Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12
Resultat 16 till 22 av 22

Ämne: Kentfans map!

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SirNoodle Visa inlägg
    What a great story (yes, I've read it completely, with all spoilers). And what great stamina to learn Swedish. I can recognise various elements from your Kent-discovery journey, and I once played with the idea of learning Swedish as well, but I simply could not put the effort into it. I only know bits and phrases, reading only, and I get by with translations of lyrics to get a feeling for the lyrics. And for the rest I just focus mostly on the music and consider Jokke's voice as 1 of the instruments.

I read your Swedish message in the sports topic, about being proud as a Hungarian (I'm Belgium, we were the other team in that lovely game, we build big expectations on that and typically Belgian, we destroyed those expectations immediately in the following match against Wales). And that looked very Swedish to me, the google translate worked perfectly on it to understand it

Anyway: I'm just really amazed and in admiration on the effort you've put into learning Swedish.
    Thank you! I also consider Jocke's voice as one of the instruments, despite being able to understand the lyrics.

Belgium's football team was significantly better than ours, that was clearly visible. We still have a long way to go to be able to compete with you. I am still very proud of our guys, compared to what awful state our football team has been in here for years, their performance was fantastic. Even if Iceland and Wales outshone Hungary, I do think that this team is the best we have ever had in my lifetime. My only gripe is that my favourite player spent very little time on the field, I would have liked to see more of him.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Fast Forward Visa inlägg
    Amazing story! You have an admirable stamina and patience to learn Swedish, it seems - very impressive! And I stand by my earlier statement; I looked through some of your posts written in Swedish (just out of curiosity) and it can easily pass as written by any native Swede.

I understand of course that it is easier in writing, when you have the time and resources to verify that everything is correct before posting it. But still, very impressive! Grammatically there aren't many errors, only detail I could notice though is that maybe some phrases/expressions here and there are a bit complicated/long. But mastering that is something I guess you can only learn by time and experience (such as being raised with the language for example).

If I look at a lot of people here in Sweden, most of them younger (I should add - I'm in my mid-20's), there are far more errors and mistakes in their writing than in yours. I've always been good with languages in school (not that I have found it very interesting, I guess I just happen to be good at it), and I also studied a year at the university here. There I found very few who could actually write a really decent text without a shitload of errors and mistakes. It surprised me, as I don't understand how the knowledge of one's own native language can be so low, and seem to have deteriorated so much just over these past few years. I felt it was honestly quite emabarrassing to see people master their own language so poorly in such an educated place as the university...

Anyway, my rant about my fellow Swedes and their poor language skills is over (I suspect my grammar nazism won't be, though)!

Just keep practicing and speaking (when you get the chance) and I'm sure you'll master your Swedish gallantly!
    Thanks! Actually, I do not do much review of what I have written to the forums, I read it through once when I have posted it and go back to correct any errors I notice. I usually think it out in Swedish and do not translate back and forth, but my Hungarian is clearly rubbing off on it. We do use more complicated and longer sentences typically. When I started reading in Swedish, I found it strange that even adult books had often "simple" sentences, at least compared to what I'm used to.
    I can't really argue lack of time and experience anymore, not after I spent 8 years on and off trying to learn Swedish. I can only claim not living in a native enviroment, but that seems to be a meager excuse. It gives me even bad conscience that I have spent so many years on trying to learn Swedish and I'm still not there where I want to be. Quite honestly, I often feel like a failure because of it.

I experience the same deterioration of language here. I guess it's mostly carelessness, people cannot be bothered to reread and correct what they write. It probably has more to do with the internet, that written communication (i.e. chat) has become the same informal as spoken language. People are not used to giving a second thought and formulating their ideas more carefully when writing them down anymore. Also, everything is published immediately, you no longer sit around days and grubble about that awful spelling mistake you made in your first sentence that will surely prompt the reader to think you are dumb. Nowadays it's written and forgotten.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Kurvitz Visa inlägg
    @Jazzpurist, you mentioned "the black book we do not talk about." What is that?

(Nice story too, thanks.)
    It's the Sonic interview/articles book that kent does not acknowledge as a kent book and Martin even forbade his parents to read it. This one (the photo is not mine, mine is in a lot better condition):

227750670_b88c4ab0-c3f3-4c2c-bdc7-db31154d99b5.jpg

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jazzpurist Visa inlägg

It's the Sonic interview/articles book that kent does not acknowledge as a kent book and Martin even forbade his parents to read it. This one (the photo is not mine, mine is in a lot better condition):

227750670_b88c4ab0-c3f3-4c2c-bdc7-db31154d99b5.jpg

Ha ha, I have that! I won it when registering for the kentjunkie.com newsletter. The only thing I've ever won in my life. I'm still amazed I did, truth be told. The only article I understood was an english review of Isola that called them pathetic Radiohead imitators. It was hilarious.

They should release a book full of the worst reviews they've ever got. (Please, in an english translation too). It would be a very comforting thing to have, like a Bible.

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Kurvitz Visa inlägg
    Ha ha, I have that! I won it when registering for the kentjunkie.com newsletter. The only thing I've ever won in my life. I'm still amazed I did, truth be told. The only article I understood was an english review of Isola that called them pathetic Radiohead imitators. It was hilarious.

They should release a book full of the worst reviews they've ever got. (Please, in an english translation too). It would be a very comforting thing to have, like a Bible.
    It was one of the first books I've read in Swedish. It took me a whole weekend to read, I had to use the dictionary quite a lot. I've reread it a few times since then, so I can spew uninteresting kent facts if anyone asks. It's not a knowledge much in demand tho.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Love the story jazzpurist. You can use me as a reference point if you like. I came to Swedish totally new in 2008, exactly the same time.

To be honest, I feel kinda pathetic about how far I have come along with it. Yes I understand stuff, and I can write a bit but you should see the state of me trying to speak! Imagine looking through a forest and seeing little bits of sun coming through, and the sun is roughly how I hear Swedish. Little bits of light flickering through and a lot of dark

I used some books, and I am entirely self taught. The lack of regular practice is obviously a bit of a hindrance, but it's not an excuse. In order to become any good I would need 2 things I imagine. 1; regular practice on a consistent basis, and 2; probably to drop on of my other interests.

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2010

Standard

I added myself

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Finally got around to adding me to the map. I know there's at least 1 more in Glasgow (Corrado) and a guy I did Swedish classes with was also a fan.
    coloursatnight

Medlem sakermansers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Just added myself. Surely there are other Canadians on here?

Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •