Sidan 11 av 17 FörstaFörsta ... 234567891011121314151617 SistaSista
Resultat 151 till 165 av 245

Ämne: Tigerdrottningen & La Belle Epoque

Medlem Diephers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2011

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    It's a fairy decent sounding album. Have only listened to it a few times so far and it doesn't have the same number of stand out tracks as Rod or Tillbaka or maybe even Jag Ar Inte... but it's possibly the most consistent out of the post D&JD era.

I like how the songs are all fairly straightforward, La Belle Epoque is probably the only weird one of the bunch (and so far the best to me). Only thing I don't like is the overuse of female vocals (and not in a sexy way like on FF), I prefer Jocke's voice.
    But the best/most consistent since Du& Jag Döden? Oh heaven... I must hear that Album immediately!

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

It's still not available at spotify uk. No listing at itunes uk, and Amazon have the cd listed as 'within 1 to 2 MONTHS' for delivery and no option of download either. I have had no dispatch email from them yet, but my order still says 'Friday 2nd May' for my estimated delivery. I will not be pleased if they mess me around again and push back the dispatch of this cd.
    coloursatnight

Medlem Diephers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2011

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I will not be pleased if they mess me around again and push back the dispatch of this cd.
    Yes, and that´s what i´m afraid of.. Well, Stjärnor, i got another tip from a member of the german Forum. The Website www.musicload.de (its a german one) sells the full Album for download datas in WAV and MP3. I think i gonna do that. I actually wanted the original with cover and booklet and so on... but MP3s are better than nothing, aren´t they?

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Cdon shipped yesterday, so I guess i'll have the cd before the weekend
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Erfaren medlem kallt kaffe med sockers avatar
    Reg.datum
    May 2002

Standard

A lot of guests on Tigerdrottningen. They also tend to sing/choir on each others songs, so to speak, so it can be hard to hear their specific voices. Oh, well. If someone's interested, here's what the booklet says:

Rudie Edwards - Mirage, Skogarna, Var är vi nu?, Allt har sin tid, Svart snö.

Beatrice Eli - Godhet (female lead vocals), Mirage, Allt har sin tid, Var är vi nu?, Svart snö.

Petra Marklund - Allt har sin tid, Svart snö, Simmaren, Godhet.

Camela Leierth - Allt har sin tid, Svart snö.

Erik Hassle - La belle epoque.

Martin Sandberg - Var är vi nu?

Compton Gospel Choir - Innan himlen faller ner.

Cheers och happy listening!
    Och jag lämnar inga fotspår ens i sand...

Medlem Diephers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2011

Standard

I´m glad...and proudfull to know this band...

Thanks Jocke, thanks for these musical impressions, I always was dreaming of, since D&JD became past. Thanks for this alternative way of thinking, you gave me with your lyrics, with your music... <3

Tigerdrottningen is the next step, a new era, I always wanted to reach. I think I´m on my way and when I remember how long this way took, then I can really proudfull and full of happiness say, that you guided me for a long time. And I never really lost my way, thanks to your contribution.

It seems and SOUNDS, that the goal is near. The walk is now going to become easier and easier...

Takk! <3

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

It took me 3 to 4 listens and then finally, while riding my bike on sunny day in the English Garden, it hit me that Kent have released another great album!

Standard

love this album. I've looped it for days. And Thanks for the translation

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Sorry I've been absent the past few days- I'd been avoiding reviews/ newspaper articles/ opinions about the album until I had heard it.

All I have to say is: wow! This has to be the one of the best kent albums. Strong, brilliant, well-built songs. I really don't know how Jocke & the band manage to keep delivering amazing songs again and again. I was a bit worried I wouldn't like all the femal vocals on the album, but I do! Apart from a couple of songs, the feel more 'chorus-like' than individual voices and add extra dimension to the songs. Can't really name favourites yet (haven't learned the names of which song is which!), but Mirage (the opener) is fantastic, Allt har sin tid is also very good, and the last song 'Den andra sidan' keeps leaving me with a tear in my eye.

Thanks kent, ni är bästa!

And while I'm on, here are my Tigerdrottningen nails. They took quite a while to do (2 attempts on the left hand, and some smudges before it was dry on the right hand meant removing and starting again!) The amount of polish used was silly (15 - 20 bottles, maybe?) and my room was very smelly for hours, but it was totally worth it You can't see very well on the photo, but on left hand grey nails and the right hand middle finger there is tiny holographic glitter which sparkles in the sunlight! Hope you like! They are my entry in the #mintigerdrottningen competition. (see the news thread for more details)

tiger collage2.jpg

Oh, and hello castellana, welcome to the forum. Glad you like the album

Edit- I forgot to say the album is now available on Spotify. And Amazon have delayed my cd by 2-4 weeks, I'm not best pleased.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2014-05-02 klockan 23:01.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Here is the translation of Mirage, I'll put up the other songs in the next few days as I translate them.

Mirage

I left my country
    One night during a siege
    For a lovely horizon, Le Mirage means illusion

I didn't see the connections
    You, you saw the eternity

The sky red, orange
    under black dead palms
    So I increase in volume
    for everything is in the music

It is where fantasy integrates
    with reality

Always thinking about myself
    What am I doing here
    What am I doing here now
    Will I die here
    Will I die here now
    What am I doing here
    What am I doing here with you
    If I die here I die here with you

I left my country
    After hearing about conscientious objection
    A time in quarantine
    far from pleasure and beauty

You always see the connection
    I, I see
    I see a sky without clouds
    I see an eternal slow summer
    You see an city with morals
    You see a sick version of freedom

You say: You are so naive
    I say: I know

What am I doing here
    What am I doing here now
    Will I die here
    Will I die here now
    What am I doing here
    What am I doing here with you
    If I die here, I will die here with you

You don't see the connection
    You see the reality
    I don't see the same thing as you
    I see the sunset
    I don't see the same thing as you
    You see the ruins

You say: You are so naive
    I say: I know

Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2014-05-03 klockan 08:23. Anledning: Fixing. Tack alla! :-)
    coloursatnight

Medlem DanielOlins avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

Those nails are fierce! Thumbs up!

My thoughts about your translation:

Shouldn't 'under belägring' be just plainly 'under siege'?
    'Jag ökar i volym' should be 'I increase in volume', which makes it ambiguous - maybe it is the singer who increases in volume and not someone who turns up the sound on the radio/stereo.
    'Ska jag dö här' should rather be 'will I die here' than 'should I die here'.
    And 'tänker alltid på mig själv' looks/sounds better as 'always thinking about myself' than 'always think about myself'.
    Very small corrections by feels worth to mention to capture the right feel of the wording.

And a question, isn't the word for 'hägring' in English 'mirage' also?

Edit: Oh, and also, 'sammanhangen' is plural so it should be 'the connections' and 'evigheten' is determined so it should be 'the eternity'.

Senast redigerat av DanielOlin den 2014-05-02 klockan 22:45.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Just about to fix a few things that were pointed out to me on twitter. And thanks Daniel for your amendments too.

The 'under seige' bit, I wrote 'during a siege' as it almost sounded like the person in the song was under siege if I wrote 'I left my country one night under a siege', I feel that during works better/ makes more sense.

And yes, the word 'mirage' is also 'mirage' in english (hägring), but I felt that the word illusion makes the reader (listener) think of the meaning of the work mirage.

I also missed out a bit of the last verse. That's what happens when I try and work at night. Sorry guys.

And thanks for the compliment about my nails
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2014-05-02 klockan 22:45.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Yerrr! Really happy to hear this and enjoy it. A new Kent album is always a great event even if not in Sweden!

First up, even with all the styles there are some songs that hit that classic Kent pop song tip. Godhet is so fucking amazing, the vocal combinations are some of the best I've ever heard, and that D-F chord change in the chorus is so simple but is so effortless. Instant classic. I already liked La Belle, and it seems like that is the whackiest of the tracks, but Allt har sin tid is also pretty rad with the half chilled half elektrosmash section. I love how it goes all ravey in the middle. Mirage is a brilliant way to open the album, seems like there is a hint of the Röd style going on there which is no bad thing, it almost feels like a sister of Musik Non Stop in some ways.

I usually take a while to warm up to slower songs, but Var är vi nu is one of my favourite songs of the album, really lovely lilting melody. I definitely agree that it is a really consistent piece. I was never quite as taken with JAIRFM for one reason and another, but that's cool you don't have to be in love with everything a band does. To me it seems like some similar ideas (musically) are much more fully formed here. I wasn't sure about Din enda vän but it sits perfectly where it does on the album. Den andra sidan is a really great way to end the album.

Overall I love the vocal layering and sound of the mix of light and dark elements as the album goes through. I always have this thing with Kent albums, it takes me many many listens to fully "get it" but I love how each listen reveals a layer. I got that feeling with my very favourite Kent records, and I have it now (the gift that keeps on giving right?! ) Really impressed and glad the guys are making music they obviously love.
    Senast redigerat av .namnlös den 2014-05-02 klockan 22:51.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

^^^^^

You said it much better than I managed to! (the first paragraph)

Ah, I just love the falsetto vocals on Mirage "tänker alltid på mig sjv"
    coloursatnight

Medlem DanielOlins avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    The 'under seige' bit, I wrote 'during a siege' as it almost sounded like the person in the song was under siege if I wrote 'I left my country one night under a siege', I feel that during works better/ makes more sense.

And yes, the word 'mirage' is also 'mirage' in english (hägring), but I felt that the word illusion makes the reader (listener) think of the meaning of the work mirage.
    Okay! Now that you explain how you thought, I totally agree with your choice!

Sidan 11 av 17 FörstaFörsta ... 234567891011121314151617 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •