Ämne: Best 'Foreign Language' Bands In The World

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Noir Désir, yes.

And from Sweden I also like Laleh.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    Noir Désir, yes.
    Apparently, their lead singer's murdered his girlfriend, saw it on some English newspaper.

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    Apparently, their lead singer's murdered his girlfriend, saw it on some English newspaper.
    Yep, but that didn't kill the music.

BTW, Bertrand Cantat, the lead singer, is being released tomorrow, according to a Dutch newspaper. And his girlfriend was the daughter of Jean-Louis Trintignant.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Standard

I'd like to revive this. I've never been able to find a good Swedish band that sings in Swedish other than kent or even a Scandinavian band (Sigur Ros don't count). There's sakert but she's more of a solo artist. Not indie or rock or anything.

There's some new band called Zekes but they sound bland. And there's Familjen I suppose but I'm not into hardcore electronica or whatever it's called.
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Erfaren medlem Kentinas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2005

Standard

I'd like to revive this. I've never been able to find a good Swedish band that sings in Swedish other than kent or even a Scandinavian band (Sigur Ros don't count). There's sakert but she's more of a solo artist. Not indie or rock or anything.

There's some new band called Zekes but they sound bland. And there's Familjen I suppose but I'm not into hardcore electronica or whatever it's called.
    I recommend Nina Rochelle.

Standard

BOB HUND, also a Swedish band performing in swedish. They also got a English based project though.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

I'd like to revive this. I've never been able to find a good Swedish band that sings in Swedish other than kent.
    Håkan Hellström is superb, though have to say you really get a better feel for him live - real feelgood stuff. In fact I almost enjoyed him more than Kent at the outdoor shows last summer !! Try his first album, from 2000, Känn Ingen Sorg För Mig Göteborg, or his latest, För Sent För Edelweiss.

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2007

Standard

I totally agree with sandcat when it comes to Håkan Hellström. Some might find his "målbrottsröst" annoying but I love it!

It was funny to realize that I could only think of Sigur Ros and Rammstein as "foreign language bands".. funny because I no longer seem to see Swedish as a foreign language

But for those of you who would like to hear some Finnish (that is, EVERYBODY, right?! ), I warmly recommend Samuli Putro. You just have to love his voice, even if you didn't understand the lyrics.. which by the way are great

This is the song I want people to hear at my funeral. It might not make sense if you don't know Finnish but it made me cry when I first heard it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yfxca-2BU0
    Du vet att du är svensk om du är rädd för att du inte ska få Ikea-katalogen om du tackar nej till direktreklam.

Standard

Yeah....but I was hoping for something more indie. Hakan Hellstrom and whoever else are solo artists at the end of the day aren't they.
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2007

Standard

Go and ask in the Swedish section for recommendations. I guess people who actually live in Sweden are more familiar with Swedish indie bands

And what's wrong with solo artists?
    Du vet att du är svensk om du är rädd för att du inte ska få Ikea-katalogen om du tackar nej till direktreklam.

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    Noir Désir, yes.

And from Sweden I also like Laleh.
    Big plus for Noir déz!
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2008

Standard

My friends laugh at me when I tell them I like Peter Jöback I only have one album, so I don't even know if I like most of his stuff.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Yeah....but I was hoping for something more indie. Hakan Hellstrom and whoever else are solo artists at the end of the day aren't they.
    You can't get more indie than Vapnet and Sibiria. As in indie-guitar-we-love-the-Smiths type indie. Jangly tunes and self-depricating lyrics. Saw the former in Helsingborg quite by chance last summer. About 30 people in this little club. Was brilliant. Legends!

And Håkan is a solo artist but tours with a big band (drums and percussion, two guitars, sax, keyboards) and I'd say has an indie sensiblity, whatever that is, in the same way you could argue Kent have, even though they're mass market in Scandiland and on Sony and don't even like the term. It's an attitude I think, how you look and what your songs are about and how you do things.

I'd also recommend Sambassadeur from Göteborg for great melodies, though they sing in English. In fact there are loads of English-Swedish indie bands, current and former - try the Labrador label or Hybris Records for a starter.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2003

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2009

Standard

Lots of hi-class artists try to perform in English but of course there're such bands like Kent or Rammstein who sing native languages.
    Beside Kent I'd highlighted Per Gessle who occasionally sings English but I prefer his Swedish solo albums - they are awesom!
    Also I like Die Fantastischen 4, Schiller, Falco (DE), Voo Voo (Poland), some local Ukrainian artists.

Sidan 2 av 3 FörstaFörsta 123 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •