Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    Uhhhhh huh.
    Yesyesyes.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Rotuhiiri Visa inlägg
    You can listen to a 30 sec clip of the b-side, "Förändring"/"Det kanske kommer en förändring" from the single here.
    Sounds promising.
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2005

Standard

Once again the new single is only available for legal download in Scandinavia. I am kind of surprises how Jocke starts a discussion about "the future of music" in this forum here asking for ideas and suggestions how bands can exist in the future despite the pirating of music and on the other hand they still go ahead with this "Scandinavia only" download policy. If Martin Roos can close a deal with Sony Ericsson for a Kent mobile phone he sure could arrange to get a new single to fans everywhere legally. This situation once again is making things worse. My only place to download the new single today is on some illegal site. I want to pay, I really do, but they just won't let me...

Medlem Marishkas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2007

Standard

Seems to be the same with some concert tickets for the past tour.
    ("only for scandinavia")
    kent are making it really hard to be a fan from outside of scandinavia...... :-\
    (though I'm not sure that it's all kents fault... there might be some other persons involved... maybe...)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    History knows no conjunctive!

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Marishka Visa inlägg
    Seems to be the same with some concert tickets for the past tour.
    ("only for scandinavia")
    kent are making it really hard to be a fan from outside of scandinavia...... :-\
    (though I'm not sure that it's all kents fault... there might be some other persons involved... maybe...)
    That's often the problem with huge bands when too many people are involved and the easiest things become very difficult to arrange. Still, I believe more important than closing a advertising deal with a mobile phone company would be making their music accessable to anyone who wants it anywhere at the same time.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av schmollywood Visa inlägg
    That's often the problem with huge bands when too many people are involved and the easiest things become very difficult to arrange. Still, I believe more important than closing a advertising deal with a mobile phone company would be making their music accessable to anyone who wants it anywhere at the same time.
    You are right. Would it be a rockband that just started, I could understand that their music isn't available everywhere, although it isn't the best thing to do. But in this case, there are thousends of KENTfans outside Scandinavia who want to download there music legally. Let us!

Medlem Marishkas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2007

Standard

My opinion! The thing with the mobile phone... well... okay, I don't need to have that, but for those who want: why not? Surely there are a lot of people outside scandinavia who want this too.

@ Marco:
    It's not only the newcomer ROCKbands ;-)
    I'm managing a newcomer band in the electronic genre, and it's always hard to promote the music somewhere. The problem is, that nowadays nearly nobody gives you a chance to do so. :-(
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Marishka Visa inlägg
    My opinion! The thing with the mobile phone... well... okay, I don't need to have that, but for those who want: why not? Surely there are a lot of people outside scandinavia who want this too.
    (
    I think you misunderstood. I am not talking about buying the mobile phone. not at all. It was just to show that KENT obviously are able to make clever business deals, but if it comes to distributing their music and doing something against us fans from other countries pirating their music their management fails obviously. They are unable to make it legally available at the same time for anybody just like a lot of other bands do nowadays and that sucks. On the other hand there is a whole philosophical discussion going on in the swedish part of this forum started by the band themselves about what to do so bands can still make money with music in the future. its kind of hypocritical in my humble opinion
    Senast redigerat av schmollywood den 2008-04-08 klockan 16:32.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2008

Standard

It seems that the new single isn't even available in the Finnish iTunes store... Nice.

Medlem Marishkas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2007

Standard

@Schmollywood:
    I know what you meant. I just spoke about me in this case ;-)
    And I totally agree with your opinion with this.

Standard

Listening to the new b-side...nice song. Reminds me of M. Very b-side in nature, wish they didn't drag it out to 5+ minutes. I could see why it wouldn't fit on Tillbaka Till Samtiden. The remix is great.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av schmollywood Visa inlägg
    Once again the new single is only available for legal download in Scandinavia. I am kind of surprises how Jocke starts a discussion about "the future of music" in this forum here asking for ideas and suggestions how bands can exist in the future despite the pirating of music and on the other hand they still go ahead with this "Scandinavia only" download policy. If Martin Roos can close a deal with Sony Ericsson for a Kent mobile phone he sure could arrange to get a new single to fans everywhere legally. This situation once again is making things worse. My only place to download the new single today is on some illegal site. I want to pay, I really do, but they just won't let me...
    I know how you feel. I too was trying my very best to pay for the download with various stores but couldn't and in the end got it illegally. I don't feel guilty about this because I've also ordered and paid for two copies of the CD (one to kick around and get played and scratched, one to live pristinely in my Kent box as I am very sad!) but I couldn't wait for those to come in the post - could be days yet all the way from Sweden. That's probably sad too as good things are worth waiting for etc, but when you know there's a fab, brand-new Kent song out there you can't wait! Now the band haven't lost out on anything here because I am one of those old-fashioned people who has to have a real, tangible CD to have and to hold, but if I was just into my downloads, like most youngsters seem to be these days, then I don't think I'd bother to try and seek it out legally anywhere once I had it - even if it suddenly magically became available. So then they would have lost out. And there must be many more people in that category than in mine!

What I'd really like to know though is who's making these decisions? Presumably it can't be the band as that would then make Jocke very hypocritical after his postings re downloading in the Swedish forum, and one thing I'm sure of with him is his musical integrity. But I've always thought they're a band who call the shots and then surely they'd say, make sure anyone who wants to pay for it can have it. It can't be difficult in this day and age, plenty of other people manage it - and if they can sell merchandise through this site why not music?

I know with the ticket situation, even right back on the 2005 tent tour some venues wouldn't let people outside Scandinavia buy tickets. That was the case for some gigs this winter too, and now for the summer ones. I got a ticket for Norrköping via the internet but can't buy one for Eskilstuna, Stockholm or Gothenburg without ringing up and spending more than the ticket price in bank transfers (so much for the EU as well!) That's obviously down to individual venues - but you'd think the band could have some say in that too.

It does annoy me because I can't see why it should be. Would be great if someone from the management could spare a few minutes to explain it to us so that I can understand and not get into a big strop like I inevitably will tomorrow morning when I try to buy a ticket for Helsingborg only to be told I'm not allowed to because I don't happen to live in Sweden. It shouldn't matter if you're an English Kent fan or a Swedish one - we're all just Kent fans really (it's just a lot harder to be an active one if you're not Swedish!) It's like some sort of racism - you can't have these things because you're English/American/Canadian/Bulgarian/Welsh or whatever and you're the ones who didn't want us back in 2002! Except I did then and do even more now, it wasn't me, it was the stupid record company people! Don't take it out on me!

But beyond all that nationality thing it's just short-sighted, if the band really are trying to maximise revenue. I'm sympathetic, having a friend who used to own a studio - note the word used to, it just ate up all his money even though it was quite a successful one - and also having friends with kids - now they're expensive! So Jocke, if you really want some ideas on how bands can exist in the future, how about: make your music available for anyone, anywhere to buy; make your gigs accessible to all (after all, the further away you come from the more likely you are to buy lots of merchandise!); televise a live show, or record it for future transmission, and release a live CD and DVD because so many people would buy them and you're so brilliant live there's no way it would disappoint (a musician friend of mine came to the Bergen gig and was raving about the sound - his word was 'perfect' - so there's no reason to worry about the quality); play some gigs outside your comfort zone, maybe at festivals which would be a lesser risk, to re-stimulate foreign interest and that lucrative foreign market; be more proactive on those social networking sites to further stimulate interest; more, different merchandise (I'd like a Kent messenger bag and a Kent iPod cover please ; and how about a Jocke Berg branded clothing line of glitter jeans, gold boots and Napoleon jackets... er... or maybe that's just my own fantasy!!

Sorry for such a long post but this subject has been kicking round the forum for a while and I feel very strongly about it and haven't had the time till now to post anything on it, so had a lot to get off my chest!

Standard

I dunno...the best live? I'd probably fall asleep after seeing kent play for an hour and a half on my tv with a dvd. I'm not saying they're bad live, I'd love to see them live but on dvd it would be quite boring.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    I dunno...the best live? I'd probably fall asleep after seeing kent play for an hour and a half on my tv with a dvd. I'm not saying they're bad live, I'd love to see them live but on dvd it would be quite boring.
    Not if Jocke's wearing the glitter pants

Seriously, they truly rock live, if you like the records then live they have so much more energy. And honestly, if you think Keane live are good (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) then Kent would blow you away!

Medlem Marishkas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2007

Standard

Indeed. Kent are a really good live band!!! (seen so in Örebro in march )
    BUT: I'm not sure if a DVD is able to convey the athmosphere of the concerts.

kent is a band you have to see on stage, listen to their CDs and if they shall release a DVD it's great, and I will - of course - buy it!

@ sandcat: but these glitter pants are not that sexy :P

Sidan 6 av 6 FörstaFörsta 123456

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •