Sidan 15 av 25 FörstaFörsta ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... SistaSista
Resultat 211 till 225 av 361

Ämne: Jocke's, Martin's and Sami's posts translated to English

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the thread about Martin & Jocke's collaboration with Morten Harket, someone has posted a video from one of Morten's meet & greet's. In the background, a new version of Kärleken väntar can be heard- sung in English by Morten (see the clip here), Jocke reponds:

It was Mortens own idea.
    He wanted to do 'Dom Andra' also, but think it fell due to lack of time and that it was hard to write an English text which matched the orginal.
    He loved the songs and wanted to try to make English versions.
    I bought like lightening, A-ha's first album the same day that it came out (1st June 1985 and apparently one of the first 10 albums I bought with my own money and one of the best) thought that it was a fun idea.
    Then Martin and I wrote a song which is the forst one your hear in the clip.
    Possibly there is a further song which I have written together with a guy who is called Jonas Quant is also on the album.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I bought like lightening, A-ha's first album the same day that it came out (1st June 1985 and apparently one of the first 10 albums I bought with my own money and one of the best) thought that it was a fun idea.
    "I, who like lightening (ie very quickly) bought A-ha's first album the same day it came out, thought that it was a fun idea."

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av koelkast Visa inlägg
    "I, who like lightening (ie very quickly) bought A-ha's first album the same day it came out, thought that it was a fun idea."
    Yeah, I got my word order wrong with that one, I had a feeling I did.

ps- the bit in brackets was said by Jocke too. I own no albums by a-ha!
    coloursatnight

Standard

Thanks for the translation! No wonder first clip sounds quite familiar. It reminds me of Vy Från Ett Luftslott, very TTS era tune.
    Also I'm really curious about the collaboration between Jocke and Jonas Quant, if this Jonas Quant is the same guy that produced Hurts' first album Happiness.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Bear with me, there's a few posts by Jocke to come, and I'm a bit behind (due to holiday/work, etc) with these translations...

In the thread 'The bass voice in Ingenting någonsin?' Jocke answers the question:
    Do you know if I can get a hold of the fast and the long versions anywhere?

I don't think any recordings exists of the fast version.
    Possibly a loud extemely useless version recorded straight onto an old cassette recorder in the rehearsal space.
    We made a number of demos before we recorded album 1, together with Nille P in a broom cupboard in BMG's office when it was in Sundbyberg.
    It was like preproduction at the time.
    I remember it, however that it was a quick punkier version (think Kallt Kaffe type) only recorded live and that as soon as Nille heard 'Ingenting...' he got stuck on the Americana/Neil Young-vibe in the chords and got us to for the demo recoring to pull down the tempo by 30 bpm.
    Good call!!!
    Exactly as a good producer should hear direct.
    That the little cupboard was called a studio is rediculous, but there was a little 16 channel mixer table and 2 Adats.
    There was many artists ar BMG who recorded demo things there and the few tapes were used over and over again.
    I remember specifically that someone in the band Ingo & Floyd recorded over our demos of 'Ingenting...' and an extremely early demo of 'Saker man ser'
    'Saker...' was written around album 1 and was forgotten about, but a copy of the demo mix was rediscovered some years later on a 90 cassette and was recorded again in a different arrangement for Isola.
    Also, 'En helt ny...' and 'Rödljus' were recorded (by Heikki who also recorded Ingo and became furious when he discovered that Magnus recorded over our demos, haha) around album 1 and used as b-sides as you all know.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-03-05 klockan 22:03. Anledning: added link to Jocke's post.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the same thread as above, a forum member talks about old demos (a possible banning on the forum!) that he has on a cd, Jocke replies:

Ach.
    There will bo no bannings for such any longer.
    The cassette with the astronaut on is the actual demo from Nytorpsskolan (Nytorps school, where kent recorded early demos).
    The one which is shown in the programme you mention is my original and I made that cover a few days after the recording so that it would be a little classy for the record companies to look at.
    The demo had 10 tracks and I think that they were in the order that you named here.

(for reference:
    pojken med hålet i handen
    när det blåser på månen
    slutsats
    som vatten
    kallt kaffe
    ellen
    frank
    jag vill inte vara rädd
    döda dagar
    stenbrott)

I can check this because it still sits in a drawer.
    Ingenting någonsin was written after Nytorpskolan and Nille didn't sweep away anything, we simply wrote a load of new songs which we thought we more fun to play because they were new. (and the same thing still stands).
    Your CDr whcih you have is that 'collection'.
    kent before 'kent'.
    In Nytorp we only recorded the 10 tracks you mention during a rainy weekend.
    The rest were recorded later, after we got the contract and nearer to the actual album recording.
    The melodikaslingan (sorry, I can't work out the translation for this!) was also made in the BMG cupboard.
    The last songs you lust here were written also during the summer/ early autumn 94 (football world cup summer, when Sweden took bronze and it was realllly warm in Stockholm) and they were possibly demoed with Nille in the BMG cupboard or in our rehearsal space with usual recorders.
    Some of the b-side on 'kent' are very much like the live takes from Nytorpskolan.
    We has rehearsed like satan before the session.
    Like satan also.
    Every day for a month and we were really quite psyched up to put it mildly, and there is a wonderful energy in those recordings.
    It is possible that were tested and recorded Ingening in a quick version with Nille, but we changed it during the same session before we went to Koppom and recorded the debut.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-03-05 klockan 22:05. Anledning: spelling... it's getting late! :-)
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the same thread, Jocke says:

Döda Dagar in the Box is exactly the versions which was recorded at Nytorpsskolan.
    The versions you have of these some are very likely to be copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of cop..... from cassette tape (!).
    Tre backar (3 hills) 93- bootlegs are well circulated and the songs we recorded there came from different 'eras'.
    Hud we did there when we were still called Havsänglar... came from the same demo as a song which was called Vykork which you have perhaps heard.
    Som Vatten was rehearsed in Tuna. Also Epilog was writen in Tuna.
    Ringar was one of the first which was written after the move to Stockholm.
    Good verse but we never really liked it.
    The Sonic interview is nice, but there are lots of totally wrong quotes.
    So which it is easy to happen when you do such a long interview with so many interviewees.
    Everyone ahs their own versions of the events.
    Things tend to become mythologised and screwed when they are told many times.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Henrik posts a link on Soundcloud to the fast demo of Ingenting någonsin that was mentioned early in the thread, Jocke says:

Haha.
    Really cool to hear!

I think it was at least 8bpm faster when we played it live.
    It used to be so
    Still surprised at how close to the album version this is.

Then if I rememer correctly when I guess that this was 'prodrep' (my tired brain has forgotten what this translates to!) early autumn.
    I think the Nytorpsskolan demos were during the spring.
    Early April?
    Anyone who can check?
    Can't find it/ manage to check just now.

Henke has put up some of the early demos/ tracks on sound cloud- you can hear them here! (thanks henke! )
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-03-05 klockan 22:53.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Still in the same thread with Jocke & the demos...

Notice that we reused the verse in En Perfekt Värld.
    It was stuck in Hjärta.
    Have always loved the verse but thought that the rif sounded a little... dansband.

I remember that I talked with Nille about the upcomming alsbum (Isola) just when we demoed 'En perf...' in Kapsylen.
    We had a long conversation about production and came to the agreement that he wouldn't produce the next album.
    Nille suggested Zed, who had been with and mixed the first and have been a technician on the second to take the whole project.
    Zed had taken a little break in England then and had begun to do some interesting things there.
    Funny as hell that we threw Din skugga before Isola.
    I can't remember if we tested it in Galaxy in Belgium.
    But Din skugga was already an old song then.
    Perhaps it was as normal that you tired.

Later Zed came over in April or May 97 for prodrep out on Kvarnholmen.
    There I wrote 747 during a soundcheck...
    Then it was very close to make it onto the album.
    We rediscovered it and finished the song in Europa studios during the last hectic 2 days before the mix.
    coloursatnight

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Can't wait to hear the full version of Morten's English cover!
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    Can't wait to hear the full version of Morten's English cover!
    According to the album tracklisting on Morten's site, it's called 'Burn Money Burn'.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In a thread about kent’s clothes on stage, Jocke says:

Eh.
    Darklands is a shop.
    They don’t make their own clothes.
    They sell clothes by a number of designers who have certain things in common.
    And really, really far from everything we wear comes from there.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Some posts in the thread ‘Album10’ from Jocke.

Discussions around the single 999 and that it is 6.53 long.
    Jocke responds:

It is not so odd.
    We don’t actually bother about single thoughts.
    We don’t care if the radio play the song or nor.
    We only want to release a wonderful song and don’t care how long people (who are uninterested in music) think that a song should fit into their format.
    We think that most people don’t listen to music in that way anymore.
    You choose if you want to hear it and play it.
    No one site infront of the radio and waits to hear a song.
    We don’t actually care if it fits in at all.
    People who don’t like what we do they only give a shit about listening. (that might not be 100% correct translation)
    It is a free country.
    That’s all

Will it be edited for the radio?

.....Nej.....

Jocke mentioned was in article in the Swedish newspaper Expressen written by Jan Gradvall. The article was about Jean ‘Moebius’ Giraud and his influence on Jocke/ his lyrics.

Jocke says:

Blueberry is really good.
    Check out the Giraud made with Jodorowsky.
    The Incal Trilogy.

A forum member notices that it is 10 years since Dom andra was released, and if they had released Jag är inte rädd... 10 days earlier, it would have come out 10 years after V & A was released. Was this deliberate?

Jocke:

Ehh.
    No one in the band had thought about that.

Nine hundred nintey nine.
    Of course.
    And you who say, true or false, that you have heard it.
    That is not that cool.
    I co-wrote and produced it and recorded it.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the thread Adrian Lux + Jocke Berg, there’s a bit of discussion and comparison about ‘laptop-music’ (not being proper music/ not much fun to watch live) and ‘proper instruments played by a band’ music, both live and recorded. There’s a few posts from Jocke about this...

ps- the term ‘computer deer’ (data hjort) came from a misspelling somewhere in kent forum history (I can’t remember which thread/ who said it) but it was meant to read ‘computer made’ (data gjort), so now people are misspelling it on purpose, I assume!

Post #20
    It is this attitude that makes me wonder if people like music, actually.
    I have never written with someone who works as hard as Adrian.
    He has 200 gig/ travel days a year and the rest of the time he is in the studio making music.
    But right there...
    I forgot that synths and machines are not ‘real’ instruments in little rock Sweden.
    That the computer makes the music on it’s own whilst you sit and have coffee.
    Or what do you think?

Post #34

Yes. It is a huge difference between in ‘mixing a little in the computer’ and picking a little on a guitar or bass, or to hit a little on a drum.
    It is very easy to make fun of things you know nothing about.
    It just shows again that you have no idea.
    Sorry

Post #38
    I think it is boring with narrow-mindedness.
    Your who argument is rooted in ignorance about the actual work involved with the production/ performance of music.
    I’m not interested if you like a specific sound or not in this discussion but what makes you and so many like you disparage something that is ‘only’ made (a deer) in a computer.
    It indicates ignorance.
    Then if you like to watch a band more than watching a single person with a keyboard and a computer is purely a matter of taste.
    Thus, you can like one more than the other, this I fully understand.
    But it is short-sighted to evaluated it on different grounds.

Post #64
    ^ Frågg, OWC, Plague (the 3 posters above this post)
    Thumbs up.
    You nailed it.
    I like precisely everything if it has a good melody and at least a shread of good text, or the text/ words sit/ sing extremly well in the vibe.
    There are a huge amount of purely pop songs that are insanely good.
    I like almost everything that Max Martin and dr Luke does.
    The are spot on melodies and really good productions.
    ‘I kissed a girl’ is really great just to pick out one from many.
    I love Rhianna’s ‘Only girl in the world’ Production and text and melody!
    It just sits so well together.
    I have a soft sport for her voice in general.
    Shellbacks ‘Move like Jagger’ (maroon 5) is another song which you only think: damn what a hook!!!
    & you cannot only listen to Nathan Fake, Battle, Bon Iver, or Cult or Beach House or whatever because you’ll go nuts.
    In the end, in any case I overdose on whispy songs and sixty reverb & glockenspiel I just have to listen to Jessie J’s ‘Do it like a dude’ at F-16 fighter falcon volume.
    Variety!

I like Coldplay’s melodies and recently, also their texts which imo got a real lift on Viva la vida.
    But I would never produce for example, Paradise or Princess os China as they have done.
    But it really worked and very many like it
    There you can also talk about data deer in absurdity.
    Fun also that Coldplay took up as an example when the whole of Mylo Xyloto is filled by techno swoosh (sounds dismissed in a song can obviously be liked in another) and football chants.
    ‘Up in flames’ although, is a fantastic song & production.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Another post from Jocke in the same thread:

I thought that he hadn't explained it particuarly thoroughly.
    The theory he gave (imho) was those within electronic music or as a DJ don't really do anything.
    And that all the sounds exist in the computer and that you press a button and so the song is ready.
    And then you're very sensitive.
    Calling someone ignorant is one thing, stupid is another.
    I don't understand which posts where I was angry either.
    Resigned possibly.
    Now we put it down here that you are wrong and I am right.
    As so often
    coloursatnight

Sidan 15 av 25 FörstaFörsta ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •