Resultat 1 till 9 av 9

Ämne: Wondering if someone also feels same things..

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2013

Standard Wondering if someone also feels same things..

I m gonna start about du&jag döden album.I cant really feel this album,maybe I need to calm my mind,stop thinking then listening this album.Maybe need to try listening while drunk,dunno.But the B-sidor tracks are actually at my level.I can feel them exactly.Especially at the ending of the M track,I find it scary and like its coming from a radio where Alien invaded-bombed place,people that lies dead in a small town,in America somewhere.I dunno its rare feeling that Kent could give:gets you scared.Why would I be scared in a music?I m a newbie here btw,just wanted to share it.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

No, never felt anything like that while listening to Kent. Do you feel the same when you listen to other music, or does it get even worse?

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

I have never felt something like that at all, but I did have an interesting introduction to Du & Jag Döden. As an English speaker I didn't know what most of the words actually meant. I felt that with songs like Palace and Mein and with the build up in Den Döda Vinkeln that this was an uplifting listen. Yes it has darker tones but the music overall feels quite light. Then I found out the real meaning behind the words and that was a bit surprising. Now I know many songwriters love the crossover of making happy music sit with downbeat words, but in this case the mood I felt was way off because of that lack of understanding.

Nybörjare Seb78s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2013

Standard

Well....I can relate to what you wrote, .namnlös. I still don't understand most of the words in Kent's songs for I'm just at the beginning. Nevertheless I wanted to understand the meaning behind the songs. The melodies and the chord progression led me into a completely wrong direction with some of the songs! For me the most impressive experience was "ärlighet respekt kärlek" which I thought was a positive lovesong. After visiting http://lyricstranslate.com/de/kent-lyrics.html it turned out to be the complete opposite. ^^

But I never felt frightened or scared by listening to a Kent track.
    "music speaks where words fail."

Standard

That was the first kent album I listened to and it does take a while to get into especially for us non-Swedish speakers. I'd say the reason it's so highly rated is because it has probably the best sound kent did between the more pop Vapen and the electronic stage with Tillbaka. Only problem is that they only produced one album with these cold dark guitars (unless you count the Hjarta & Smarta EP)...maybe it's a hard sound to pull off so that's why. I wouldn't say it's their best album but certainly the coolest sounding one and if a song can make you feel creeped out then that's a fairly powerful and in my opinion good thing compared to the usual blandness. Every time they've released a new album, I've kinda hoped that they would reproduce the sound from 400 Slag or Dom Som Forsvann or Max500 but they've moved on.

Anyways, this album did take a while to grow on me but keep listening to it. My favourite songs from them from 2005-06 would be:

400 Slag
    Du Ar Anga
    Palace & Main
    Klaparen
    Max500
    Rosor & Palmblad
    Mannen i den vita hatten
    Nihilisten
    Dom Som Forsvann

Also, I'd recommend this site if you want English translations, it has every single one instead of the one above (though I kinda like not understanding their words):
    http://kentfans.com/kent-lyrics.php
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Arguably, you could say D&JD is a culmination of sorts. Many artists spring to mind who tried to perfect a particular sound, which (intentionally or otherwise) had them typecast as having a particular sound. Some of them take 3-5 albums or more to attain the perfection they are looking for. This culmination often leads to the band then moving on to a different feeling or sound, after all, if you made something amazing trying to replicate that can come across as being a bit crass unfortunately. Alternatively, if the band have simply made things in a particular way for a long time, they may just decide it is time to radically shake things up to keep things fresh.

I'm not sure where exactly D&JD sits in that spectrum, but given the lyrical content, I can imagine that this is not necessarily a place you actively want to revisit.

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2013

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av .namnlös Visa inlägg
    Arguably, you could say D&JD is a culmination of sorts. Many artists spring to mind who tried to perfect a particular sound, which (intentionally or otherwise) had them typecast as having a particular sound. Some of them take 3-5 albums or more to attain the perfection they are looking for. This culmination often leads to the band then moving on to a different feeling or sound, after all, if you made something amazing trying to replicate that can come across as being a bit crass unfortunately. Alternatively, if the band have simply made things in a particular way for a long time, they may just decide it is time to radically shake things up to keep things fresh.

I'm not sure where exactly D&JD sits in that spectrum, but given the lyrical content, I can imagine that this is not necessarily a place you actively want to revisit.
    I didnt understand the last two sentences you have written but did you want to say that I m just not enough good music listener to listen these? I can see from the lyrics that Kent is much deeper than its lyrics,atleast it needs some Swedish knowledge in some sorts,to judge these.Someone that doesnt know how to analyze the lyrics,can go another way around that even the artist didnt think of.But I just enjoy the music,not even making an oversimplification for it.It would make me get bored sometimes,that makes me to relate a song or sound to a feeling.But I think it could happen sometimes.

@JukkeBerry

I think this might be much more personal but,yes.I can feel this thing in different variations,such as while listening to Celtic music,or Icelandic music.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av E.Yavuzalp Visa inlägg
    I didnt understand the last two sentences you have written but did you want to say that I m just not enough good music listener to listen these?
    Not at all, I would never make such a comment. What I say above is just based on my personal experience of being in a band, and watching other bands develop.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    That was the first kent album I listened to and it does take a while to get into especially for us non-Swedish speakers. I'd say the reason it's so highly rated is because it has probably the best sound kent did between the more pop Vapen and the electronic stage with Tillbaka. Only problem is that they only produced one album with these cold dark guitars (unless you count the Hjarta & Smarta EP)...maybe it's a hard sound to pull off so that's why. I wouldn't say it's their best album but certainly the coolest sounding one and if a song can make you feel creeped out then that's a fairly powerful and in my opinion good thing compared to the usual blandness. Every time they've released a new album, I've kinda hoped that they would reproduce the sound from 400 Slag or Dom Som Forsvann or Max500 but they've moved on.

Anyways, this album did take a while to grow on me but keep listening to it. My favourite songs from them from 2005-06 would be:

400 Slag
    Du Ar Anga
    Palace & Main
    Klaparen
    Max500
    Rosor & Palmblad
    Mannen i den vita hatten
    Nihilisten
    Dom Som Forsvann

Also, I'd recommend this site if you want English translations, it has every single one instead of the one above (though I kinda like not understanding their words):
    http://kentfans.com/kent-lyrics.php
    DOJD was the first FULL album I heard (in 2005) but If You Were Here was the first song I heard (but not till 2000.) I agree. The sound on that album is probably their best and definitely separates itself from their other albums.

As for the OP, it doesn't scare me but when I listen to it and this may have to do with the fact that I first heard it during the winter time, but I always think of the cold and dark. But nothing scary. I love cold and dark.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •