Sidan 3 av 17 FörstaFörsta 12345678910111213 ... SistaSista
Resultat 31 till 45 av 245

Ämne: Tigerdrottningen & La Belle Epoque

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av .namnlös Visa inlägg
    That's what a bit of double tracking does for you!
    It's quadruple tracking- there's a post from Jocke which I'll translate shortly, he explains it in that!

Anyway, finally got a chance to sit down and listen to the song properly. It took a few plays, but yes, I love it! ♥♥♥ tack kent, ni gjörde det igen!
    coloursatnight

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

La Belle Epoque is a great song! Definitely different from what I expected, but that just makes it better!

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2002

Standard

First listen I said "no, I don't like it", but the more I listen to it, the more I like it. My only concern is: will I be able to listen to a whole album with this sound and this voice effects? Don't think so, but also don't expect this song to fully represent the album.
    Gulo Gulo lover forever!
    Maybe my brilliance shining through
    il disfattismo preserva l'integrità del setto nasale

Medlem tricksters avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2004

Standard

Been listening to the song all evening.
    At first that weird effect on Jocke's voice that sounded like a vocoder filter seemed weird (singing at least 2 Jockes singing but I later read his comments about how they did that).
    I also listened to double drums etc but all got explained by Jocke.

It is definitely a grower.
    I think I like it a lot!

I am slowly checking the lyrics too.
    Pretty awesome job.

This song gives me the feel that it should be an album opener.
    But judging from the begin, seems that there must be a lead in from a song before that (like Krossa Allt begins immediately after Taxmannen).
    ett perfekt substitut

Nybörjare ManInTheWhiteHats avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2011

Standard

I think it's definitely a song that grows listening to it...it's quite strange to hear 4 Jockes that sings together in a very Depeche Mode-like mode after a pure pop and bright album like the previous one, but this is one of the reason I love them most...you never know what you can expect from them.
    Vi var alla en gång små,
    vi ska alla en gång dö

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2011

Talking

And finally LBE will be released as a 7" single available in 1000 copies through the usual CDON and Bengans (for those outside Sweden)

NEXT STEP... TOUR DATES

Medlem Diephers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2011

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Corrado Cigna Visa inlägg
    And finally LBE will be released as a 7" single available in 1000 copies through the usual CDON and Bengans (for those outside Sweden)

NEXT STEP... TOUR DATES
    But not before releasing the Album, or not?

Medlem tricksters avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2004

Standard

Release date April 12th
    Not listed anymore on cdon and I dont see it on Bengans.
    Might have been sold out.
    www.ginza.se has copies but doesnt ship to all countries.
    ett perfekt substitut

Nybörjare Seb78s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2013

Standard

Meanwhile I got to hear "la belle epoque" a few times...indeed listening to it while I'm writing this. It sounds different to the last record, not that much uplifting. And I have to admit that I'm not heavily into that song by now...although I am a huge Depeche Mode-fan as someone mentioned them as a reference few osts before mine...

Fo me the great melodies define KENT's style. So I was hoping for that....but as there's more tracks to come, I'm still looking forward.

BTW - I haven't read anything about what is going to happen with the Songs that do not make it onthe Album - will there be a Special Edition or something like that?
    Senast redigerat av Seb78 den 2014-03-17 klockan 13:44.
    "music speaks where words fail."

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Seb78 Visa inlägg
    BTW - I haven't read anything about what is going to happen with the Songs that do not make it onthe Album - will there be a Special Edition or something like that?
    Hi Seb, kent tweeted a few days ago that they were deliberating about whether to have 10 or 11 songs on the album, as that they were so good and that it was a difficult descision. I'm guessing they originally had planned 10 songs, but an 11th song felt/feels too good to cut out.

On the subject of the non-album songs, I think we can safely say they won't be b-sides. Jocke has commented both on here and on twitter that b-sides no long really exist now (since the decrease in cd single format releases). The new album listing on Swedish music store websites show a digipack release and a vinyl release. Jag är inte rädd för mörkret was both a normal cd jewel case release and the digipack release (+ a vinyl release). There was no difference in the musical content, just that the digipack version had more gold Egyptian symbols/ artwork on the inner cardboard case. I also noticed that the price was usually 10kr higher in the shops too for that version. Probably to account for the higher manufacturing costs.

We were lucky that with JÄIRFM, kent gave us the free download of Ett år utan sommar. Maybe (and this is just a maybe!) that was a track that the band loved, but which never made it to the final album cut, and the band felt was too good just to lie in their vault.

While I'm here, the band commented on twitter last night that this is final week of mixing for the album. 6 weeks this Wednesday is the release date.
    coloursatnight

Standard

For those of you who don't follow Kent on Twitter, or check the homepage for news, the band just posted this.
    Þú söngst til mín svo hljótt...

Nybörjare Seb78s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2013

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Hi Seb, kent tweeted a few days ago that they were deliberating about whether to have 10 or 11 songs on the album, as that they were so good and that it was a difficult descision. I'm guessing they originally had planned 10 songs, but an 11th song felt/feels too good to cut out.

On the subject of the non-album songs, I think we can safely say they won't be b-sides. Jocke has commented both on here and on twitter that b-sides no long really exist now (since the decrease in cd single format releases). The new album listing on Swedish music store websites show a digipack release and a vinyl release. Jag är inte rädd för mörkret was both a normal cd jewel case release and the digipack release (+ a vinyl release). There was no difference in the musical content, just that the digipack version had more gold Egyptian symbols/ artwork on the inner cardboard case. I also noticed that the price was usually 10kr higher in the shops too for that version. Probably to account for the higher manufacturing costs.

We were lucky that with JÄIRFM, kent gave us the free download of Ett år utan sommar. Maybe (and this is just a maybe!) that was a track that the band loved, but which never made it to the final album cut, and the band felt was too good just to lie in their vault.

While I'm here, the band commented on twitter last night that this is final week of mixing for the album. 6 weeks this Wednesday is the release date.

Thanks for helping me out!

Now they revealed the title and the track names....I love when the tension rises....
    "music speaks where words fail."

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Ok, so the title of the album is....

Tigerdrottningen (The tiger queen)

and the song titles are:

Mirage
    Var är vi nu? - Where are we now?
    Skogarna - The forests
    La Belle Epoque
    Svart snö - Black snow
    Allt har sin tid (I think 'sin'- hard to read) - Everything has its time
    Innan himmlen faller ner - Before the sky falls down
    Din enda vän - Your only friend
    Godhet - Goodness
    Simmarero/ Simmaren- The swimmer
    Den andra sidan- The other side

(a small note says this might not be the final running order.)

Tigerdrottningen.jpg

The notebook that's in the photo shows some lovely, lovely drawings- which I guess Jocke drew. I'd love to see more of his work!
    The image of the woman on the righthand side says 'cover skiss' - cover sketch. Can we then assume that the cover is a photo (since they were photographing the cover a few weeks ago) of a woman dressed like the sketch?

Love the title of this album. Very poetic.

Can one of the mods please change the name of the thread to include the album title now?
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2014-03-19 klockan 12:43. Anledning: spelling
    coloursatnight

Medlem DanielOlins avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Simmarero- ?
    I'm 99% sure the title reads Simmaren - The Swimmer.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av DanielOlin Visa inlägg
    I'm 99% sure the title reads Simmaren - The Swimmer.
    Thanks Daniel!

I thought so too on first glance, but then thought there was an accent above the e, but Simmaren would really make more sense. Any refernce to the Burt Lancaster film, I wonder?
    coloursatnight

Sidan 3 av 17 FörstaFörsta 12345678910111213 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •