Sidan 1 av 3 123 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 37

Ämne: Next Step?

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard Next Step?

So, with Kent seemingly having completed the "standard" Album, spring tour and summer tour, what are we likely to see next? A break for the guys to work on new music? A Hits CD from the last record label? Or the standard 2 years of chilling until the next record comes along?

What would you like to see?

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Well, Jocke's written music for Petra Marklund (September) and also an artist called Alina Devecerski and Markus has recently provided guest vocals on Vera Vinter's new song and recently mentioned on his twitter that has was about to record some vocals in his home studio, so it looks like they're planning some non-kent time. Perhaps there will be another single from JÄIRFM, but I expect not to hear anything kent-wise for a while yet.

I like hearing about the side projects, even if I don't always love everything that comes from them, it's nice to hear other sides to the band's creativity.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Had a feeling that would be the case, most bands who are big and well into their career don't need to be blasting albums out every 2 minutes. Hopefully the time passes quickly enough NB: I might have to learn Swedish to have a poke around in the other forums, or tempt some more Swedes in here to talk in the meantime.......
    Senast redigerat av .namnlös den 2012-10-08 klockan 13:03.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

oh, if you could get some swedes in here that would be great. I have to stop myself talking to myself in here sometimes! One or 2 stick their head in occasionally (Okjabrj is one) and it's nice when they do. Swedish is fun to learn, though!

Oh, and sorry forgot to say, you'll need to stick those 2 links above through google translate if you fancy reading them as they're in Swedish. The Petra Marklund song is on Amazon uk for download (but still not JÄIRFM why?).
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

The Petra song is pretty cool. So far I've had it on Spotify for a few weeks.

Yeah man, i noticed you were pretty much alone in here! I know some Swedish, but certainly not enough to have a conversation. Maybe considering you know a bit you should do a bit asking if they fancy joining us in there for some English Kent chat from time to time? Be good to get some other threads active etc, and someone can teach me some new words

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Well, Jocke's written music for Petra Marklund (September) and also an artist called Alina Devecerski and Markus has recently provided guest vocals on Vera Vinter's new song and recently mentioned on his twitter that has was about to record some vocals in his home studio, so it looks like they're planning some non-kent time. Perhaps there will be another single from JÄIRFM, but I expect not to hear anything kent-wise for a while yet.

I like hearing about the side projects, even if I don't always love everything that comes from them, it's nice to hear other sides to the band's creativity.
    Actually, Jocke wrote music for Petra in June last year, so it's not really a fresh collaboration. Eric Turner on the other hand boasted on Twitter about writing a song with Jocke recently.
    Senast redigerat av jazzpurist den 2012-10-08 klockan 14:03. Anledning: crappy english

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av .namnlös Visa inlägg
    The Petra song is pretty cool. So far I've had it on Spotify for a few weeks.

Yeah man, i noticed you were pretty much alone in here! I know some Swedish, but certainly not enough to have a conversation. Maybe considering you know a bit you should do a bit asking if they fancy joining us in there for some English Kent chat from time to time? Be good to get some other threads active etc, and someone can teach me some new words
    Ok, I'll brave their chat thread and hopefully no one will laugh at my swedish! Sweden.se has a word of the day thing, but it doesn't always get updated (it seems like they forgot about october 2012 and it's reverted to october 2011!). If you can find a book (out of print) called 'Swedish in 3 months' it got me started with the basics before I took lessons.

I haven't heard either of the 2 songs Jocke has written with Alina, she seems quite hiphop/ street-ish (I'm now feeling old because I don't really know about her and her type of music ). P3 radio has 'Vem tog mig hem' to listen to, it might not even be a single from her forthcoming album, as they had Färger på nattan before the kent album came out.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jazzpurist Visa inlägg
    Actually, Jocke wrote music for Petra in June last year, so it's not really a fresh collaboration. Eric Turner on the other hand boasted on Twitter about writing a song with Jocke recently.
    Oh, I forgot about seeing that on Twitter.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-10-08 klockan 14:12.
    coloursatnight

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av .namnlös Visa inlägg
    Had a feeling that would be the case, most bands who are big and well into their career don't need to be blasting albums out every 2 minutes. Hopefully the time passes quickly enough NB: I might have to learn Swedish to have a poke around in the other forums, or tempt some more Swedes in here to talk in the meantime.......
    Nybörjarsvenska is a very good beginner's book. It's pretty basic, but it has structured grammar, tho you shouldn't expect advanced vocabulary after finishing it. Svenska utifrån is a good one too, but it is a bit old-fashioned or I just had an old edition. Anyways, they are nice to start with, even on your own.

Once you get a bit more advanced, Form i fokus and Text i fokus are nice additions to it. But same with English, you might want to hang out a lot online to get updated about slang and stuff.

Other useful things to have are dictionaries (both two-language and "definition" dictionaries), I have them physically too, and online I was using lexin when it still existed, and wikipedia is nice, especially if I don't know the English equivalent either and have to get the explanation for it. (And some words, like elljusspår don't exist in my language so they are impossible to dig up in any other way.)

I honestly don't remember about the listening part how I started, because it was something I never had a problem with, but maybe audiobooks are nice? Especially if you have the book also and can read while listening, that's pretty good when you are just starting out.

My biggest problem is finding someone to speak with. As in really talk, not just chat online and so on. I am really really crap when it comes to speaking Swedish (tho being rather socially awkward doesn't help with that issue either). Writing is not a problem, I just don't feel like posting to the Swedish part of the forum, partly because people in the past were told off for their crappy Swedish (tho it was years ago), and partly because I don't think I have anything really interesting to add. The latter is the same reason why I'm not posting here often (I'm checking the forums daily, or almost daily, both the English and the Swedish part), I don't feel like posting just for the sake of posting something.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Lexin still exists in a slightly different form, and I also use Nordstedt's too, both online here (although not every word is there, they want you to pay for that!) and in paper form (the small pocket edition and the huge student's edition because it shows en/ett/plural endings on words).

Try listening online to swedish radio or watching programmes at svt.se, there's also lättlast news 8 sidor, which is news in basic swedish that I think you can listen and read at the same time. We never used a textbook in lessons (due to cost/ availability in large numbers/ flaky class members), my teacher just made up plenty of her own exercises.

Edit- forgot to quote you jazzpurist. Yeah, I'm a swedish reader/listener rather than a speaker too. I don't post much over their either, it tends to get lost amongst all the chat.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-10-08 klockan 14:54.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

My biggest problem is finding someone to speak with. As in really talk, not just chat online and so on. I am really really crap when it comes to speaking Swedish (tho being rather socially awkward doesn't help with that issue either). Writing is not a problem, I just don't feel like posting to the Swedish part of the forum, partly because people in the past were told off for their crappy Swedish (tho it was years ago), and partly because I don't think I have anything really interesting to add. The latter is the same reason why I'm not posting here often (I'm checking the forums daily, or almost daily, both the English and the Swedish part), I don't feel like posting just for the sake of posting something.
    Many thanks for the info guys, very interesting, I'll bear it in mind, though it might be hard to learn with my schedule

Yeah I mean, there's plenty of Kent to chat. I'm a relatively long term fan, but would love to chat with people (especially Swedes, but anyone really) who actually remember the early days as I came to them quite late. As for the "next phase" thing, my only hope is that I get one more opportunity to see them play, so a random tour fairly soon I would be super super happy about, but judging by history I sense 2014 would be the earliest. I'll try to think of some fun other threads to try.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

There's a 'favourite bits' thread kicking about, probably a couple of pages back, that you might like to drag up. I often have 'ooohhhh, I love this bit' when I listening to kent, but seem to forget what they are when I come on here. I never was around before the old board crashed and lots of old posts were lost, so I missed all the early stuff too.

I'd like a spring/summer 2013 tour, but that really would be pushing it, and flights are a nightmare for me in the winter & spring as it means I'm relying on Ryanair!
    coloursatnight

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Lexin still exists in a slightly different form, and I also use Nordstedt's too, both online here (although not every word is there, they want you to pay for that!) and in paper form (the small pocket edition and the huge student's edition because it shows en/ett/plural endings on words).

Try listening online to swedish radio or watching programmes at svt.se, there's also lättlast news 8 sidor, which is news in basic swedish that I think you can listen and read at the same time. We never used a textbook in lessons (due to cost/ availability in large numbers/ flaky class members), my teacher just made up plenty of her own exercises.

Edit- forgot to quote you jazzpurist. Yeah, I'm a swedish reader/listener rather than a speaker too. I don't post much over their either, it tends to get lost amongst all the chat.
    Is it up again? Nice! It was offline for quite a long time as far as I remember, and I very seldom need it nowadays, but I'll bookmark it just to be on the safe side.

I don't like TV and radio, they bore me to death, I prefer books, tho I do watch documentaries sometimes if the topic is interesting. I never tried the "basic" news, only the real ones, they are not too hard to understand either, but after 4 years it's easy for me to say. I really honestly don't remember how it was when I was beginner, I just remember that I spent endless hours trying to get my head around things and reading a book took me 3 weeks, now it's 3 days if it's proper long (but I never tried reading the Lord of the Rings in Swedish, that took me a whole christmas in English too).

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

*jealous* I read (in english) quite fast so as it takes me (cough, quite) a few weeks to work my way through a proper swedish novel, so I tend to get a bit frustrated/ bored reading the same thing for weeks. Also I read mostly in bed and a tired brain and a swedish book don't go together well for me! A friend lent me his 3 Lars & Urban books by Eva Dahlgren, and while they were fun to read (aimed at children, about 2 dog friends living in Stockholm) sometimes the messages/moral of the story bits annoyed me slightly.
    coloursatnight

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

Writing is not a problem, I just don't feel like posting to the Swedish part of the forum, partly because people in the past were told off for their crappy Swedish (tho it was years ago), and partly because I don't think I have anything really interesting to add. The latter is the same reason why I'm not posting here often (I'm checking the forums daily, or almost daily, both the English and the Swedish part), I don't feel like posting just for the sake of posting something.
    I guess you're right that the forum was slightly less friendly back in the beginning. It has changed for the better tho and now it's even nick-named "ditt vardagsrum på nätet". Promise, we're very welcoming in the Swedish part of the forum too!
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

I just don't feel like posting to the Swedish part of the forum, partly because people in the past were told off for their crappy Swedish (tho it was years ago), and partly because I don't think I have anything really interesting to add. The latter is the same reason why I'm not posting here often (I'm checking the forums daily, or almost daily, both the English and the Swedish part), I don't feel like posting just for the sake of posting something.
    I'm exactly like that! I'm here very often and read almost everything that's posted, but I hardly ever post anything myself. Guess I'm shy even online I'm close to fluent in Swedish, but I never end up posting in the Swedish forum because it feels like it's such a tight group of people there, which makes it harder to just jump in and write something. Sometimes you see new people posting there, but they often simply get ignored or lost in the chatting like stjärnor said. Also, I'm not a big expert when it comes to kent, I just enjoy the music a lot. So that can make me feel a bit stupid.

Sidan 1 av 3 123 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •