Resultat 1 till 12 av 12

Ämne: What would you ask Jocke if you met him?

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Talking What would you ask Jocke if you met him?

Just in case you bump into your favorite rock star (yes there are lots of other titles one could select) unexpectedly, it would help to be prepared. What would you ask Jocke without molesting him at what he's doing at the given moment?

Personally, I would first congratulate him on releasing the soundtrack of my life in the last decade as well as performing some of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Then I would like to know what the hell happend with the English version of Vapen & Ammunition, if there will ever be an English Kent release again and why he doesn't tour in Germany anymore.

Time permitting I would love to know the deeper meaning of some of his lyrics.

Maybe I would reveal some interesting observations I made watching numerous Kent live performances.

Having gotten all of my information I would promise not to post it in the forum and pay for his drink.

Wishful thinking indeed...

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

I think most of us will be flabbergasted and not able to say a thing .
    I would invite him over for a stay at my place, let him see how beautiful our country is, go hiking/wandering around. Oh yes, ofcourse we would go for a drink.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Now you have a chance without worrying about blushing, swooning or appearing like a tongue-tied teenager, as the "Ask Kent" online feature is back while they're in the studio... and I noticed one person had asked whether the new album will be in Swedish, and they replied "Svengelska" ... what could that mean? Discuss!

Medlem Marishkas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sandcat Visa inlägg
    Now you have a chance without worrying about blushing, swooning or appearing like a tongue-tied teenager, as the "Ask Kent" online feature is back while they're in the studio... and I noticed one person had asked whether the new album will be in Swedish, and they replied "Svengelska" ... what could that mean? Discuss!
    Honestly I don't have any idea what I could ask... I don't want to come up with stupid qustions and everything that comes to the new CD shall be a surprise for me.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    History knows no conjunctive!

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Then I would like to know what the hell happend with the English version of Vapen & Ammunition, if there will ever be an English Kent release again and why he doesn't tour in Germany anymore.
    Word on the English V&A. Tour the US AGAIN! I'd ask him to never make another album like the last one, too.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Standard

I would BEG him to make an English album from the ground up - the English versions of Hagnesta and Isola weren't very good anyway.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sixbeat Visa inlägg
    I would BEG him to make an English album from the ground up - the English versions of Hagnesta and Isola weren't very good anyway.
    Really, you think that? Hagnesta Hill in English is my favorite album by them. I love it dearly. I like Isola, but not anywhere near as much. It's probably maybe 5 or 6 on my list.

Standard

haha - Both albums are great, the Swedish versions, but the English versions sound a little bit forced. :/
    My favorite album would have to be Vapen och Ammunition and thank god they didn't make an English version of that. They would have butchered it like they did Hagnesta Hill and Isola.
    So from how I see it, they should make an English album from the ground up. English and Swedish don't sound the same.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

haha - Both albums are great, the Swedish versions, but the English versions sound a little bit forced. :/
    My favorite album would have to be Vapen och Ammunition and thank god they didn't make an English version of that. They would have butchered it like they did Hagnesta Hill and Isola.
    So from how I see it, they should make an English album from the ground up. English and Swedish don't sound the same.
    Forced? How? You are aware they wrote the English albums first, right?
    V&A is my least favorite and they did make an English for that but they never released it.

Standard

Nope - I guess I am not aware of that.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Nope - I guess I am not aware of that.
    I don't think the English version of V&A was written first though. I'm sure the mods here will chime in and correct anything.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard Sell Records Instead Of Your Soul

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    I don't think the English version of V&A was written first though. I'm sure the mods here will chime in and correct anything.
    As far as I remember, Kent were happy to get V&A finished at all. From a fan's perspective, the songs are awesome. However, the production is somewhat average. I'm not surprised that this was the last album produced by Martin von Schmalensee.

By the time Kent started recording V&A, they were very disappointed by the lack of international success the years 1998 - 2000 had brought. Despite a strong touring effort and decent record company support, Kent never made it past cult status in Europe, going largely unnoticed in the U.S.

Why bother with another English album when their legions of Scandinavian fans only wanted a Swedish album? Regardless of how good Jocke's English is, it's not his native language; his sensational lyrics don't reach the same level translated.

I'm not even sure their record company would've supported another international tour in promotion of V&A.

In summary, it just made sense to get huge in Scandinavia. The handful of dedicated international fans could always go on a pilgrimage up north...

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •