Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    I am here harassing you on MSN.
    You are welcome.

* Kiss kiss *
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem kevlarheads avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard 18/11

So, here's my little account of sunday's concert:
    I unfortunately got stuck in "nerd's corner" (people around me standing literally like pillars of salt, not even moving their heads, started running for the wardrobe during the last song..). Of course, that didn't keep me from anything.
    But the band really made up for that. They were very obviously eager to play. They were having a party on stage. Despite of some technical flaws (as previously said, no snow and a broken Camela projection), and a false note here and there, they weren't too serious about that and had their share of fun. It was a real joy to see them like that, really.
    Sami and Martin were apparently having their rockstar-pose-day, they kept wandering around the stage and continously cheered Max up, who still seemed a bit shy playing in front of such a big audience. - While doing a great job, that has to be said.
    The way Jocke kept repeating "mot Berlin" over and over the end of that great song named after my city kind of gave me hope to see them play here some day.
    I even came to hear two of my absolute favourite Kent classics I always hoped to hear live but never did, "10 Minuter" and just after that "Innan Allting Tar Slut". And still, while playing these songs for propably the twentythousandsth time everybody seemed to really enjoy playing it.
    Another highlight for me was the dark and heavy version of "Musik Non Stop". It made me like a song again that I've been listening to death over the years. So guys, please re-record that one exactly like you played it on sunday!!
    During the end of "Ensammast i Sverige" Jocke made up some "lalala"-chorus, which the audience kept singing for quite some time after the band left the stage for the first time.
    "747" was just great as I expected, the light show was turned down to just some red lights so the audience could focus on the band.
    After another break they finished with "Mannen i den vita hatten" which I now somehow find to be even better to end a concert with than "747".

Well some questions (due to my lack of Swedish) remain unanswered to me: Jocke made some announcement mentioning Martin and Markus, which was followed by a big applause from the audience. What was that?
    And who was that guy entering the stage with a cowboy-hat and a tambourine during the last song? I understood he got 33 years old that day and his name is "Nisse", but who is he?

So, was it worth trying my best just to be quick enough to get tickets for the concert? Definately.
    Was it worth travelling to Sweden just in november? The weather may be dark and cold, but the music and the people more than just made up for that. Really!
    Was it worth squeezing myself into a Ryanair plane with a bad cold and thereby nearly killing my ears? Well, I just got back home from the Hives' show in Berlin, my arms and legs are black and blue now. - So yes, I somehow think it was also worth that.
    Senast redigerat av kevlarhead den 2007-11-21 klockan 01:53.

Standard

Lol, you really liked it then.

How come kent don't have concert bootlegs going on much. I mean, I'd love to hear the live version of Inan Allting/Before It All Ends because the album version really sucks so it'd be nice to have mp3s of certain songs. Other bands like Sigur Ros and Travis actually post up fan vids and mp3s on their websites.

Medlem kevlarheads avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

I did.
    They have stated in interviews that the sound quality of a live recording wouldn't meet their demands.
    However I recorded most of innan allting tar slut with my camera. The live version is great (well, I also do like the album version).

Another thing I noticed during the concert is Markus' great voice. I think it should be more present on the recordings.

Standard

Btw, someone recorded the entire Stockholm concert in .flac files as a bootleg and it's on some torrent site.

There's a Scottish band, Travis, they encourage their fans to take videos and recordings during their concerts because it gives the band a new perspective and also makes a great I guess history item for the band.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

I was a Travis fan from day one. However, nowadays they are passé. The decline started somewhere around 2003. I remember Fran trying to tell the audience to shut up so that he could surprise them with a real unplugged song = only him singing without any microphones. Unfortunately, telling an audience to shut up doesn't work in Berlin... Then he tried to get political, let his hair grow and alienated himself from a large part of his fans. At this year's Rock Im Park, few people took notice of them.

Besides the things mentioned above, it boils down to the songs. Unfortunately, Travis don't deliver the goods anymore.

Regarding bootlegs which shouldn't be discussed here, the flac man's quality sucks this time. He did a better job in 2005.

Cheers

Standard

Yah, but Travis went back to 1999 The Man Who stuff. Their b-sides are better now. And the new album is pretty good, not their best but better than a lot of other work. Not really political although I don't see anything wrong with that, but here are three of the best songs of this year on that album:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G0sES3nzgsU
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=u2hYn_4yuhc&feature=related
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=sZ_E-7cN8fA

and this was one of their singles from it but I really think this song is average, even if the vid's kinda funny:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=emELbCpxDBA

So Travis aren't dead yet or anything, they still have it in them.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Kent just announced quite a few Scandinavian shows from January to March. Great news. However, since Copenhagen will be the only location repeated from the current tour, I assume the show effects (videos) will be very similar, geared to fans who missed this tour. Familjen as support sounds very promising.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Kent haven't played so many gigs in one year since 2002!

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

They should do a tour in Texas...
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    They should do a tour in Texas...
    I'd fly to Dallas, visit my brother and see a great show. But how many fans would show up?

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Hell if I know... they come out of the woodwork. People message me all the time saying how great it is to see another Texas Kent fan.

Nerds.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Kent haven't played so many gigs in one year since 2002!
    They should do a couple outside Scandinavia .
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    They should do a couple outside Scandinavia .
    They will! Kind of weird that they're doing the Scandinavian "B" and "C" circuit (except for Copenhagen + Malmö). I've been trying to figure it out. Of course it's nice for the fans, but are they forced to do this since the record industry isn't selling enough cds anymore?

I might go to Copenhagen (again). As for the rest, it's f**king cold there in the middle of winter! Unfortunately, there are no direct flights between Munich and Malmö.

Sidan 4 av 62 FörstaFörsta 123456789101112131454 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •