Sidan 1 av 3 123 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 39

Ämne: Kent Files on Sirius

Smygare legojenns avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2011

Standard Kent Files on Sirius

Um hi, new poster...:

I have heard adverts on Sirius' the Spectrum channel for a show called Kent Files with Joakim Berg and I think Martin Sköld. Is this true? Has anyone heard the show? It has got to be better than Nordic Rox. I found out about Kent on the Spectrum via the Nordic Rox show for which I'm glad., but when I hear Per Gesele or Roxette, I end up changing the channel....

---

Hmm....sorry...My Swedish comprehension isn't the best, but I guess I should have done some poking around before questioning.... http://forumet.kent.nu/showthread.php?t=8666
    Senast redigerat av utomjording den 2011-01-14 klockan 15:25.

Erfaren medlem kallt kaffe med sockers avatar
    Reg.datum
    May 2002

Standard Kent Files on Sirius

Citat Ursprungligen postat av firth Visa inlägg
    Also, I got to hear from friends that Jocke & Martin seem to own a monthly radio show in the US?
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesblade...icle8377376.ab
    At first I thought it might be rerun of their special interview and DJ set they did when they were in NY for Röd release party. But it seems it is a brand new show? and according to aftonbladet, the premiere was just aired last night?

Anyone had clue about this radio show and can share the recording with us?? Thanks!
    Yeah, a brand new show once a month.

Here's a thread regarding last time, when Joakim and Martin hoasted the show Nordic Rox at Sirius back in November 2009. A member at Kentforumet also put up that entire show as an mp3, but that link won't work anymore. My guess is that the file haven't been downloaded for 30 days or the link expired. Great program though. Maybe someone will have the opportunity to do the same thing now? If it's allowed to publish a link for the mp3-file here, that is, like the last time.

The thread about Nordic Rox at Sirius in November 2009: http://forumet.kent.nu/showthread.php?t=6837

Joakim Berg wrote a little more about this in a post today. He explained that they haven't been offered to do shows for swedish radio, but now an offer came from Sirius. They already did one show at Sirius (Nordic Rox) which gave them some good reactions and appreciation in the USA. These shows on Sirius will be about Jocke and Martin playing songs (like a DJ set) they like at the moment and then talk a little about it.

Jockes post: http://forumet.kent.nu/showpost.php?...1&postcount=18
    Och jag lämnar inga fotspår ens i sand...

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av kallt kaffe med socker Visa inlägg
    Yeah, a brand new show once a month.

Here's a thread regarding last time, when Joakim and Martin hoasted the show Nordic Rox at Sirius back in November 2009. A member at Kentforumet also put up that entire show as an mp3, but that link won't work anymore. My guess is that the file haven't been downloaded for 30 days or the link expired. Great program though. Maybe someone will have the opportunity to do the same thing now? If it's allowed to publish a link for the mp3-file here, that is, like the last time.

The thread about Nordic Rox at Sirius in November 2009: http://forumet.kent.nu/showthread.php?t=6837

Joakim Berg wrote a little more about this in a post today. He explained that they haven't been offered to do shows for swedish radio, but now an offer came from Sirius. They already did one show at Sirius (Nordic Rox) which gave them some good reactions and appreciation in the USA. These shows on Sirius will be about Jocke and Martin playing songs (like a DJ set) they like at the moment and then talk a little about it.

Jockes post: http://forumet.kent.nu/showpost.php?...1&postcount=18
    Thank you! Yeah I got to hear their Nordic Rox interview+DJ Set last time some one shared here. If anyone miss it and wanna hear it again I can upload the mp3.

And it's really great to hear they are now having a regular radio show in the US! I really hope that nice fan or anyone that can share the recording with us. It would be cool to hear them speak in English again.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Hi Firth

It would be great if you could upload the mp3 somewhere, I missed it last time around.
    (and I now have a faster broadband connection too!)

thanks!
    stjärnor
    coloursatnight

Standard

Ah thanks stjärnor! So they really had a great time last summer!

And the mp3 download link:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CSY13KO7
    Enjoy!

Jocke & Martin did have fun during the whole show, no wonder they will say yes to the invitation and being a dj again. :P

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thank you- you are a star! It's downloading as I type.
    I will listen and let you know what I think! (I already know one of the songs is 'Editors- Papillion' which I love!)

It would be great if someone could link us to the new programmes, if they have the link

EDIT- I've dug out this old post which has the playlist for the show that firth has kindly uploaded.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2011-01-10 klockan 20:23.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Hi legojenn

You heard correct- kent (jocke & martin) will be doing a monthly show on sirius. The first show was broadcast a couple of days ago (according to the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet)

Hopefully someone will have recorded it and will upload a link for others to download.

If you go to the news translations thread and the band members posts thread, you can read more there!

and welcome to the forum!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Firth, thanks again for the upload, I really enjoyed listening to it last night. I liked a couple of the songs that I hadn't heard before, so I'll go and check those out too.

It was lovely to hear Jocke & Martin chatting (in English for a change) informally and away from the media image of 'serious' kent. I could have listened to them chatting & laughing all night. I wish this new show was available outside the US.

ps- was it just me, or was the host overdoing the pronouciation of the swedish words?
    coloursatnight

Medlem frippe99s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2004

Standard

"Kentlist" airs 11PM ET the first thursday of each month on Spectrum.

This is the "Kentlist" playlist from january 6:

Golden Boy w/Miss Kittin - Rippin Kittin
    Toro Y Moi – Minors
    Suckers - A Mind I Knew
    Bruce Springsteen - State Trooper (Trentemöller remix)
    White Hinterland – Icarus
    Washed Out - New Theory
    National - Afraid Of Everyone
    Johnny Cash - I Heard That Lonesome Whistle Blow (Apparat remix)
    Paul Kalkbrenner – Azure
    Cure - Lovesong (Diplo Remix)
    Black Keys - Tighten Up

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

thanks frippe!

(and just to translate what you wrote on the Swedish thread about this- this 'kentlist' is not part of Nordic Rox, but a separate programme)
    coloursatnight

Standard

Well it sounds to me the host did overdo the pronounciation as well! He did overdo pronouncing the word "Röd" Maybe it's also cos he got a deep voice? But I love how he and Martin talk, very "DJ-ish"

I enjoy listening to kent's chatting and laughing too. It sounds like they are not feeling stressed or nervous but enjoy the whole time doing the DJ-set. Hope someone can share the recording of the new show later!

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

I moved some posts about the radio show from Translations of the news on kent.nu to this topic. Posts are always inserted in their chronological position, so it might look a bit weird, but I hope it's ok. For further discussions on the radio show, use this topic.
    Låt dom komma nu

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

While I'm here, a few thoughts that have been lingering since listening to the November 2009 show a couple of weeks ago....

The dj plays a couple of songs by kent at the start of the show- taxmannen and krossa allt. He translates the title of Taxmannen as 'The dachshund man', whilst I've always though of it as 'the tax man'...now I've thought this because- it is a spin of the Beatles song title 'taxman' and in the lyrics, the line "jag står i skul/En obetalt skuld som växte...' (I stand in debt/ An unpaid debt which grows...), and surely most people would associate the tax man with debt...?
    Although in the song I had taken the meaning of debt as friendship, The person in the song (not always Jocke!), is in debt to someone for something they have done for them.

But then there's also the line 'Som en hund/jag svek dig igen' (like a dog I betrayed you again), and this got me wondering with the daschund bit. and tax in swedish means dachshund.

Ok, so what's your thoughts on this? Would any Swedes care to correct my Swedish, and it really is about dachshunds? Or, is it a double meaning song? Or was the dj wrong? Seriously, I feel so stupid asking this!

Ok, onto the music. I love the song they played '1901' by Phoenix. And before they play 'Tha' by Aphex Twin, they talk about the melodies quietly playing in the background of Aphex Twin's songs, with the beat being at the front of the music. I can hear hear something similar at the start of 'Vals för Satan' too. I can really 'hear' the influence there.

Has no one managed to source the January 2011 show?

Apologies for blething on a bit, I should have posted this weeks ago!
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2011-01-28 klockan 13:13. Anledning: spelling
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Ok, so what's your thoughts on this? Would any Swedes care to correct my Swedish, and it really is about daschunds? Or, is it a double meaning song? Or was the dj wrong? Seriously, I feel so stupid asking this!
    (no swede sorry, so if any swede wants to correct me please do)

I think you've basically summed up all there is to that title.

The Swedish word 'taxmannen' would never translate to 'the taxman', it just means 'the dachshund man'. 'Skattmannen' would mean 'the taxman'.

To say the song is about dachshunds goes way too far, I see the title more as a pun. Of course I can't know if the Kent guys meant to make a pun there, but it would surprise me extremely much if they hadn't and did not have the Beatles song in their minds when they chose the name. They just played with the word 'taxman' which means different things in english and swedish and both those meanings come back in the song.

I can imagine that every Swede had thoughts about dachshunds when the beatles released that song, haha.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thanks koelkast! When the dj said "...and that means dachshund man in english...", I thought 'huh?', but I did take the title as a play on words (english/beatles) originally, anyway.

And I actually saw a little dachshund this morning, I think someone's trying to tell me something!
    coloursatnight

Sidan 1 av 3 123 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •