Sidan 16 av 25 FörstaFörsta ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 SistaSista
Resultat 226 till 240 av 361

Ämne: Jocke's, Martin's and Sami's posts translated to English

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

There's been a few posts from Jocke today, but I thought I'd post this one about the 999 live video first...

You understand it's not just me who tweets, right?
    We are 4 people so do not give me the blame for something I did not do.
    There is no live version of 999 tonight.
    We never said it, but I can understand if you may have received the impression.
    Sorry!!
    We filmed on Wednesday and it was cut today (there were three cameras in other words, no big deal) but it must still be cut and surely cut a little more.
    I would get it today but have yet to see anything.
    You'll see it when it is finished.
    On Wednesday I think.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Some posts from Jocke in the 999 thread:

Now people are finding that they have also heard it.
    God so tiresome.

Little too early yet.

Someone asks: Will the link for the live 999 video be up around 21:50, and did Heikki Kiviaho play on/ produce the b-sides?
    No and no

Jocke posted the lyrics to 999 (see translation already here)

But I have already said it is called niohundranittionio (nine hundred and ninety nine)

In reply to a member who is called Sundance_danne:
    Because you and the other one with almost the same name (I’m guessing Sundance_kid) talk the whole time so that none of the others can get a word in edgeways.

(coincidently, this was post number 999 for Jocke!)
    coloursatnight

Erfaren medlem kallt kaffe med sockers avatar
    Reg.datum
    May 2002

Standard

Here are a couple of Jockes posts from today in the 999-thread.

And: Thank you all for your support!
    Glad you like it.
    Big Love!!!
    http://forumet.kent.nu/showthread.ph...=1#post1056184

All of you who are asking about b-sides (even though you just got a brand new song) Hold on!
    We'll be back soon regarding this
    http://forumet.kent.nu/showthread.ph...=1#post1056187

But just a while after that (when I asked about the release date, b-sides) Jocke replied.

There will not be any b-sides on it.
    That's what i meant.
    http://forumet.kent.nu/showthread.ph...=1#post1056227

(Then I asked about if there'll be only one track on the single, perhaps mixes, what the deluxe album means etc We'll se if he answers that as well).
    Och jag lämnar inga fotspår ens i sand...

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thanks kallt kaffe!

I'm having a mega busy day here at work (typical!), and could see Jocke had been busy posting.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the discussions that everyone in the 999 live video had mic stands when only Jocke & Markus sing, Jocke says:

It is not so easy to know, but when we play with in ear monitoring, everyone needs mics during the rehearsals so we can communicate with the crew and the rest of the band.

We talk a lot with each other and with our crew when we rehearse, how unlikely that may seem.
    Increase this, reduce that, shut up, etc.
    The song was recorded LIVE.
    Take 5 of 6 (the best take was actually the first but as so often, but there were no cameras)
    A tambourine (which didn’t just get sound wise) and a right tricky text-chorus which I sung in the studio version 6 which Markus dubs here + the 999- song loop in the outro is a backing track.
    Everything else is 100% in the room.
    However, there is surely some shots from film clips taken from other takes than those which... is heard.
    Then it is mixed properly.
    But it is fun that some doubt.
    We play tight as hell.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the Album #10 thread Jocke explains:

So here it is.
    When you do things as we do, in such a big chain and with so many people involved so small mistakes will happen along the way.
    It wan't the intention that someone should give out the titles to a record shop just now.
    Then you must also add that there are extremely many who will look for such info when it concerns us.
    But what can you do?

It used to be like this:
    As soon as the music and artwork/ info left the inner kent circle (which consists of 9 people this time) so things will leak out.
    Our philosophy is that if we can keep the first single without spreading until the release date, then this is good.
    Only because it is nice to decide yourself when you release your own music, once in the process.
    If you who wonder how this can be possible have simple no idea how it works.

I have neither the time or inclination to take shots and explain to everyone every time.
    Neither can I do anything about that itunes didn't get it up when it should, that the home page couldn't cope properly (for 7 minutes), that spotify didn't work for you.
    Neither is it my fault that if you print gold on paper nowadays that it takes a long time.
    There is only 1 printer in Sweden who can cope with our booklet and they have only standard solution 1a at all.
    Guess that it became so with many which was promised in the naive 90s when everything was centralised.

Questions about the digitpack:
    It is a different and imho nicer packaging.
    It will look a little different inside than the jewelcase version (plastic).
    It won't contain any golden tickets to the chocolate factory.

We have released a totally new song which we are really pleased with.
    It is available everywhere on Scandinavia, in 2 versions.
    We are areally happy that most seem to love the song!
    But 999 will have to go on for a few days at least.

Kiss and hug!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Some more from Jocke in the Album #10 thread

after another question..
    But can you stop at some point?

Is the single released or not?

Wasn't it released today?
    As far as I understand a version already went out at 21.00 yesterday.
    And other at 01.00 today.
    The physical version is delayed, but the single is already released, isn't it?
    And with reference to b-sides/ bonus tracks:
    I have already answered that there won't be any on the physical version.
    We will return with info about this...
    If we would have had b-sides/ remixes on the physical version you can assume that we would have communicated that before, right?
    Don't be so hot-tempered

and another...

The rest (of the album) is garbage, of course.
    GTFOOH. (get the f*** out of here)
    Reactionist

In the 'album's colour' thread, Jocke says:

Haha.
    Yes, red cover got a huge amount of crap when it was released.
    Now it is "the best".
    Maybe this just underscores the fact that you should let things sink in a bit before you babble on idly as usual

Replying to a post in the 999 thread which critises the forum (and it's general 'love everything kent-attitude'), Jocke says:

Print a t-shirt that says 'surrounded by idiots'.
    A little creative, like that.

And another from Jocke in the 999 thread:

Thank you!
    I get so happy when you say it is beautiful, because to make something beautiful, ladies & gentlemen, is the greatest that can be achieved.
    We wanted these songs would be uplifting, hungry, proud but melancholy without being self-pitying and backward-looking.
    For that was how we felt.
    But above all, we wanted them to be beautiful.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-03-28 klockan 19:44. Anledning: more posts added :-)
    coloursatnight

Medlem sakermansers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Did he say when the official video for "999" will be released?...and with the single delay, it's still not too late to include a b-side!!! lol.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

Stjärnor, you deserve some kind of award for all these translations!

http://forumet.kent.nu/showthread.ph...54#post1056654 One more from 999, answer to someone who complains that it's not available on international itunes and spotify yet:

It's not the record companies in this case.
    It's spotify and itunes that are not up to par.
    I wouldn't want anything more than that everything is available for everyone everywhere.
    But it's nothing that WE can do anything about.
    I want the trains to leave in time during the winter too, but that seems to be just as difficult.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A nice shiny new kent album would be my reward, or the album appearing on Amazon on the day of release would do for me!

I was just coming in to post exactly the same translation. great minds, eh!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Someone can hear a similarity between Markus Krunegårds song ‘Jag är en vampyr’ and 999.
    Jocke replies:

I would certainly like to claim that ‘Jag är en vampyr’ doesn’t remind me a little of ‘10 minuter’ by a band who are called kent.
    Markus admitted himself that he... was inspired a bit before a gig we did together in Norrköping.
    Oh hell, I said. I hadn’t thought of that.
    Listen to my song loop against your guitar intro he then said.
    Love Markus!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Quite a lot of posts from Jocke over the weekend. I've split them into ones from 'Ett år utan sommar' thread and '999' thread, although some posts in the '999' thread are actually discussing the song 'Ett år utan sommar'. Yeah, confusing!

In the thread about the bonus song 'Ett år utan sommar', a forum member makes a joke that that the song is called 'Otacksamma jävlar'(ungrateful bastards)
    Jocke replies:
    Really funny joke btw

The same member asks if Jocke was being sarcastic, Jocke replies:
    And the joke had already been misunderstood as if it was us who said it.
    So sarcasm: Yes.

Jocke posted the lyrics to 'Ett år utan sommar' you can read the translations here:

Still in the 'Ett år utan sommar' thread, Jocke:

For gods sake, don't miss 'The Year of the Flood' either.
    The follow up to Oryx & Crake.

Someone hopes that 'Ett år utan sommar' is included as a b-side to 999, gets this reply from Jocke:
    No.
    Why?
    It is out and free for all.

The version of 'Ett år utan sommar' that kent posted to their soundcloud was a large .wav file. A forum member has converted it to mp3 format, and says if this is a problem he'll remove the link.
    Jocke replies:

It is fine.
    It is already out there as you say.
    We uploaded it in the large format because it sounds nicer, but you can convert it how you want

In reply to a forum member disussing synths in 'Ett år utan sommar:
    Now you theorise about things you don't have support for.

-------

In the 999 thread, around the discussion of b-side/bonus song.
    For something to be a b-side you must have an a-side.
    Drop b-sides.
    Lost?
    Is ther anyone who had one and lost it?
    It will be a new song.
    It is not on the album.
    Bonus

Also in the 999 thread, someone thinks the bonus song sounds a little bit like Håkan Hellström.
    Jocke:

Ehhhhh.
    No.

Someone thinks that the piano at the start of 999 reminds them on Thåström, Jocke replies:
    But do you know what.
    It is a fucking PIANO in the song.
    Everyone who as recorded music has at some time used a piano in a song.

A member says that 999 reminds them of Americana music, but they're not sure, as they don't like American rock.
    Jocke replies:

If you call it Americana (within music) it is not primarily rock.
    It refers to American folk music.
    There is a tradition of narrative texts, and a special way of writing the melodies.
    You always 'carry' the word with the chords and strive to return to the major tonics.
    It is remarkably originally often written with harmonies in mind, or rather said, to be performed together.
    Often with Christian undertones.
    It is really special.
    Folky but still sacred, naive yet still wise, sand and uplifting at the same time.
    Love it.

----

and finally, in the kent wine thread:
    And although Regiaffi (another wine made by the same people who are making kent's wine) costs the earth, I would dare to call it worth it's price.
    It is a totally unforgettable wine...
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

On newspaper speculations that Jocke is writing songs/ an album for the Swedish artist September:

Of course.
    Why even comment on something when you

1. Haven't even checked anything.
    2. Don't know if it is true.
    3. Haven't heard the alleged collaboration.

It shows a certain... unsharpness
    Go out and play now and leave us others in peace.

In a thread started to discuss the different versions of 999 (live v. studio, or was live just 'playback', etc), Jocke reponds:

Return again.
    Why comment on things when you haven't checked anything?
    Go and lie down (ie, go to bed) tired children.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the ‘different versions of 999’ thread, Jocke says about the 999 live video:

Markus says: It went really well for me
    I say: It was good
    Someone else (Martin perhaps) says: Yes.

Also
    This is after the take and then you can confess (if you are pro) if you made any fatal mistakes, which no one else perhaps heard because everyone was occupied with their own and which would mean that you have to do another take.
    Everyone has microphones to communicate with since we play with in-ear.
    Therefor it is in.
    So it is simply a little blah blah after the take which is there.
    It is a live take, quite simply.

In the ‘Jocke & September collaboration’ thread, Jocke says:

It is interesting that exactly everything that I have done outside kent goes into the sell-out category without passing go.
    You forgot Paus (with Peter Svensson), Morten Harket (with both Martin and Jonas Quant) & Freddie Wadling.
    Someone else with a better memory will perhaps come in with more super horrible commercial and integrity violating collaborations I’ve done.

Another post in the Jocke & September thread:

I thought that all people (artists included) would be treated the same.
    What is the difference, exactly, with a collaboration with Erik Hassle and Lisa Miskovsky vs a collaboration with Freddies Wadling?
    When I worked with Lisa and Erik, they were in the studio the whole time and wrote, played and had thousands of opinions.
    They are both extremely talented musicians.
    When I wrote for Freddie, I wrote the whole song without having ever had met him (but I knew the producer Johan Lindström who I got asked by) and Freddie only sung it.
    Why is ok that I write a song for Morten Harket but not Titiyo?
    The reason that I am so self-centred goes in and refutes certain critics here is that a whole part of the criticism (like yours) is not thought out and based on estimations which I think is rather scary.
    I am a musician and songwriter first.
    There is not even one collaboration (where I actually worked with someone else) where I DIDN’T learn new things.
    Things which make me a better songwriter, producer and lyricist.
    You think that you are an idealisy, but you are only narrowminded
    We had a similar discussion a few weeks ago, about the DJ-culture.
    Some claimed that DJs don’t do anything else but press a button...

Then you think that it is incredibly easy to write commercial pop hits...
    Nothing could be more wrong.
    Have you tried?
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I'm a bit behind with these (stupidly busy with work) but I'll try and post a few over the next couple of days to get this thread upto date.

This is another post from Jocke on the Jocke & September thread.

"Kärlekens Tunga"
    Peter & I.
    A purely custom job!
    Sellout if you so want.
    We did it on Mauro & Kjell's request for Plura's 50 years anniversary.
    They asked if we wanted to do a cover and we said: Only if we can do 'Kärlekens...'
    Have always loved that song and it was fun to do and play it for Mauro who produced the original when he was 25 (!).
    But no one mentioned money.
    No one mentions money in my line of business.
    You write a song with/for/ to someone och if you have a little luck and fun wehn you do it, so perhaps you may get paid 2-3 years later, when the song is possibly played on the radio, sells on itunes, etc.
    When I did the Olle Ljungström cover it was with a friend called Robert (who played with me when did Lisa Miskovsky's albums) who rung me and asked if I wanted to be on a tribute to Olle.
    I said yes straight away, with the addition: only if I can do this song.
    When I was asked from Disney (also by a person I knew from earlier) to sing on Weezers version of The Car's 'You Might Think' I said yes straight away (without thinking) because the 2 people who mean the absolute most to me love the first Cars film.
    And I in turn love Weezer.
    There 'Say it isn't so' is one ov the best songs I know.

One thing which is important to mention in this little discussion is that it never every has happened that anyone called and asked:
    Hello we ned a song for so and so. You will get 1 billions euros (because we understand that it is really difficult to for someone who are so uncredible(?))
    In 50% of cases, it happens that someone you know from an earlier job with an album and asks if you have a song or want to write one.
    The other half consists of that I REALLY like someone's and ask myself if I can write a song for the artist in question.
    Camela, Lisa, Erik, Morten and lots of other things which may or may not go out in the future I have done because I love someone's voice.
    It is really such fun to write with someone's else voice in mind.
    Money has never even affected anyone I worked with.
    People think that you get a fee for writing something when in realit you only get money later on, if the song you wrote reaches the public.
    It is above all else the sellout theory is really childish.
    But I am of course really sad if I let down someone else's ideal.
    I really should know better!
    coloursatnight

Sidan 16 av 25 FörstaFörsta ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •