Resultat 16 till 30 av 51

Ämne: Am I the only one...

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av trickster Visa inlägg
    I didnt listen to the samples
    I prefer to listen to the real thing whilelooking the limited edition booklet ;-)

I dont like DM at all but Ingenting is already a favourite.
    Even if they will try to imitate a band (I am not saying they are)
    the music has still their personal essence so it is still different
    Word.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Erfaren medlem megalomanias avatar
    Reg.datum
    May 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av ericthirdrow Visa inlägg
    I agree with you about sometimes albums taking a while to appreciate... except for Du & Jag Döden... I think I listened to it about 6 times the day I got it and loved it from the start! Mew's most recent album (Glass-Handed Kites) is one that took me a while to enjoy... now it's one of my favorites. The Killers' newest album is another one like that, but it turns out it's a pretty fantastic album as well!

That's a very interesting cover of Enjoy The Silence... I kinda like it.
    Agree, it took me a while to enjoy Glass Handed Kites too. The same with both The Killers albums. Du & Jag döden is my favorite album of all times and I dont think Tillbaka till samtiden will exceed it. I dont like that "disco-sound" either that I have heard on the samples. But its only samples... Some of the songs sounds pretty nice anyway. and sorry for my pretty bad english...i think

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av megalomania Visa inlägg
    Du & Jag döden is my favorite album of all times and I dont think Tillbaka till samtiden will exceed it.
    DOJD is my favourite album of all time too - apart from all the Smiths albums obviously but they are so historical now I'm not counting them, though of course I still listen to them every day in between Kent :-) (Though I'm really a very cheerful person, honest!) And DOJD came out on my birthday, was the best present I got in 2005!

I don't think Tillbaka will exceed it either but to be honest that won't disappoint me because I was never expecting it to, just because DOJD was so monumental. Call me overemotional but I shed tears the first time I heard that. I was even actively hoping they would stay true to form and change direction again, like they've evolved on every new album, because more of the same wouldn't have been so satisfying somehow, if it makes sense to say that when I've just said how much I love DOJD!

But trusting in Kent's musical genius, I was expecting something still brilliant in whatever different vein they chose to go in. After all I've loved all their albums till now so reckoned it was quite likely I'd love this one too, if maybe in a different way to DOJD. And for me the samples sound really promising, tantalising even, so seems like I will! (Hope so... otherwise I'll have 10 spare concert tickets up for grabs, though it would still be worth going I guess just for the old songs, ha ha!)

Standard

10 concert tickets? I thought you lived in the UK?

Anyways, kent aren't my favourite band because of any of their specific albums. I really like both versions of Hagnesta Hill (specially the English one cos the two English songs that aren't in Swedish are wicked) but there isn't another kent album I could say is one of my favourite overall albums and I could make a decent list of albums by other bands/artists better than kent's. DOJD is nice but the beginning tracks on it are mediocre I think.

The real reason why kent is my favourite band is cos of the quantity of good music they have made. Most of the bands I listen to are post-2000 but none of them have come close to releasing as many really good or just average good songs as kent have. So even if Tillbaka is an average album, it doesn't change things because I'm sure it'll still have a few amazing songs like Ingenting and maybe some other fairly good ones. And at least kent don't go on long hiatus' *looks with disgust at Blur, Travis, Franz Ferdinand, Sum 41, Snow Patrol, etc*

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2002

Standard

About me, I don't mind this kind of sound but I'm not mad for it. I like Ingenting and Min Varld too, but I'm afraid that a full lenght listening of this kind may not satisfy me as Kent's albums usually do. Let's wait another week...
    Gulo Gulo lover forever!
    Maybe my brilliance shining through
    il disfattismo preserva l'integrità del setto nasale

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2007

Standard

I have been worried about not liking the album since they announced it. Even though I love "Ingenting" and "Min värld" it almost made me worry even more - it's so different.

Then I went to the launch party in Copenhagen and all my doubts were swept away! The first track "Elefanter" nearly made me cry, it's so beutiful. Then Kent just kept on convincing me track by track.
    I can't say I loved everything on the album, the speakers were crappy and we only got to hear it once.

Six months ago I was convinced that was no way that Kent could make a better album than D&JD. After hearing TITS only once I'm not that sure anymore. I'm not saying it's their best album but it sounded really, really, really good.

And if you think the whole album sounds like "Ingenting", ask yourself:
    -Did all of V&A sound like "Dom andra" or is it just 1/10 of the sound?
    -Is there anything on Hagnesta hill that sounds like "Music non stop"?

And if you have doubts about the 20 sec samples, then imagine hearing one of the verses of "Mannen i den vita hatten (16 år senare)". Does that part of the track give you even a clue about the brilliant "outro"?

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2002

Standard

I expected the new album to sound like Ingenting by what Jocke said about a Depeche Mode sound. If you say that not the whole record sounds like that, I'm glad.
    Gulo Gulo lover forever!
    Maybe my brilliance shining through
    il disfattismo preserva l'integrità del setto nasale

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Rotuhiiri Visa inlägg
    . After hearing TITS
    Hahahaahhaaaaahahahahaaaaahhaaha

Okay I'm done being 12.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Standard

ahahah tits!

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

Counting down the days... then we'll see how awesome the album really is...
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av FErg Visa inlägg
    ...who, listening to the samples on the website, is not really looking forward to the next album?
    I hope you are .
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

[QUOTE=SportfreundeFCkeane;58732]10 concert tickets? I thought you lived in the UK?/QUOTE]

Yep but it's only a two-hour flight! What better way to spend a holiday?

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

First post after the new, "all buttons in swedish" forum! Hope it makes it.

Just wanted to add that I absolutely loved the 30 sec samples! I`ve of course never listened to anything in this perverse format before so I don`t know if it enhances or misrepresents (I`m guessing it depends on your expectations, really). But yeah, the sound was really interesting, kinda Vangelis-like. I know the boys all dig Blade Runner (their OWC and some other songs) and some of the new material really sounded like that. The female chorus in Generation Ex absolutely LICKED MY BRAIN and Sömnen was very pretty. Elefanter - Kent`s first slow opener - is just really intriguing. Can`t say anything about it yet but I am really interested in how it turns out. Openers have always been Kent`s strong point. Also Vi Vara Radd`s synth-riff was impressive. I just really liked the lush electronica all around.
    And why has no one noticed J. Berg sounds substantially more macho? Seems to be less reverb. He really sounds much bigger and slightly less pretty on most tracks. This was already evident on Ingenting and from the samples only 2 or 3 songs were sung with lots of soft reverb and stuff. I like the butch. Nice change!

P.S. I really quite dislike Depeche mode. Mostly because of Gahn, who I think is an absolutely tacky singer, and the lyrics... Hhvv... And I don`t think the new album sounds any more DM than previous electronic tracks (Gummiband anyone?). They (Kent) just really like DM but that thankfully doesn`t mean they succeed at sounding like them.

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Kurvitz Visa inlägg
    First post after the new, "all buttons in swedish" forum! Hope it makes it.
    Yep, it made it.

And you can set the buttons to English too, at the bottom of the page.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    And you can set the buttons to English too, at the bottom of the page.
    Nifty! Tack!

Sidan 2 av 4 FörstaFörsta 1234 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •