Resultat 1 till 15 av 15

Ämne: Anyone else missing Pa Drift?

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard Anyone else missing Pa Drift?

While organizing my kent rarities I've come across a problem I think others might have had as well. I missed the window of opportunity to download kent's free charity single "Pa Drift?" and obviously, I'd like to have it. Since it was free to begin with, I'vbe already checked some torrents, but it seems to be out of seeds. I was wondering - again, since it was a giveaway - if perhaps someone could provide me with it. Or if such a transaction would be legal at all.

On the tune - I like it. Geat lyrics and a crisp christmasy sound, bit of a gift to those fans who miss the D&JD/HOSEEP times, I guess. Though the la-la´s go on a bit too long for my personal taste, but still, the verses are ace.

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Kurvitz Visa inlägg
    While organizing my kent rarities I've come across a problem I think others might have had as well. I missed the window of opportunity to download kent's free charity single "Pa Drift?" and obviously, I'd like to have it. Since it was free to begin with, I'vbe already checked some torrents, but it seems to be out of seeds. I was wondering - again, since it was a giveaway - if perhaps someone could provide me with it. Or if such a transaction would be legal at all.

On the tune - I like it. Geat lyrics and a crisp christmasy sound, bit of a gift to those fans who miss the D&JD/HOSEEP times, I guess. Though the la-la´s go on a bit too long for my personal taste, but still, the verses are ace.
    I think it would be legal. It was free after all, and has been free to download 2 times, but law isn't my profession.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem isakmos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2010

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    I think it would be legal. It was free after all, and has been free to download 2 times, but law isn't my profession.
    No, it isn't legal.
    Even if a thing is free, its not allowed to download it from sites like piratebay.
    But if you do it, no one will sue you!
    They could, if they wanted to, but they probably won't...

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av isakmo Visa inlägg
    No, it isn't legal.
    Even if a thing is free, its not allowed to download it from sites like piratebay.
    But if you do it, no one will sue you!
    They could, if they wanted to, but they probably won't...
    I was talking about a person passing to song on to another person, not torrent sites. I downloaded Pa drift more than once, can't see how it is illegal to give it to someone else as it is legally mine.
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem isakmos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2010

Standard

it is yours, but you don't have copyright on it, wich means that you don't have the right to give a copy to someone.
    Still, it was a free song and no one will sue you if you do it.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

it is yours, but you don't have copyright on it, wich means that you don't have the right to give a copy to someone.
    Still, it was a free song and no one will sue you if you do it.
    Copyright means you are not allowed to copy it, to create more copies than you originally purchased. However, you do have the right to buy a copy and give that copy to another person. Same with cd's, you can buy a cd and give it to someone else, but you can't rip it, burn it and spread those copies. Because then, you would be creating new copies. So I really doubt that it would be illegal for Marco to give one of his copies to another person. However, it would be illegal for him to put it on a torrent website so that it multiplies. I'm not sure of all this, but it would be incredibly weird if it's not like this. It's legal to purchase anything and then give it to someone else, from furniture to food to books. Why would it be different for an mp3 file?

Medlem isakmos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2010

Standard

But if he sends På Drift to another person, there will be a copy left on his computer, so he's created 2 copys of it.
    At least that is how i think it works....
    But, as i said before, even if someone working on kent's record label would find out, they probably wouldn't care, and as long as they don't, you aren't in trouble.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

But if he sends På Drift to another person, there will be a copy left on his computer, so he's created 2 copys of it.
    At least that is how i think it works....
    But, as i said before, even if someone working on kent's record label would find out, they probably wouldn't care, and as long as they don't, you aren't in trouble.
    I could sent him/her my computer or delete one of the copies after I 'd sent it. No problems with copyright then I suppose.
    The question would it be legal or not to provide someone with a copy all depends on how it's done it seems.

Standard

Have you found it yet?

Really good song....I wish they'd made more like it. The outro drags out a bit but the rest is good. I liked the sound they had going at the time...Skissker som summer or whatever it's called is I think the closest one they made to it afterwards.
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

Yeah, I got it. I'm not gonna say *how* I got it, but I got it.

It's a good one, love the verses, they remind me a bit of VinterNoll2 with how the lyrics are "packed". A nice, tight melody, incredibly intuitive. Great lyrics too. The "aa-aa" chorus/instrumental is what they lean on a bit too much, though. Not only here, but other times as well, mostly on b-side and giveaway material. Not that I don't like Martin and Jocke's a capellas, their nice, but even on album material like "Vi Din Sida" it's a bit of a let-down. An actual instrument would add texture that is unique to the song itself, instead going for the generally "kentish" feeling of "aa-aa´s". That and sometimes packing choruses with too much lift (rhythm guitars, synthesizers etc) compared to the airy and musically more enjoyable verses is the only mistake they make in my book. (I vove "Hjärta" or stuff like "Sjukhus" where the chorus has discernable elements you can pick apart.)

Oh, and in an incredibly nerdy fanboy moment, do you guys want to know WHY I needed that song? I'm a bit embarrassed, but here goes:

B-Sidor 00-10

1. VinterNoll2
    2. Pa Drift
    3. M
    4. Valgarningar och Illdad
    5. Nihilisten
    6. Nalens Öga
    7. Alla Mot Alla
    8. Vintervila
    9. Tick Tack
    10. Min Värld
    11. Nat för Dom Som Väntar
    12. Det Kanske Kommer En Förändring
    13. 2000
    14. Hjärta (Alf Tumble remix)
    15. Töntarna (Familien remix)
    16. Vy Frann Ett Luftslott (Punks Jump Up remix)
    17. Hall Dit Huvud Högt
    18. Lämnar

I'm sorry far the lack of correct swedish spelling. And a couple of the moments don't sequence as well as they should. Also, I'm missing "Karläkens Tunga" andthe "Idioter" demo, but other than that it's an incredible collection of music, showing off a band in their best decade. Now if only they had

1) made EPIS as a five track EP (would easily have been the strongest EP I've ever heard)
    2) released Röd singles with the rest of the EPIS tracks as b-sides
    3) then put those tracks along with this list - and a new single as was the case with "Chans" and "Spökstadt" - as B-Sidor 00-10

But I guess they wanted to makew a no problem album and hey, I like EPIS as it is as well.

And in conclusion of my Gilgamesh-proportioned fan-rant, I have to sadly say - having my version of B-Sidor 00-10 is pretty much impossible. Legally speaking. I'd like to say I own all those beautiful singles, but on my salary that is just not possible. That's why bands do and should do b-side and rarity collections.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

That's a nice list! I'm missing a few off it myself (tracks 13-15, and unsure if I have 11). Have you forgotten about the Ingenting demo?

You can actually get the Idioter demo from amazon uk for 69p! It's really good, clearly recognisable as idioter, but with a nice 'basic' demo feel to it. Although the intro makes me think of queen's 'I want to break free' (sorry if I've now spoiled the song for anyone!)

Edit- out of curiosity, which 5 tracks would you have picked for your '5 track epis' ep?
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-03-14 klockan 10:51.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

A minor remark: this isn't a "remove weaker songs for a stronger album" exercise on my part. The songs I'd leave out are the ones I think would be more precious as rarities, extending the "Röd" period, it's singles, mythology etc. And re-sequencing other people's carefully sequenced albums is a tricky business - dude looks like a total douche thinking he can better compile tkent than kent themselves. But here goes:

1. Glasäpplen
    2. Ismael
    3. Skisser för sommaren
    4. Minimalen
    5. Gamla Ullevi

That would be the EP. everything else would be Röd b-sides. I'm not leaving them off cause their weak or anything, I like all 5 slower songs, but the above-mentioned would be an esceptionally tight electropop number.

Erfaren medlem kallt kaffe med sockers avatar
    Reg.datum
    May 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Kurvitz Visa inlägg
    B-Sidor 00-10

I made a couple of comments to some of the tracks, if not all of the foreign Kent fans in here knows all about these songs mentioned that are not actual Kent b-sides.

VinterNoll2 (Not an actual b-side. It was released as a double a-side single along with FF)
    På Drift? (A free download track December 24 2008 at kent.nu, a a free Christmas gift for the fans)
    Nålens Öga (A one track single, released for charity in 2006)
    Nåt För Dom Som Väntar (This is not Kent, it's Joakim Berg solo. A cover of a song originally by Olle Ljungström, recorded for a compilation 2008)
    2000 (Available as a download song in 2009. Also released as a one track single limited in 100 copies for charity. Some sold, others not. I guess. There were a lot of problems with those auctions at the auction site Tradera)
    Håll Ditt Huvud Högt (Recorded at a concert in the summer of 2008 and released as a live song only, from the box 1991-2008)

You also mentioned Kärlekens Tunga, that is a cover released 2001 by the band Paus (Jocke från Kent and Peter from The Cardigans) and a song originally by the band Eldkvarn.

Not 00-10, but Joakim sung a song for the swedish version of the Pixar movie Cars 2 (Bilar 2) 2011, Det Känns Perfekt is that track called. Weezer made the song You Might Think in the original US-version of Cars 2. A cover of a The Cars song.

Enjoy!
    Senast redigerat av kallt kaffe med socker den 2012-03-14 klockan 12:06. Anledning: Terrible spelling.
    Och jag lämnar inga fotspår ens i sand...

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I agree, the songs on EPIS are still strong. I think because most of us expected just an ep after Röd (by going on what Jocke said, something along the lines of 'we have...other ideas for the songs') that a full album of songs was totally unexpected. And since Röd had no (new song) b-sides, it's hard not to imagine which of the EPIS songs would have belonged to that group.
    coloursatnight

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2010

Standard

may I also add that Martin doesn't sing on På Drift, or any Kent song!
    Live its Markus doing the backing vocals, very great I think, but think its Jocke who also does the backing vocals on this song.

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •