Sidan 3 av 3 FörstaFörsta 123
Resultat 31 till 42 av 42

Ämne: Kent Box

Medlem Marishkas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2007

Standard

I looooooooooooove the box!!! ~love it!~

The interviews are great! hehe And nice pics.
    and last but not least it's looking veeeeeeeeeery noble

LOVE IT!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    History knows no conjunctive!

Standard

I'm reading the booklet now, can't stop laughing!
    Fuck, fuck, fuckety fuck. Bugger, fuck... ...and tits!

Medlem Marishkas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Sorrow Visa inlägg
    I'm reading the booklet now, can't stop laughing!
    Yes, I can affirm that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    History knows no conjunctive!

Medlem sakermansers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    I expected a bigger package with full plastic cd covers rather than paper / cardboard. Nonetheless, I love it and I'm happy!
    I thought it would be quite large too which is why I shipped it to my home address instead of my temp one to save me from having to pack it up and carry it around with me and risk damaging it when I eventually move back...but from the pictures it looks to be quite compact *sigh*.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I recieved the box over christmas, and I love it. 'håll ditt huvud högt' sounds amazing (I hope this leads to more "official" kent live stuff being released).

anyway, for the last couple of weeks, I've been reading and translating the text from the book. I'm no master of swedish, but I'd guess I have about 90-95% correct enough to make it understandable. I know a few people here can understand swedish, and a few can't, so if you want to know what a page says, just ask me here. I'll reply with a paraphrased version of the text (sorry, I really can't do every page, I've 10 double-sided A4 hand written pages of text, it would take me forever to type all that up).

I don't have the book to hand at the moment, but here's an example:

"there's a pic of jocke, martin and markus sitting on the floor with a drumkit behind them" the picture is titled ".........." (and this is where my mind has went blank! something about a studio, Eskilstune -91)

and I'll reply with something like:

this is their first time in a proper studio. jocke thinks they look about 14 years old. martin points out to markus the gold chain he's wearing, and marcus replies with "a little bling".

sometimes the text refers to something in the photos on the same/facing page, sometimes it doesn't.

and if anyone wants to help me with parts of the text I'm stuck at, please feel free!

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I recieved the box over christmas, and I love it. 'håll ditt huvud högt' sounds amazing (I hope this leads to more "official" kent live stuff being released).

anyway, for the last couple of weeks, I've been reading and translating the text from the book. I'm no master of swedish, but I'd guess I have about 90-95% correct enough to make it understandable. I know a few people here can understand swedish, and a few can't, so if you want to know what a page says, just ask me here. I'll reply with a paraphrased version of the text (sorry, I really can't do every page, I've 10 double-sided A4 hand written pages of text, it would take me forever to type all that up).

I don't have the book to hand at the moment, but here's an example:

"there's a pic of jocke, martin and markus sitting on the floor with a drumkit behind them" the picture is titled ".........." (and this is where my mind has went blank! something about a studio, Eskilstune -91)

and I'll reply with something like:

this is their first time in a proper studio. jocke thinks they look about 14 years old. martin points out to markus the gold chain he's wearing, and marcus replies with "a little bling".

sometimes the text refers to something in the photos on the same/facing page, sometimes it doesn't.

and if anyone wants to help me with parts of the text I'm stuck at, please feel free!

Dunno if the translating plan is still on-going? Recently i got informed from the local sony record staff that we would get our regional release of the box, but sadly there's still no english translation of the 96 page booklet.

Actually the pre-order is quite good that all available copies have been sold out. and sony taiwan just got more box imquirement from other record stores. dunno if the great box sale can convince the record company to do the translation for the booklet...

ps. The box order link:
    http://www.books.com.tw/exep/cdfile.php?item=0020131650
    Senast redigerat av firth den 2009-03-21 klockan 20:26.

Standard

Isn't it sad that "mannen i den vita hatten" doesn't exist in it's extended version? Like one of the best songs kent's done and it's extended version is only available on live konserts... I would be so glad if they could take the time to record it in a studio

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av firth Visa inlägg
    Dunno if the translating plan is still on-going? Recently i got informed from the local sony record staff that we would get our regional release of the box, but sadly there's still no english translation of the 96 page booklet.
    My translation is very rough, and probably isn't anywhere near good enough for anyone but myself to read it! I'm not fluent in Swedish, but with the help of my big dictionary (and 4 years of lessons) I can understand most of the text. What I'm trying to say is i have the gist (or is that the jist?) of what is written, but sometimes it's not very well translated, or I can't understand or translate parts at all.

As I said, I'm quite happy to give a summary of what's on some of the pages, I had started translating so that I could learn a bit more about kent (since I only discovered them in 2005), but thought it would be nice to offer it other non-swedes in here.

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    My translation is very rough, and probably isn't anywhere near good enough for anyone but myself to read it! I'm not fluent in Swedish, but with the help of my big dictionary (and 4 years of lessons) I can understand most of the text. What I'm trying to say is i have the gist (or is that the jist?) of what is written, but sometimes it's not very well translated, or I can't understand or translate parts at all.

As I said, I'm quite happy to give a summary of what's on some of the pages, I had started translating so that I could learn a bit more about kent (since I only discovered them in 2005), but thought it would be nice to offer it other non-swedes in here.
    Thank you!!!! Then would bother you giving the kind translation here!! *looking forward*

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

firth

Unforunately, I don't have time to do a typed translation of the whole book, but if there's a few pages (or photos) which look interesting, let me know which ones and I'll happily translate those for you.

stjärnor

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Really sorry for digging up an old thread, but I though it would be best to post in this thread rather than make a new one. (and the above offer of 'rough' translations of parts of the book still stands)

At the weekend, I'd picked up my notebook that had the translation of the book text and started reading some of it again, and at the very end of the text in the book, in the section called 'örnar & björnar' (eagles & bears), where they're talking about recording TTS in Alliare Studios in NY, Jocke says about one of the songs from TTS:
    "You hear a November storm which threatened to blow in the glass windows of the studio. The producer Jon Schumann set up a microphone and captured the wind on tape"

This puzzled me, I couldn't recall hearing any wind on any of the songs from TTS, so last night I sat down and listened to the album again. It didn't take long for me to find the wind- at the very end of Ingenting, the noise I thought was traffic, is actually the wind! Wow, it must've been pretty hellish weather that night!

ETA- forgot to say, you can also hear the wind in Vid din sida, around 2.30-3 minutes in.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2010-09-02 klockan 19:27.
    coloursatnight

Nybörjare Too-tickis avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2010

Standard

I can also probably rough out bits of the booklet. I definitely understood it without too much effort but actually translating is a lot trickier, of course.

Sidan 3 av 3 FörstaFörsta 123

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •