Resultat 1 till 2 av 2

Ämne: Translated Messages from Jocke - from the old forum

Webmaster henriks avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2002

Standard Translated Messages from Jocke - from the old forum

This is a thread from the old forum that I just found after a request by Utomjording.

/ Henke

Topic: Translated Messages from Jocke
    Topic author: vodkapuddle
    Subject: Translated Messages from Jocke
    Posted on: 26 Sep 2005 04:54:37
    Let's not make this too complicated. I can promise to try and update Jocke's comments whenever I face one, and I don't think it's too difficult to give some background, since I myself find it useful to practice translations as well.

So, his most recent post. A bloke was analysing the matter of the lacking b-sides on Den döda vinkeln, thinking for example of the single Kevlarsjäl. When it was released Kent were busy promoting and touring in Usa, so they had no time to record any b-sides for that, but there were Martin's mixes of Quiet heart and Just like money. So this bloke asks, why there hasn't been something similar done now?

And Jocke's reply goes something like this [I really think these should be posted as direct as possible:]

In the beginning Den döda vinkeln was considered as a radio single only. Meaning that it would be released for playing it in radios but not for commercial selling. And then someone from the record company thought that maybe, maybe it could be released even though there's only one song. And whoos, it was on sale in stores before anyone asked us first.
    So that's why there are no b-sides.
    Ok?

Originally Posted by -valpuri in another topic

Replies:
    Reply author: Suzzie
    Replied on: 01 Oct 2005 11:10:41
    A little later in the same topic...

We have complete control of everything we do creatively, but it can hard to have a finger in on all decisions, all the time.
    Especially if large parts of the orchestra is away.
    No one was pissed off because of this, but it felt a little pointless to release it to stores.
    We had already told BMG/Sony that we didn’t have any more songs of b-sidecharacter from “the DOJD sessions”
    We’ve used all “finished” songs that were left this time.
    Left from DOJD are a lot of sketches, but nothing you want to mess with now (Feels a little used).
    The new songs that we have we don’t feel like recording during a weekend just because there “has to be” three songs on a single.
    They are sort of worth a better fate than a stressful twodayrace in Bunkern.
    Nothing we have said has been run over.
    We always have and always will have the final word.
    You can probably see it as more of a communicationglitch this time.
    This is nothing that will make me lay sleepless during the fall.
    I have way too much new fantastic things going on!

(For those of you who don’t know. Bunkern is short for Psykbunkern which is the name of kents studio. )

Reply author: nousername
    Replied on: 01 Oct 2005 11:28:08
    so that's the case... thanks for all of your kind translation to let foreign fans know what happened to the Den döda vinkeln single.

Reply author: Suzzie
    Replied on: 01 Oct 2005 11:41:48
    no problem here's some more..
    These are all in the same thread as the ones above.

Someone replied saying they have a Source who knows what the “New fantastic things” that Jocke’s got going on is.

Jocke’s reply:
    Your “source”?
    Who?
    Deepthroat?

Jocke is told to search through his bathrooms to look for hidden tape recorders in the toilet brushes.

Jocke’s reply:
    I check all toilet-brushes at least six or seven times a day.
    I also check wall mirrors, lamps and carpets.
    It’s not free to be a schizophrenic paranoiaking.
    It costs to be at the bottom!

Another reply:
    I have bling-bling toilet brushes in all the limousines I own.
    And nine or ten per apartment (New York, Florence,Rom,Saint Tropez,Paris,London+ a few more that I’ve forgotten where they are)
    Get how many toilet brushes there are for me to keep track on.
    Shit, I’m starting to sound like Seth Cohen.

The topic of the thread changes into a discussion on TV-shows and the OC.

Jockes reply:
    Seriously, Dr Gaius in new battlestar Galactica and Al swearengen in Deadwood.
    How brilliant aren’t those characters.
    The time of the DVD-box is here.

Reply author: Kira87
    Replied on: 01 Oct 2005 21:08:39
    Oh, thanks so much for the translations! I almost understood everything already when I read Jocke's comments in Swedish, but now I can be sure that I've understood them rightly.

Reply author: things she said
    Replied on: 02 Oct 2005 08:25:26
    Jocke seems so funny in this post.I dont know if it was intended to be funny but I had to have a laugh. Nice to get a more positive view of him. My Swedish friends all say such nasty things when they find out im a Kent fan Im sure they are all just jealous

Reply author: -valpuri
    Replied on: 02 Oct 2005 11:40:31
    Though Jocke's comment was short, I still find it funny enough to get translated.

Folk are chatting about U2 and especially how much their song called Kite [from All that you can't leave behind] seems to be like Mannen i den vita hatten [I personally can't really see that too much]. Jocke's only comment to this is:

"Have never even heard Kite."

Naturally, this has gained reactions like "shame on you, Jocke" or "I thought you like U2"...

Replied on: 02 Oct 2005 12:38:34
    Hehe.. its been awhile since ive heard it. Jocke's own music is so great.. he need not bother with anything else lol. I am relaxing with Vintervilla right now... the man is a genius .

Reply author: utomjording
    Replied on: 02 Oct 2005 14:12:28
    quote:Originally posted by things she said

Jocke seems so funny in this post.I dont know if it was intended to be funny but I had to have a laugh. Nice to get a more positive view of him. My Swedish friends all say such nasty things when they find out im a Kent fan Im sure they are all just jealous
    He's often funny and sarcastic in his posts here.

Reply author: blade
    Replied on: 02 Oct 2005 20:33:12
    Thank you for translations again and again...
    unfortunately, our tv does not show anything about Kent. But I like them very much, and I'm interested in everything, what Kent have ever said

Replied on: 02 Oct 2005 23:27:30
    Well utomjording.. maybe his sarcasm is being taken by others ( with no sense of humour) the wrong way and this is why they tell me the things they do. They just dont understand sarcasm or him..:P I think he seems to have a funny personality.

Reply author: utomjording
    Replied on: 03 Oct 2005 12:42:07
    quote:Originally posted by things she said

Well utomjording.. maybe his sarcasm is being taken by others ( with no sense of humour) the wrong way and this is why they tell me the things they do. They just dont understand sarcasm or him..:P I think he seems to have a funny personality.
    People who don't like kent tend to think that the kent guys are sad people who spend all their time thinking about suicide. It's because of their music and because they rarely smile on pictures, I guess. But people who have watched the kent documentary can see that kent aren't that sad all the time.

Reply author: Lil Glorf Boy
    Replied on: 03 Oct 2005 13:27:03
    I thought I'd give you a translation of the latest message.

He wrote: Troligt att vi skulle spela på en gitarr bara för att Luthman vill det.
    Skulle ALDRIG hända.
    Vem vill spela på en Gibson anyway?

Likely that we'd play on a guitarr just because Luthman wants it.
    Would NEVER happen.
    Who wants to play on a Gibson anyway?

Reply author: SashaMUC
    Replied on: 03 Oct 2005 15:01:49
    quote:Originally posted by -valpuri

Though Jocke's comment was short, I still find it funny enough to get translated.

Folk are chatting about U2 and especially how much their song called Kite [from All that you can't leave behind] seems to be like Mannen i den vita hatten [I personally can't really see that too much]. Jocke's only comment to this is:

"Have never even heard Kite."

Naturally, this has gained reactions like "shame on you, Jocke" or "I thought you like U2"...

Who thinks that MIDVH sounds like U2's Kite? Must be some kind of joke. The only song which has somewhat similar dynamics as MVTVH on that album is "Beautiful Day." However, even here the songs are too different to talk about the borrowing of ideas...

After U2's aweful "How To Dismantle..." album it's not a wonder that they aren't listened to that much any more...

Reply author: Tuuli
    Replied on: 03 Oct 2005 19:40:31
    Jocke seems to be very smart and very good with words as we already know through his excellent lyrics. Nice to see him writing again. It always makes me happy to see his comments – even if they are short sometimes – just to know that he has been here like we "ordinary" people.

Replied on: 04 Oct 2005 11:11:03
    quote: It's because of their music and because they rarely smile on pictures

Yes this is what my friend Caroline in Malmö says,,, that "he would die or his face would crack off if he ever smiled"

quote:After U2's aweful "How To Dismantle..." album it's not a wonder that they aren't listened to that much any more.

Oh I know... it was utter crap and this is coming from a huge long time U2 fan. I almost feel sorry for The Edge, Larry and Adam, the lord only knows what those poor guys are thinking. I was expecting a somewhat Punk cd after what Bono said. Same thing has been chatted about a dozen or so times at my Depeche Mode forum.

Replied on: 04 Oct 2005 11:29:19
    I love the latest U2 album. I think it draws a lot on Boy and War but with more inspiration from Joshua Tree as well. Not sure why you feel sorry for The Edge, Larry and Adam? The Edge especially has been very much involved in the guitar driven tracks of this album.

Replied on: 04 Oct 2005 13:02:44
    Because... Bono doesnt seem very dedicated to the band anymore. He seems to spend alot of time doing other things which is ok,but the lyrics are suffering. I dont mean that Edge's playing is bad because he is as fantastic as ever.. as are Larry and Adam. I was just let down by this cd... it seems to be a bunch of political B.S. Im not the only fan that feels this way, if you found something enjoyable out of it.. thats great.

Reply author: -valpuri
    Replied on: 04 Oct 2005 14:38:22
    In my opinion U2 has always been about politics. Global, national, personal - but still.

I suppose The Edge, Adam and Larry would have some sort of side projects if they were unsatisfied and wanted to be something else than U2 too. Bono seems to have a huge dedication in politics, but he wouldn't have the authority unless he was rock star too and firstly.

What the heck, I know nothing. I just listen to their music and like it.

Replied on: 04 Oct 2005 22:06:46
    Side projects are great. However I feel if the side projects become more important than the band than just break up. Don't force a CD they worked half ass on down our throats and expect the masses of fans to just buy it because it's U2. I used to buy every cd they had coming out on release date... this was the first I didnt.

Replied on: 05 Oct 2005 10:59:06
    Well, that's just to bad for you. I loved this latest album and thought it was a great improvement from "All that you can't leave behind". It's not a "half ass" album, U2 never does anything half arsed, it may be your opinion just because you don't like it but to call their work "half ass" is just lame and simply not true.

Latest message from Jocke Berg:
    Du är Ånga gick under den tveksamma benämningen "Vildsvines Avfärd".
    Våldsamt Våld kom nog inte med.

"You are steam" went under the doubtful name of "Vildsvines Avfärd". "Violent Violence" probably didn't make it.

Reply author: vodkapuddle
    Replied on: 05 Oct 2005 16:09:01
    Thank for you the translations, But I think rather than just translating Jockes Messages... Maybe you could also provide us with the context?

Replied on: 05 Oct 2005 16:23:05
    I could do but it's somewhat hard to summerize entire threads because he usually makes comments related to long discussions in threads. The latest quote is from the discussion about what song had the working name of "Violent Violence".

Reply author: vodkapuddle
    Replied on: 05 Oct 2005 18:42:08
    quote:Originally posted by Lil Glorf Boy

The latest quote is from the discussion about what song had the working name of "Violent Violence".

I think a brief summary like this works just fine! Thanks very much

© 2002-2007 Kent.nu
    Lid för konsten eller brinn.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

Cool. Thanks a lot. This has been, as the brittish would say, a gas.

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •