Sidan 1 av 4 1234 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 54

Ämne: Greetings!

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2011

Standard Greetings!

Hello from Arkansas. Long time Kent fan and long time lurker here on the board. Thought I'd finally register after all this time. Special thanks to those who do the translations, it is very much appreciated.

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Welcome! Maybe this can be a topic for everyone who wants to introduce themselves to other members of the English forum.
    Låt dom komma nu

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2011

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    Welcome! Maybe this can be a topic for everyone who wants to introduce themselves to other members of the English forum.

I do not see many introductory post in this forum but I thought, what the heck.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Hi Craffrey, greetings too!

I'll join utomjording in welcoming you to the forum! Always good to have another kent fan here. Things are pretty quiet at the moment, but when kent release their next album, there will be more folk posting.

I'll do a short intro for me (good idea utomjording- can we make this a sticky, perhaps?)

I'm from Glasgow, Scotland. Discovered kent through listening to online Swedish radio around du & jag döden time. Have seen them live once, July 2010 at Långholmen, Stockholm. Loved every minute! Fave kent album: Röd.
    coloursatnight

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I'll do a short intro for me (good idea utomjording- can we make this a sticky, perhaps?)
    I was just to suggest it myself!

I'm a Norwegian student in Sweden, but studied in Czech republic when I joined the forum. Became a kentfan because my sister allways played kent albums at home..
    Fuck, fuck, fuckety fuck. Bugger, fuck... ...and tits!

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Caffrey Visa inlägg
    I do not see many introductory post in this forum but I thought, what the heck.
    There was a thread in the old forum, never too late to start a new one.

Welcome to the forum Caffrey
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2011

Standard

Thanks very much for the warm welcome. Unlike some of you, I was a little late in discovering Kent. By pure chance I heard "Sundance Kid" online and from there I was hooked. At first I was like, wow I am glad to have found this band and I am feel exactly the same to this day. Promptly I bought everything that had been released to that point and continue to do so.
    It would be absolutely unreal to catch Kent in concert. But I doubt that we'd see them touring in the music mecca known as Arkansas.

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2010

Standard

Hi everyone,

Lurker here as well...hi from Milwaukee! I got into Kent when my friend from Finland told me how much I'd love them before Isola came out. I've seen them live 3 times, the most recent gig being the Röd release party. I'm currently in total withdrawal Love from the States!

Shana

Standard

I forgot if I've posted at introduction thread during the old forum time...

Anyways I'm from Taiwan! Discovered kent in 2004 thru a suede fan and he happened to be Swedish. My first kent song is Stop me June. I wrote those obi strip intros for their album release in Taiwan and saw them live in 2005 and 2010. Those shows are unforgettable for me! Oh and Sami's birthday just passed and it reminds me of that 5/28 show in sthlm in 2005. Somehow it made me miss their guitar sound period, but I still love the electro sound though. Vals För Satan is epic.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

Semi-lurker from an obscure Eastern European country, not that far away from Sweden.

Just wanted to congratulate "stjärnor" on his/her choice for favorite album. Röd is stern and merciless. Far gone, paranoid and out to prove itself the greatest music ever recorded. My favorite too. It's like they were shooting for the absolute greatest, most massive kent kent can be, and I tend to admire such things.

Also, ever notice how that girl on the cover appears to look down on you for not listening to röd - right now. She seems to say: "YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO RÖD".

Stern and merciless.

You should listen to more Röd.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2003

Standard

Welcome along newbies

I had completely forgotten about the old intro thread, anyway, I discovered kent back in 2000 when I had a summer job in Sweden. I'm from Scotland, and made a permanent move to Sweden in 2007

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Caffrey Visa inlägg
    Hello from Arkansas. Long time Kent fan and long time lurker here on the board. Thought I'd finally register after all this time. Special thanks to those who do the translations, it is very much appreciated.
    You're right next to me, yo. Good to see more American Kent fans.

I first heard Kent in 2000 from another Texan who was big on Icelandic music and he came across Kent that way. Anyway, the first song I ever heard was If You Were Here. I didn't know much about the band (didn't really look into it) but I had liked that song for years even though their music wasn't really my cup of tea at the time.

In 2003, I became obsessed with Sweden because of hockey and rediscovered Kent again in 2005 or 2006 (with the help of a Swedish friend) and been hooked since.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2011

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    You're right next to me, yo. Good to see more American Kent fans.

I first heard Kent in 2000 from another Texan who was big on Icelandic music and he came across Kent that way. Anyway, the first song I ever heard was If You Were Here. I didn't know much about the band (didn't really look into it) but I had liked that song for years even though their music wasn't really my cup of tea at the time.

In 2003, I became obsessed with Sweden because of hockey and rediscovered Kent again in 2005 or 2006 (with the help of a Swedish friend) and been hooked since.
    No doubt about it, glad to see another Kent fan from the US. I may be the only one in Arkansas.

Standard

Good Morning all.

just discovered kent, crminal that I should never have heard them before.

unlocked vinternoll2 on guitar hero, and was hooked straight away!

gonna have to save up to go and see them next year if possible, though it looks like tickets sell quickly!

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Welcome newboy.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Sidan 1 av 4 1234 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •