Resultat 1 till 7 av 7

Ämne: The Olympic Thread

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard The Olympic Thread

I haven’t seen anything mentioned about the Olympics, so what are your thoughts, highlights and favourite bits/ sports you’ve seen at London2012? How are your countries doing in the events?
    Oh, and did any of the non-british people here understand what the opening ceremony was about, and what did you think of it?

Personally, before the Olympics started, I was already sick of hearing about the countdown to London2012, the torch relay that’s been all around the country (and almost passed by my house), the shops are full of London2012 t-shirts, mascots, etc and there’s London2012 flags/ branding in Glasgow as we’re hosting some of the football games at Hampden Park.

But, do you know what? Now that it’s actually started, I’ve enjoyed watching various sports- some of which I hadn’t seen much of before. I caught the end of an archery team final at the weekend, and it was USA v Italy, it came down to the very last shot, and it was rather exciting!
    Yesterday we (GB) got our first 2 gold medals, and a Glaswegian guy won a silver medal in swimming. The country is really proud of Bradley Wiggins, first for winning the Tour de France, and now the gold in the cycling time trial. Hoping that Chris Hoy & the rest of the team can get another medal in cycling today.

The BBC site has a little thing where you can put in your weight & height and it’ll match your up to an Olympic athlete, try it out here and post your results- I’m a female diver from the USA!
    coloursatnight

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

Sweden is good at horse jumping. We almost caught the gold for females but that would have been too much, I guess ; )
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

I love to watch swimming, and yesterday The Netherlands finally got gold We also got gold in cycling which was very exciting to watch Unfortunately, Sweden isn't doing so well in swimming. No medals yet, but tomorrow I'll cheer for Alshammar to get bronze (behind gold and silver for The Netherlands, of course )

Don't have much time to watch anything else, but for olympic swimming I make time

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Sweden women are playing France here in Glasgow right now (football), if I'd have realised that this morning, I'd have put on my Sweden top. Come on Sweden!

GB have got 3 more gold medals! Chris Hoy and the team did amazingly last night in the cycling (and also got a world record too), Chris is now Britain's most successful Olympian ever! In the town of every gold medal winner, the royal mail are painting a postbox gold (rather than the usual red) and releasing special stamps featuring the GB winners!

I saw the swimming last night, that Dutch girl with the long name is really good. I seem to catch swimming most evenings on BBC1 (keep forgetting to switch and see what's on the other BBC channels) as the swimming is usually really fast and exciting!

I hadn't realised that Sweden were good at horse jumping, not a sport that's really on our TV, to be honest. What did sweden get the other silver medal for?
    coloursatnight

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I hadn't realised that Sweden were good at horse jumping, not a sport that's really on our TV, to be honest. What did sweden get the other silver medal for?
    I would say, we are mostly getting our medals in sports that noone really cares about. The second silver was in some shooting competition and now we got a gold in sailing.

Big congratulations for the gold in tennis for Andy Murray!
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Well done Sweden on your gold medal (sailing), even if it meant our guys only got silver!

We've had an amazing weekend of medal wins, with athletics, sailing, cycling, rowing and tennis getting us golds. I think... there were that many medals I've probably missed one out or got something mixed up!

Really chuffed Murray beat Federer, he played really well, just a shame that he had to play the mixed doubles final so soon after beating Federer, only a silver there.

The 100m mens final last night was really exciting too, Bolt is just so fast, he make it look easy! I loved the shot after the race, the huge mascot ran up to him and did the 'pose' that Bolt does, found a photo...

bolt & wenlock.JPG
    coloursatnight

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

I enjoyed the Olympics... the USA did very well obviously but our time-delayed TV coverage was lame. I knew about almost all the results before I could watch them on TV.

Oh well, still very happy for Murray to win the gold at Wimbledon.
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •