke does makes it sounds so good and sexy... and my little bit favorite part is that high note line in Sjukhus: Så vänder allt igen, Allt vänder om igen~~

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av firth Visa inlägg
    the rolling rrrrr sound always frustrates me when trying to pronouncing it, but Jocke does makes it sounds so good and sexy...
    I can do the rrrrrs but just can't do the sound that seems to come from the back of the throat like when he sings "skjuta" in Ingenting: "och under belägring kan jag skjuta dig ut".

Actually a lot of my fave Kent bits are various guitar bits of Sami's

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

My friend, who is also a Kent fan and Swedish, said that Jocke over-emphasizes on the rolling r's. What do you guys think?

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    My friend, who is also a Kent fan and Swedish, said that Jocke over-emphasizes on the rolling r's. What do you guys think?
    Where is Sweden does your friend come from? This maybe a regional accent thing....unless Jocke wants to come in and clear this one up for us?

back on topic...

Taxmannen (again!)
    There's a 'sound' (and I write sound, because I can't be sure if it's a distorted guitar, or a keyboard, Jocke???), at the start that goes 'ba ba ba' in a loop, when the song gets to the verse that begins 'Min medicin/ En sol går upp...', the 'ba ba ba' bit rhythm comes in again but has changed to a backing vocal 'upp upp upp' it's such a lovely little touch, so subtle.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sandcat Visa inlägg
    I can do the rrrrrs but just can't do the sound that seems to come from the back of the throat like when he sings "skjuta" in Ingenting: "och under belägring kan jag skjuta dig ut".
    ahhh, since I'm Scottish, the 'skj' sound is natural to me, it's very similar to the ch in 'loch', which is a soft ch and not 'ck'. it goes a bit like lo-hhhhh try saying the 'h' in hat or house without the rest of the 'at' or 'ouse'. then you're nearly at the 'ch'.

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sandcat Visa inlägg
    Where is Sweden does your friend come from? This maybe a regional accent thing....unless Jocke wants to come in and clear this one up for us?
    I never heard about the r being more emphasized in any Swedish dialect, only in the south they don't roll it at all.

By the way I think it's strange that he pronounces the first sounds in 'chans' and 'skjuta' differently - for me they are the same but I don't think that this is a regional thing either, maybe just his choice.
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Oktjabrj Visa inlägg
    I never heard about the r being more emphasized in any Swedish dialect, only in the south they don't roll it at all.

By the way I think it's strange that he pronounces the first sounds in 'chans' and 'skjuta' differently - for me they are the same but I don't think that this is a regional thing either, maybe just his choice.
    That was what I was thinking, that Luckyguerins' friend might be from somewhere where they don't rolls their r's.

And chans- I've heard as 'shans' and 'skjans'. Is there a right or wrong way? (we had endless 'kex' and 'shex' debates in swedish class!)

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Mariestad, but not sure if he's originally from there.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Oktjabrj Visa inlägg
    That's interesting...

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

And chans- I've heard as 'shans' and 'skjans'. Is there a right or wrong way? (we had endless 'kex' and 'shex' debates in swedish class!)
    Haha, a good reason for staying in Stockholm ;-) 'kex' comes from English 'cakes', so most Swedes pronounce it differently from the rule, which says 'shex'! The difference kex/shex is clearly regional, and around Göteborg it's pronounced shex.

By the same reasoning, maybe I should change to "shans" pronounciation (French way) :P but there is no rule.
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Magnus 93 Visa inlägg
    And another interesting thing, you pronounce "-tion" like [xun], don't you?
    I thought it was more like 'hoon', as in 'station' sta-hoon.

Oktjabrj, you can be our resident Swede who answers 'swedish pronounciation questions!

Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •