Sidan 17 av 17 FörstaFörsta ... 7891011121314151617
Resultat 241 till 245 av 245

Ämne: Tigerdrottningen & La Belle Epoque

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Brilliance Visa inlägg
    You are amazing!
    Thanks Brilliance. It's a shame that you haven't been to kent shows yet. Attending their show will only make you appreciate them more, for their mind blowing performance and the atmosphere there.

About the new album, it got me for several listens too. Since I only got very few time to listen to those 3 preview tracks at work via my headphone then I was traveling to Finland in 2 days. It really got me till I was staying in Hotel Rival, many thanks for their decent stereo (I can even enjoy the music when having a shower in the bathroom!) All the details and spacey sound arrangement are standing out, especially for "Var är vi nu?" I got to appreciate the brilliant arrangement for the percussion. Those drum sounds just got-in at the perfect timing, and the female choir at the oyeah-hook plus the uplifting synth sound just brings tears to my eyes.

Also have to thank stjärnor's translation. Knowing the story behind this song just makes me know how important this song to Kent members! And yes there are many more choices as my favorites: Din enda vän, with the retro quotation intro and the sad, but so beautiful Godhet, and the Epic Allt har sin tid. I don't want to skip any track when listening to this album. This album just shows perfection that they show to us!

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av firth Visa inlägg
    I must say I can't agree with Brilliance more! And we seemed to share same experience for the kent-listen history. I got to know them since 2004 and was trying my best to spread their music in Taiwan. Tried to contact with Sony Taiwan staff to get DOJD special release in Taiwan (and B sidor, H&S EP and all later Kent release in Sony), help writing words for some music/design magazine to make more people knowing they are still "alive" and making brilliant stuff. TG is just a perfect come back. Everything is just doing their best. And All har sin tid is EPIC when being played live at the club gig tour.

Have been to Sweden for 4 times since 2005, attending 10 kent shows and I believe there are only being more!
    Hi firth, you must be the blogger that had posted several blogs about kent in Taiwan blog several years ago, I happened to read them when I googled kent at that time. :P
    I remember you posted some lyrics and I had printed out.:P
    I am from HK and I didnt leave a comment then cause I didnt got an account.
    nice to meet you here and thanks for your work, made me know more about them.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av firth Visa inlägg
    Thanks Brilliance. It's a shame that you haven't been to kent shows yet. Attending their show will only make you appreciate them more, for their mind blowing performance and the atmosphere there
    Actually I already saw Kent 5 times, in Milan in 2000, Norrkoping 2008, Stockholm 2010, Stockholm and Turku 2012. I agree with you of course! I just wasn't able to organize a trip for 2014 so far, I hope that they are still touring in autumn/winter
    Gulo Gulo lover forever!
    Maybe my brilliance shining through
    il disfattismo preserva l'integrità del setto nasale

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Brilliance Visa inlägg
    Actually I already saw Kent 5 times, in Milan in 2000, Norrkoping 2008, Stockholm 2010, Stockholm and Turku 2012. I agree with you of course! I just wasn't able to organize a trip for 2014 so far, I hope that they are still touring in autumn/winter
    Argh sorry I didin't notice that! So You've seen them during the HH period!! Lucky you! I wish I could have known them back in 1998~2000 that they still toured out of Scandinavian countries. Sadly they've decided not touring around the world anymore! It's a old topic I know just I can't help feeling disappointed with it. It's really a huge shame. The only good part for me might be the chance to travel around those nordic countries regularly then...

And hopefully you could make it to attend their show this fall/winter!

Citat Ursprungligen postat av castellana Visa inlägg
    Hi firth, you must be the blogger that had posted several blogs about kent in Taiwan blog several years ago, I happened to read them when I googled kent at that time. :P
    I remember you posted some lyrics and I had printed out.:P
    I am from HK and I didnt leave a comment then cause I didnt got an account.
    nice to meet you here and thanks for your work, made me know more about them.
    Hej castellana!
    Yeah I'm that Taiwanese blogger that have been updating their news for years. Thanks for your kind words! Also if anyone's interested in reading kent info in Chinese or other info about Music/Art/anything I love, please have a look of my FB page, any comments are really appreciated!

https://www.facebook.com/firthisola

Sorry for spamming info here. :$

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    May 2011

Standard

Finally got my hands on Tigerdrottningen! It took a while but was well worth the wait. So I have been listening to it and nothing else for the last week. Their progression as a band is always impressive. I have always thought that. Sometimes it seems that bands get lazy the more music they produce. I do not mean to sound flippant when I say that because I know that isn't always true. But Kent really does go for it with every album from start to finish.

I always find myself having to look up the lyrics to every song. Even though I know the Swedish lyrics simply from listening to them so much, I have to translate to English of course. The writing it always top notch. Sometimes, especially with bands you really love, it is easy to be disappointed. You always have such preconceived notions of how it should be in your own mind. Or to pick apart the music so much. I always pick apart each instrument just because I want to hear every part of each song. Kent always delivers. My appreciation for the band is unlike any other. You can always sense the hard work and dedication with each new album. That seems very rare these days for the most part. They always seem to feel free to expand and try new things but they never seem to be presumptuous about it.

But in the end, my favorite song on Tigerdrottningen is without a doubt "Den andra sidan". Amazing lyrics and music.

Sidan 17 av 17 FörstaFörsta ... 7891011121314151617

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •