Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Nice find! Cheers for the links.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

There will be translations for Jocke's posts in the translations thread relating to those demos (there's a link to the swedish thread on the soundcloud page to give you a rough idea of the date) Jocke explained or tried to remember what/where things were recorded.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Edit, forgot to say, with JÄIRFM I totally was expecting more synth, not the style we got, and I love it! I love how (as you said) kent are able to shift their style while still sounding like kent.

Yeah I suppose if you look closer there are paths to and from the albums and the music that preceded it. They opened up a little on En Plats, and so the big open sound (minus bubbly synths) was perhaps a slight surprise, but in a totally good way. I think they could take it either way really. Personally I think it's really clever. I know other more traditional rock bands can struggle in their later years because the sound they make is that of angry 20 somethings, wheras Kent have cleverly crafted a sound that allows them to do pretty much what they want. That and damn good songwriting also

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Actually here's a good one, maybe another fan can put me right here... I notice that there is a general rhythm to their touring (eg 1 smaller tour, followed by a bigger album tour.) I think some of the best gigs I've ever seen have been shows where a band has had no agenda. Especially since their next album will be their 11th, it's always hard to mix in the new album because the more back catalogue you have, the less new stuff can fit in at the expense of older stuff. I wonder if Kent feel like doing some no agenda shows where they literally just pick their favourite songs without having anything to promote. Have they ever done anything like this before?

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Not that I know of, but then I didn't pay much attention to set lists in the past. I'm sure someone has all the details to hand somewhere. The thing with kent is there are certain 'song expectations' that must be played a gig, 747, Mannen... and if suddenly they stopped playing these there would be a lot of disappointed people, yet by kent playing these songs at every gig to begin with, they kind of started the 'must haves' thing! Now, the 2 kent gigs I've been to I stood near the back of the crowd, with what seemed to be the slightly older fans and the 'we're just here for a night out folk'. You know the types that have a chat during the non-single songs because they don't know them from hearing them on the radio. There's a kent song that I'm kind of 'meh' over (ok, it's kärleken väntar) and at both gigs the crowd went wild during the song. Wiki tells me that the song was in the Swedish chart for 23 weeks (!) and reached number 2, so I can see why that gets played, because of the great crowd reaction.

It'd be interesting to see what they would play if the band did just play what they wanted (maybe they love playing kärleken väntar just as much as the crowd loves hearing it), but there's a lot of expectations both from the fans, from the 'I want to hear the hits folk' and I imagine from the press also.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

I can see why certain songs may be "sacred" as it were, but probably the two you mention there are the ones that spring to my mind over any others. I think it would be interesting to see just a tour celebrating XX years of the band or something but with no album because they could create a setlist not thinking "we need 6 songs from the new album." So you the see some older classics pulled in along with some curios and lost classics. I think they do a pretty good job of mixing it up, but something like this I would definitely pay good money to see!

Medlem sakermansers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

I think they could give 747, Mannen, Kärleken väntar, Musik non-stop a rest...they have so many other songs that they never play. If they do shows where they play specific albums in their entirety, I would fly across the Atlantic to attend!

Sidan 3 av 3 FörstaFörsta 123

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •