Resultat 16 till 19 av 19

Ämne: 8 Signs You Were Born And Raised In Sweden

Erfaren medlem Laila Mari-Gigi Andersens avatar
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2014
    Land of Procrastination ... eller Själland

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    Maybe it's indoor shoes that are typically Swedish? Do they exist in other countries?
    In Denmark it depends on how well you know the person(s) you're visiting. If they're good friends you usually take off your shoes.
    If they're acquaintances, you either ask or just keep the shoes on (unless they're wet/dirty).
    And if it's some kind of formal gathering - dinner or a party, you keep your shoes on.

And yes, the phenomenon of indoor shoes does exist in other countries - both in Germany and Denmark. Although for my part changing shoes is mostly due to the fact that I can't drive in my 'indoor' shoes CAM065351.jpg
    - but the indoor shoes/taking off the shoes is a Scandinavian thing, I believe. And more pronounced the further North you travel, mainly because of the weather, I would guess.
    ...I wonder what they do in Canada and Alaska?
    Senast redigerat av Laila Mari-Gigi Andersen den 2015-04-25 klockan 01:06.

Erfaren medlem Fast Forwards avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

Not taking off your shoes indoors!? What is this sorcery? You do that, you oughta clean like once or twice a day - crazy.

How are they not doing this other countries?
    Du log genom fräknarna
    med tårar i ögonen
    Allt fanns i ögonen
    Allt finns i ögonen

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    Maybe it's indoor shoes that are typically Swedish? Do they exist in other countries?
    They exist here as well. At lots of workplaces you have inside shoes and at home, if you don't have carpets all over the house, you wear inside slippers. In my parents' house, the hall and the kitchen only have ceramic tiles so we wear inside shoes which we take off when we go in to the rooms with carpets. We keep a few extra pair for guests, tho we don't ask them to take their shoes off when they are only coming in to the kitchen (it's easy to clean ceramic tiles). They nearly never need to be asked either, when they see the row of shoes in our hall, they always catch on that we have an inside shoes policy and comply.
    At work (offices, shops etc.) you wear inside shoes mainly because of the weather. (I even had some teachers at college who wore inside shoes). In winter, it can get down to -20 degrees and in summer we have 40 degress sometimes (Celsius) and offices are often have the airco set to around 20 degrees, so neither your winter shoes nor your summer sandals are comfortable to wear inside. Also, if your workplace has a dress code, it sometimes clashes with what you want to wear once you are out of there. I surely wouldn't stand 40 mins on the tram with my 5-6 kg bag in high heels, but casually walking around in the office is fine in them. Also, we have people from many countries at my office and noone seem surprised when we change shoes. I had a colleague form the UK who came on the first day carrying two pairs of inside shoes, just in case. So I don't think it is country specific, it is more like how you were raised and what expectations you experienced previously.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Laila Mari-Gigi Andersen Visa inlägg
    - but the indoor shoes/taking off the shoes is a Scandinavian thing, I believe. And more pronounced the further North you travel, mainly because of the weather, I would guess.
    ...I wonder what they do in Canada and Alaska?
    You are very welcome to come here and explain to the government that this is a Scandinavian country, maybe they would start acting like they are actually trying to lead a democracy.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Fast Forward Visa inlägg
    Not taking off your shoes indoors!? What is this sorcery? You do that, you oughta clean like once or twice a day - crazy.

How are they not doing this other countries?
    Thank you! I thought I was being weird for thinking the same, but it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jazzpurist Visa inlägg
    They exist here as well. At lots of workplaces you have inside shoes and at home, if you don't have carpets all over the house, you wear inside slippers. In my parents' house, the hall and the kitchen only have ceramic tiles so we wear inside shoes which we take off when we go in to the rooms with carpets. We keep a few extra pair for guests, tho we don't ask them to take their shoes off when they are only coming in to the kitchen (it's easy to clean ceramic tiles). They nearly never need to be asked either, when they see the row of shoes in our hall, they always catch on that we have an inside shoes policy and comply.
    At work (offices, shops etc.) you wear inside shoes mainly because of the weather. (I even had some teachers at college who wore inside shoes). In winter, it can get down to -20 degrees and in summer we have 40 degress sometimes (Celsius) and offices are often have the airco set to around 20 degrees, so neither your winter shoes nor your summer sandals are comfortable to wear inside. Also, if your workplace has a dress code, it sometimes clashes with what you want to wear once you are out of there. I surely wouldn't stand 40 mins on the tram with my 5-6 kg bag in high heels, but casually walking around in the office is fine in them. Also, we have people from many countries at my office and noone seem surprised when we change shoes. I had a colleague form the UK who came on the first day carrying two pairs of inside shoes, just in case. So I don't think it is country specific, it is more like how you were raised and what expectations you experienced previously.
    Thanks for clearing that up! I wear my regular shoes at work, also in the winter, I'm too lazy to bring indoor shoes I guess.
    Låt dom komma nu

Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •