Sidan 19 av 25 FörstaFörsta ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 SistaSista
Resultat 271 till 285 av 361

Ämne: Jocke's, Martin's and Sami's posts translated to English

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av .namnlös Visa inlägg
    Haha, yes I am 100% English. I'd love Jocke to pop in from time to time, but again a show or similar here would be amazing, if extremely unlikely. Especially with our extra 3db in sound level it would be loud and awesome!

As it happens most other bands receive such detailed criticism as this but they would not be seen in an official fan forum. Again I feel Jocke's pain a bit when people post such talk when they don't even go to the show. So much is made of live music these days, but without being there it really is not for you to judge a gig base on setlist, sound or setup especially if that is translated through a crappy phone camera.
    True, the lastest translation shows what he/ the band have to contend with, ie critisism of the sound/ instrument choice at a gig the person wasn't even at!

Is our noise level 103db here in the UK? I tried a quick google, but couldn't find any definite answers. It looked to me like each council made their own level, but then I got a bit bored reading stuff from the heath & safety executive...

Citat Ursprungligen postat av .namnlös Visa inlägg
    If I could use some of the contacts I have (limited) and garner enough interest this is something I'd definitely look at, even if it was such a lot of hard work. The band will not set foot in a rehearsal studio or get on a plane unless there is a guarantee they will meet their costs at an absolute minimum. This is normal in music event promotion. If I could guarantee that UK Kent fans could fill a decent venue of some sort and make it a Kent day, I mean, how amazing would that be? Convention el Kent

I'd rather try and make it personal rather than lazily doing one of those "request it" type buttons that any idiot can click. Perhaps I can set up a "detour" date where fans pledge their ticket fees in advance.
    A nice idea (even if it never materialises), I'll nominate King Tut's as a venue (300 capacity) here in Glasgow (see the live thread for recent discussions!), but all you lot will have to travel north and cross the border! (and watch out for the wild haggis!)
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

I can almost say for sure that our gigs seem (to my ears at least) to be louder than those in Scandinavia, and Jocke is right those 3db make a huge difference. Tut's is a great venue from what I hear. I have been in it but not for an actual gig unfortunately, just wanted to see what the legend was all about. I think we'd be talking something like that, Manchester Ruby Lounge etc etc.

The idea is you work things out with the band in question then work out how much to charge. Then set a date and put tickets on sale. If not enough are sold, the night doesn't go ahead no problem. If it does the band know they will be paid.

Never say never. Unless the band themselves say never

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In thread about the upcoming gig in Helsinki/ Helsingfors, Jocke says:

We understand that it is in a park inside Helsinki.
    I can vaguely remember an earlier festival in Helsinki where we played -96 or -97 in a park.
    Don't know if it is the same place, but maybe?
    Does anyone remember that festival?
    I remmeber it because I dropped my watch in the middle of the gig (probably during wild and pathetic gestures which I mistook at the time as cool posing) and it was thrown down by the crowd fence.
    Great weather it was too.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I'll put this translation in spoiler tags because it was posted in the 'discussions about the setlist/ SPOILER' thread. It doesn't give anything away about the setlist, but perhaps a little about the stage setup- so read at your own peril! Because I have seen clips of the current tour, I think I know what Jocke is referring to. There's a word in the translation that I don't think I have correct, if someone could maybe check it for me please? (but stick it in spoiler tags, please!)

coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the discussions about the summer setlist thread, there have been a few comments to which Jocke responds- I’ll stick this in a spoiler just incase anyone doesn’t want to know about the concerts until they are there...

coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Back in the ‘Discussions about the songlist’ thread, someone was moaning that it was a bit mean that kent didn’t play for long enough, Jocke replies:

Mean???

And you are not even close...
    We have a fixed TIME at festivals.
    Often 90 minutes.
    Sometimes only 75.
    Then we don’t HAVE TIME to play more songs.
    Think?
    At our own gigs we do around 115 minutes.
    Personally I don’t think that there is any artist in the whole world who hold for more than 1 hour live.
    Including ourselves.
    To be forced to see 4 hours of Bruce (Springsteen) is my life's nightmare, even if he has go loads of really great songs.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

Snål = Stingy rather than mean The person thought it was stingy of them not to play any longer.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Ah yes, maybe it's my colloquial scots, we also use 'mean' to mean (!) stingy, ie "the portion sizes were a bit mean, we won't eat there again"
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

Oh, I didn't know that 'mean' could mean stingy! Thanks for teaching me some English

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

You're welcome! I don't know if it's used so much elsewhere, but it's often used here in Scotland. It can also describe a person who is stingy "He's a bit mean, he always expects others to buy the drinks" . We (Scots) also have lots of words similar to Swedish words, but that's for anther thread!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Someone has posted a review of the gig at Trädgårdsföreningen in Gothenburg, and says that the song ‘Jag ser dig’ was about the terrorist attack in Utøya in Norway, Jocke replies:

It is not (as known) what has been said that it is about this.
    As usual people stick on their own homemade truths.
    It is alright to interpret the lyrics how you want, but to firmly state that ‘it’s about this’ and name the event is not ok.
    coloursatnight

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Someone has posted a review of the gig at Trädgårdsföreningen in Gothenburg, and says that the song ‘Jag ser dig’ was about the terrorist attack in Utøya in Norway, Jocke replies:

It is not (as known) what has been said that it is about this.
    As usual people stick on their own homemade truths.
    It is alright to interpret the lyrics how you want, but to firmly state that ‘it’s about this’ and name the event is not ok.
    Just want to be a little helpful since I as a swede (I don't know if you know swedish or how you make your translates otherwise) don't think the first sentence was right translated. The rest was good though.
    I think this should be better: There's no one (of the ones who knows) who has said that it is about this.
    Senast redigerat av ololole den 2012-08-10 klockan 12:57. Anledning: made the translate bold
    Så det så.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thanks! Corrections are always welcome.

I knew that first line wasn't right! I was struggling to get it to make sense!

(ps, I know some swedish, but am nowhere near fluent so I use a couple of online dictionaries for the words I don't know)
    coloursatnight

Standard

No problem.
    I think you help lots of people with the time you put in to this. Keep up the good job!
    Så det så.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

There’s still discussions around the meaning of the song ‘Jag ser dig’, someone says they think it is about Stockholm and that it is impossible to be alone, Jocke:

But come on.

And in the thread for the Gothenburg concert, there’s still a lot of discussions that it is influenced by the events at Utøya and Anders Brevik, Jocke replies:

HELL, IT IS NOT ABOUT THAT.
    coloursatnight

Sidan 19 av 25 FörstaFörsta ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •