Sidan 4 av 20 FörstaFörsta 1234567891011121314 ... SistaSista
Resultat 46 till 60 av 299

Ämne: Songs You Have To Hear!!

Standard

That Typical video's pretty good, nice song too.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Radiohead - 15 Step and the entire "In Rainbows" release. Love that business model of purchasing directly from the artist. Hope it'll be successful. Who needs record companies nowadays?

Standard

No, it's being blown out of proportion. Band's can do nothing without record companies. Radiohead are one of the few bands in the world that can do that along with maybe U2, Coldplay, etc and still make enough profit without problem.
    Here's an excert I remember reading from an interview with Scottish band Idlewild and their lead singer Roddy Woomble:

"This whole new Radiohead album story has caused a bit of a major stir round these parts, so much so that the shopkeeper who sells me milk and newspapers everyday asked me what I thought about it.
    And, what do I think about it? Well I think it's good for Radiohead, if you're in the position to record an album in your own studio and have the infrastructure set up around you to allow you to release it yourselves, cutting out the middle man, selling as many copies as you would have before and making much more of a profit - I think that's what almost every band dreams of. Unfortunately there's only about ten bands in the world that could do this on this scale successfully. Most people simply don't have the capital, or facility, and giving away music free just means not making any money from it. And everyone deserves a living."

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg

"This whole new Radiohead album story has caused a bit of a major stir round these parts, so much so that the shopkeeper who sells me milk and newspapers everyday asked me what I thought about it.
    And, what do I think about it? Well I think it's good for Radiohead, if you're in the position to record an album in your own studio and have the infrastructure set up around you to allow you to release it yourselves, cutting out the middle man, selling as many copies as you would have before and making much more of a profit - I think that's what almost every band dreams of. Unfortunately there's only about ten bands in the world that could do this on this scale successfully. Most people simply don't have the capital, or facility, and giving away music free just means not making any money from it. And everyone deserves a living."
    I completely agree. And this I do as a musician myself. Bands make music. Kids with guitars, however talented, have no chance of reaching the public without the connections of record companies. Musicians need not be businessmen and PR people as well. Making music and performing takes it`s time and effort. Running around with a hands-free device and an I-Book for 14 hours a day like a yuppie idiot doesn't quite fit the frame. Giving away free is just a marketing angle and it fits well for certain bands at a certain stage of their career. A lethal blow to the recording industry this is not. It just acts to broaden the possibilities of this industry. And although this is good, I can`t help but get the feeling that Radiohead are brilliant marketers and business pioneers. Anarchist visionaries they are not.

If a little known band would just record and give away digitally they would remain in obscurity forever.

Medlem sojkinos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Anke Visa inlägg
    Spleen United - Streetfighter
    Nice one!
    Hur kan ett gott skratt förlänga livet
    när tiden går fort när man har roligt?

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Kent - Columbus Sensational! Just keeps on growing like the entire album...

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

I would say the whole CD. KENT - Tillbaka till samtiden.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Erfaren medlem loveavtrycks avatar
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

im hoping that the song ingenting coming to english i be loving that song then i promise that be me favorite song so i hope it come in english i love the language english and i will be betteer than am already ar i am best now but i want better

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Kent - Columbus Sensational!
    Yeah, I agree, for me it's one of the highlights on TTS so far.

My suggestion: The National - Gospel, taken from their album 'Boxer', released last May. In fact, that whole album is just bliss.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Radiohead - 15 Step and the entire "In Rainbows" release. Love that business model of purchasing directly from the artist. Hope it'll be successful. Who needs record companies nowadays?
    It's good stuff. So is the new Foo Fighters CD. I want the new Louis XIV NOW! I must go to Target and pick it up when it drops.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

The Hives - The Black And White Album

Standard

The Hives always dissapoint me. I like Tick Tick Boom though, maybe a couple other tracks on that album.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Glad you like at least parts of the album...

Die Ärzte - Junge http://youtube.com/watch?v=egT6zjqC76Q

Avstängd användare
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2006

Standard

Hi all,

My name is Pete Cole and manage/promote a UK based band called {satellite-state} that play uplifting and moving tunes in the mould of Kent, Coldplay, U2, Doves etc.. Please have a listen to their tunes @ http://www.myspace.com/satellitestatemusic and let me know what you think - all comments/feedback welcome!

Cheers,

Pete
    http://www.myspace.com/satellitestatemusic
    http://www.satellitestate.com

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Nautilus Visa inlägg
    Yeah, I agree, for me it's one of the highlights on TTS so far.

My suggestion: The National - Gospel, taken from their album 'Boxer', released last May. In fact, that whole album is just bliss.
    You're absolutely right. I can't wait to see them live in November!

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    It's good stuff. So is the new Foo Fighters CD. I want the new Louis XIV NOW! I must go to Target and pick it up when it drops.
    The EP is out on iTunes. It sounds great even though it features a remake of Queen's "Flash"!?

Citat Ursprungligen postat av petecole Visa inlägg
    Hi all,

My name is Pete Cole and manage/promote a UK based band called {satellite-state} that play uplifting and moving tunes in the mould of Kent, Coldplay, U2, Doves etc.. Please have a listen to their tunes @ http://www.myspace.com/satellitestatemusic and let me know what you think - all comments/feedback welcome!

Cheers,

Pete
    http://www.myspace.com/satellitestatemusic
    http://www.satellitestate.com
    Promising band. Get them on the next Kent tour!

Sidan 4 av 20 FörstaFörsta 1234567891011121314 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •