Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12
Resultat 16 till 28 av 28

Ämne: The Swedish Pop Cup voting Continues

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Congratulations Kent!
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Standard

How'd they win with 61% of the vote? I thought that Lars was ahead of them the day before.

Anyways, how many Grammisgal's for TTS related stuff you think? Bands that dominate their countries whatever they may be should really get more international recognition, whether they're good or not.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    How'd they win with 61% of the vote? I thought that Lars was ahead of them the day before.

Anyways, how many Grammisgal's for TTS related stuff you think? Bands that dominate their countries whatever they may be should really get more international recognition, whether they're good or not.
    I don't understand how they got so much of it either, the ratios were staying the same for so long and Kent was behind at that time. Somebody on the Swedish forum said all the 'cheat' votes that got placed for either candidate wouldn't be counted, but I don't think that was true. How would they have known if it had gotten so far as to accept your additional votes? It went the same way in the previous competition too, somehow Kent is behind and then all of a sudden at the end they end up winning by a fair margin. ??? No idea...

As for the recognition I agree with that. We have such limited access to international artists here in the US, and I'm guessing Canada is probably a little more diverse than here. I think anyone who makes it big in other countries should at least have some exposure in North America. It makes me feel so deprived...musically But God forbid somebody is singing in another language, other than Spanish or English.
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Medlem frippe99s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2004

Standard

The reason the figures change is that they sort out all fake votes in the end.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Red face

Citat Ursprungligen postat av frippe99 Visa inlägg
    The reason the figures change is that they sort out all fake votes in the end.
    So, how can they tell if the votes were cast from different IP addresses? Just a techy question I guess!

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

I believe I used 6 different computers at my work to vote.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Wink

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    I believe I used 6 different computers at my work to vote.
    Sweeeeeet!

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2007

Standard

Ok so why were the sounds not in this contest, The sounds album is freaking great!. Is this only swedish speaking albums or something? I don't see what the big deal is. I am being biased because I'm from the U.S. and there are a myriad of bands in the U.S. I understand Sweden is the third highest music producing country in the world but it doesnt compare to the U.S.

Peace

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Doman1526 Visa inlägg
    Ok so why were the sounds not in this contest, The sounds album is freaking great!. Is this only swedish speaking albums or something? I don't see what the big deal is. I am being biased because I'm from the U.S. and there are a myriad of bands in the U.S. I understand Sweden is the third highest music producing country in the world but it doesnt compare to the U.S.

Peace
    Which contest are you referring to? This thread is about the Swedish PopCup which is the contest on Swedish Radio, and as far as I'm aware is for best Swedish artist.

What is the sounds album? Never heard of it.

Standard

Yah, I think the US maybe has a lot more artists, but in my music collection, only a couple bands are from the US, and then I have two or three songs by a few othe US bands and some Canadian bands/artists and their albums but almost everything else is from the UK or Germany or Sweden or Iceland.

For the amount of bands (I dun wanna get into artists and r&b) the US makes, a sad percentage of them are crap to put it nicely. UK's the best place in the world for rock in general right now. I dun really know a country that can compare to this list:
    Franz Ferdinand, Travis, KT Tunstall, Amy Macdonald, Idlewild, Snow Patrol
    Arctic Monkeys, Keane, Coldplay, Radiohead, The Kooks, McFly, Babyshambles/Libertines/Dirty Pretty Things, Kasabian, Blur, Muse, Athlete, Kosheen

and those ^ are just the ones that I like, they have a tonne more I'll probably never get around to listening to like Oasis, Klaxons, Razorlight, The Fralettis, Hoosiers, x100 Indie bands, etc.

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2007

Standard

Oh I agree that the U.S. puts out crap. I don't even listen to the radio. I havent for the last 8 years. I put everything on cd format. I was just trying to say there are so many bands to choose from in the U.S. compared to Sweden, regardless of the caliber of the band, to pick just a handful of bands for a "tournament" would be difficult in the U.S. The Sounds album, Dying to This To You, is great, I believe they are from Sweden.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Gotcha, I missed that The Sounds was the name of the band.

Standard

You mean this?:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jN41MDONgOA

someone likes to show off her legs...

They seem to be more popular in America, I'll get right on them once I get to the Cardigans, Mando Diao, Radiohead, Herbstrock, Tocotronic, etc.

Seriously though, are they any good? Sound decent, except their lead singer's voice isn't that girlish perfected and is more rough sounding out of tune sorta even when she's singin properly but it's not a bad thing. Why didn't kent get someone like them as support instead o the other one, they use plenty of synths and whatever you call new wave these days.

Sidan 2 av 2 FörstaFörsta 12

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •