Resultat 1 till 8 av 8

Ämne: Petra Marklund (September)

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard Petra Marklund (September)

If you don't know, Jocke has been working with Petra Marklund (also known as September) on some songs for her new album.

Here's a review of the new single (co-written with Jocke) 'Händerna Mot Himlen' from Scandipop which is out on September 14th in Sweden, and they're also streaming the new single at this page here.

Haven't heard this myself yet (no speakers here at work), so I'll come back and give my thoughts later.
    coloursatnight

Medlem tricksters avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2004

Standard

O stumbled up on this Scandipop review page a few days ago (cannot remember where I found the link though) and listened to Händerna Mot Himlen.
    I really like it. Looking forward to the album.

Imagine this song sang by Kent
    Should have been interesting
    ett perfekt substitut

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I've had a go at transcribing the lyrics, with a help from a few of the Swedes, as I was struggling to hear/understand a few of the words.
    Haven't had a chance to sit and properly translate them, as I'm loaded with the cold right now, and if I'm not sniffing, I'm coughing!

If you want to read them in swedish, head over to this thread. Hopefully I'll have them translated next week some time. When my brain's fully functional again!

It's a very upbeat sounding song, it seems almost summery to me. I like it. It took a few listens, though. I'll totally be the odd one out here, but I can't hear this as a kent song. Maybe it's Petra's voice, maybe it's the strings, but it doesn't seem like a kent song to me, it's too poppy. Not that poppy is a bad thing, not at all. Just doesn't 'feel' kent-ish. Can't quite explain it.

edit, ooooh 1000 posts. it's only taken me 5 years!
    coloursatnight

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I've had a go at transcribing the lyrics, with a help from a few of the Swedes, as I was struggling to hear/understand a few of the words.
    Haven't had a chance to sit and properly translate them, as I'm loaded with the cold right now, and if I'm not sniffing, I'm coughing!

If you want to read them in swedish, head over to this thread. Hopefully I'll have them translated next week some time. When my brain's fully functional again!

It's a very upbeat sounding song, it seems almost summery to me. I like it. It took a few listens, though. I'll totally be the odd one out here, but I can't hear this as a kent song. Maybe it's Petra's voice, maybe it's the strings, but it doesn't seem like a kent song to me, it's too poppy. Not that poppy is a bad thing, not at all. Just doesn't 'feel' kent-ish. Can't quite explain it.

edit, ooooh 1000 posts. it's only taken me 5 years!
    Congrats for 1000 posts, good on you! I agree about it not sounding like a kent song - too poppy
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Phew, thought I was going to get shot down in flames for a differing of opinion than the masses over on the Swedish part! Hope the song does well, it sounds like it would fit right in on P3 anyway!
    coloursatnight

Medlem tricksters avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2004

Standard

The video is out.
    http://www.scandipop.co.uk/petra-mar...len-the-video/

I still like the song and seeing the video I still imagine Jocke acting and singing on it.
    I think it is not hard to change the instrumentation and transofrm this is to a rock anthem.
    Crossing fingers for a cover used for b-side in a future single!
    ett perfekt substitut

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Nice, however, it's more suited for a village dance hall where it will really go down in flames... ;-)

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Decent pop song. I think it's hard to say it doesn't even have a shade of Kent in there, there are hints that I would say really do have the feeling of a Kent song. Of course a different singer and production takes it down a different road, but I think it's enjoyable nonetheless.

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •