Sidan 5 av 5 FörstaFörsta 12345
Resultat 61 till 72 av 72

Ämne: Any recommendations

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    No. You seem to know your way around Berlin. How many times have you been there?
    I used to live there. Remember the old forum?

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    I used to live there. Remember the old forum?
    Sorry, my memory is not so good when it comes to remembering where people live. My goal is to remember people's names...
    You're right that Berlin is a huge city. I've only been there once and just for a couple of days, so I still have a lot to experience the day I get back.
    Låt dom komma nu

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Sorry, my memory is not so good when it comes to remembering where people live. My goal is to remember people's names...
    You're right that Berlin is a huge city. I've only been there once and just for a couple of days, so I still have a lot to experience the day I get back.
    Then I can only recommend checking out what I posted pertaining to Berlin. After all, you motivated me to do that. As in most of my posts, I want similar feedback. In this case, I'm most interested in recommendations regarding Stockholm...

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2008

Standard

I think a retired Canadian tour guide would have given a better recommendation of where to go to see the real Berlin. The sights mentioned above are very hard to miss...

"Touristy" Recommendations: The Wall
    I'm sorry, I thought you weren't a retired Canadian tour guide ;-)
    (Edit: Makes no sense.. Probably should have written "I thought you were a retired Canadian tour guide." Oh well.. I blame it on the wine I drank earlier today.)

I forgot to say that Berlin has the best street musicians!

There are so many interesting cities in Germany! I've only spent one day in Cologne, but I plan to go there someday again. Munich is a bit too touristy for my taste (+ I used to live quite close to it, so I've been there too many times), but I'm sure that a first-time-visitor would like it very much. It's also easy to take a train to Salzburg or Innsbruck (the list could go on and on) from Munich, though I would only recommend a daytrip to Salzburg and I personally don't like Innsbruck that much.

Even if you speak German, don't expect to understand anything they say in Bavaria or Tyrol. I remember sitting in a train from Zurick to Luzern and wondering which language it was that people were speaking. It took me a while to realize that it was in fact German. I'd still like to think that my German is fluent
    Senast redigerat av Suvi den 2008-04-02 klockan 00:01.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Suvi Visa inlägg
    I'm sorry, I thought you weren't a retired Canadian tour guide ;-)

I forgot to say that Berlin has the best street musicians!

There are so many interesting cities in Germany! I've only spent one day in Cologne, but I plan to go there someday again. Munich is a bit too touristy for my taste (+ I used to live quite close to it, so I've been there too many times), but I'm sure that a first-time-visitor would like it very much. It's also easy to take a train to Salzburg or Innsbruck (the list could go on and on) from Munich, though I would only recommend a daytrip to Salzburg and I personally don't like Innsbruck that much.

Even if you speak German, don't expect to understand anything they say in Bavaria or Tyrol. I remember sitting in a train from Zurick to Luzern and wondering which language it was that people were speaking. It took me a while to realize that it was in fact German. I'd still like to think that my German is fluent
    Munich is my favorite city in the entire world! I guess being born there and growing up there could have something to do with that...

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jan 2008

Standard

I think I could live in Munich, but I wouldn't go there for a vacation.

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Then I can only recommend checking out what I posted pertaining to Berlin. After all, you motivated me to do that. As in most of my posts, I want similar feedback. In this case, I'm most interested in recommendations regarding Stockholm...
    I haven't lived in Stockholm, so I'm afraid I'm not the most suited person to ask. Are you planning a trip there in the near future?

You could go to Globen, an arena shaped like a giant golf ball, where there are sports and music events.
    Dramaten, as I mentioned, for theatre.
    The royal castle.
    You have to go to the Vasa museum to see the 17th century ship. It's very well preserved.

To get around town, you can take the subway, which is called tunnelbanan or t-banan.

Thanks for your recommendations concerning Berlin, I will have them in mind when/if I get there again.
    Låt dom komma nu

Medlem Marishkas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2007

Standard

For interesting cities I can hardly recommend the follwing:

- Cologne (specially the "Kölner Dom" -> this huge church there ;-))
    - Bonn (once been capital city and still a very nice one <3)
    - Stockholm (I'm there as often as I can!!)
    - Helsingborg (nice city, close to Helsingør (DK) and nice landscapes around)
    - Malmö (of course! A wonderful city)
    - Lissabon (I LOVE IT!! and have to go there again!)
    - London (a tourist-city but still very interesting with great buildings and so on... have been there twice)
    - Amsterdam (great great great, will go there again somewhen this year)
    - Warsaw (cheap and wonderful)

maybe I'll find some more :-)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    History knows no conjunctive!

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Opera would be cool. I've never been to the opera. I'll probably travel in August.
    It should be possible to visit an opera in August, and in the Verona Arena it's a pure treat.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Nybörjare ИНА AK-47s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2008

Standard

first off, you're going to have a wonderful time - regardless of what you do. It helps if you speak a language other than English... Amsterdam is fun to explore on bike, and Germany is a blast (Avoid the neo-nazi hunters. I'm dead serious.) any way you choose. There are always plenty of things to do in Sweden, though I've only passed through Stockholm, but lived in Göteborg for a few months - regardless of what your guidebooks tell you, go there too, if you can fit it in. Its a lovely city.

And remember - everything is better done on bike or foot!
    "I was going to kill myself but I couldn't find the right CD."

Visst känns det som att [[[kärleken väntar]]]

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av ИНА AK-47 Visa inlägg

And remember - everything is better done on bike or foot!
    It sure is. Euh, except when you have to travel long distances in a short period of time.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Nybörjare a violent whispers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

devy is so bad... i love her to pieces even though i have had no time for msn
    reward me now..

Sidan 5 av 5 FörstaFörsta 12345

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •