Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 28

Ämne: Touring in the UK?

Medlem sakermansers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard Touring in the UK?

Are Kent ever going to tour UK again (possibly for this next album)? When was the last time they toured England anyway, does anyone know?

Medlem frippe99s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2004

Standard

Most defenitely not im afraid. It seems like kent have decided to stick to only tour the nordics. Jocke has written about this before on the forum. Heres a qoute from another thread:

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    Jocke skrev en bra förklaring i forumet en gång:

Hello.
    The thing with the touring is quite simple.
    At the end of the "english experiment"we came to the point of no return.
    The tour-fatigue was beginning to take its toll on the core of this band which always was and always will be our friendship.
    It was either slow down or go down.
    The choice we made was not an easy one.
    It was pure survival instinct.
    Im sorry to say we´re not going outside scandinavia this time.
    I hope you understand.
    In retrospect i think it would have been a better idea to do the albums(Isola&Hagnesta Hill)in english only.
    At least it would not have been the compromise it sort of became.

Love
    JB
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av sakermanser Visa inlägg
    Are Kent ever going to tour UK again (possibly for this next album)? When was the last time they toured England anyway, does anyone know?

Medlem frippe99s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2004

Standard

Oh and when it comes to when they last played in the UK, according to my sources it was 2000.09.25 at Scala i London:

http://www.kentjunkie.com/concertsbycountry.htm

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

[QUOTE=frippe99;40942]Oh and when it comes to when they last played in the UK, according to my sources it was 2000.09.25 at Scala i London:

Ah, I remember it well, cracking gig. Trouble was it was full of Scandies - not that I minded that, of course! - but it makes it difficult to build up an English fanbase when the Swedes snap up all the tickets first because they already know the band. That was the case at most of the London gigs I saw them at in fact, though outside London was less so. But I think it might have been another thing that hindered their breakthough here and in the States, though I mainly point the finger at the useless efforts made by the respective record companies. Still, competitive market, bad timing (all that dance bollocks around at the time) and all that. Such are the breaks. Luckily there are many cheap flights from London to Scandinavia to catch the autumn tour; not such a bargain as my 70p bus ride home from the Scala though!

Medlem frippe99s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2004

Standard

I would love to see kent do one last show in english in London, but it will probably never happen.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av frippe99 Visa inlägg
    I would love to see kent do one last show in english in London, but it will probably never happen.
    Trouble is it would be a bit of a selective set... they couldn't do anything from the last album - or the new one! - though I'd love to hear the English lyrics for V&A. I know they exist somewhere... in a cupboard round at Joakim's! But they are always very, very welcome to do a Swedish set over here - we have some ideal venues and would definitely show them a good time for an after-party :-) Would have made a great warm-up for the autumn tour, sigh...

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Hey at least you guys live close enough where it's most possible to see them. I'm all the way in Texas. Since their new look looks like the wild west, they should come here and embrace it.

Hahahaha oh the mental image is killing me.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Thanks for letting me know guys. Well, since they are never touring anywhere outside of the Nordic countries anymore, I guess I will have to go to them!

Sooo...I just ordered my ticket off Billetlugen...yay! I am curious as to why this show hasn't sold out yet? :S Is the venue (KB Hallen) crap? Does anyone know anything about KB Hallen and/or has been there before? What's it like and what's its capacity?

Is anyone else from the forum going to the 09 December show at KB Hallen, Copenhagen, Denmark?

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Thanks for letting me know guys. Well, since they are never touring anywhere outside of the Nordic countries anymore, I guess I will have to go to them!

Sooo...I just ordered my ticket off Billetlugen...yay! I am curious as to why this show hasn't sold out yet? :S Is the venue (KB Hallen) crap? Does anyone know anything about KB Hallen and/or has been there before? What's it like and what's its capacity?

Is anyone else from the forum going to the 09 December show at KB Hallen, Copenhagen, Denmark?
    Yep.

I´ll be there , I´m going to the december 8th gig.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

I am curious as to why this show hasn't sold out yet? :S Is the venue (KB Hallen) crap? Does anyone know anything about KB Hallen and/or has been there before? What's it like and what's its capacity?

The venue is great, I saw Kent there in November 2002. About 3000 people fit in, so it's still quite intimate. I'll be there December 8th.

Cheers

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

I'm going to the 8 December show, and it will be my first visit to KB-hallen and Copenhagen. Also my first kent concert outside of Sweden!

Probably there are still tickets to the extra show on 9 December because most people got tickets to 8 December? Or maybe Danish people are nicer than Swedes, who buy lots of tickets just to sell them on auction sites.
    Låt dom komma nu

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

I'm going to the 8 December show, and it will be my first visit to KB-hallen and Copenhagen. Also my first kent concert outside of Sweden!

Probably there are still tickets to the extra show on 9 December because most people got tickets to 8 December? Or maybe Danish people are nicer than Swedes, who buy lots of tickets just to sell them on auction sites.
    I wouldn´t sell my ticket for a million .
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Hope I can say hi to you there Mr. Moderator. Unless I come across you at the Stockholm shows previously...

Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Ack! No one is coming the 09 December show? *sigh* I think I will have to go by myself then. If anyone else here is going alone, let me know and mayhaps we can go together!

Which reminds me, does anyone have any hostel recommendations in Copenhagen?

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Hope I can say hi to you there Mr. Moderator. Unless I come across you at the Stockholm shows previously...
    Yes, I'm going to the Annexet show on November 17 too. "Moderator" isn't written on my forehead though, so I might be hard to spot. ;-)

By the way, people are talking about having some sort of parties at a pub before and/or after the concerts in Stockholm.
    Senast redigerat av utomjording den 2007-09-05 klockan 23:05.
    Låt dom komma nu

Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •