Citat Ursprungligen postat av Anx Visa inlägg
I'd say slunga is slang for a wrist bag (handledsväska) but i might be wrong :-)
Actually, you are the second person who came to that conclusion, so I would say that du har rätt, jag har fel.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Kobbe Visa inlägg
It's either a typo or some kind of clothing thing that is simply over my head, but I think we can agree on the gist of the statement anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter.
It's just a forum post so the only thing that people lose out on is Jocke's wonderul sarcasm (I really love his sense of humuor ), but the last part of your statement is the exact reason I hate translations of any kind. The translator can just decide that it is not important to get too deep into something and you can lose out on a hell of a lot in some cases. We have a famous case where the translator of an otherwise bad book, that he himself hated and didn't care too much about, translated "a song by Kings of Leon" as "the song from Lion King." He then defended it with that he didn't know the band and it didn't matter for the overall premise of the book, after becoming the laughing stock of a whole country and the subject of at least hundred memes.
My other issue is that a translation is always an interpretation by the translator (even if in some cases it just means that the translation reflects the same feelings the translator had when reading), and I like to form my own opinion on things instead. Anyways, it's really nice of you to volunteer, I'm sure a lot of people appreciate it.