Sidan 5 av 25 FörstaFörsta 123456789101112131415 ... SistaSista
Resultat 61 till 75 av 361

Ämne: Jocke's, Martin's and Sami's posts translated to English

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av kallt kaffe med socker Visa inlägg
    That's one down utomjording, now you have 25 more to go, haha.

Joakim, Martin and Sami has written 26 posts within the last 26 hours.
    Can you give me a hand, please!?
    Although it's just 23 to go now, I did two more in the same post.

And I almost forgot this post from Sami (actually his first post ever) that I translated in the Röd topic:

Message for J.Berg.
    If you read this, can you call someone in the band so that we can finish the album we started to make this spring. Since you don't answer your cell phone when we call you, we think this is the only way to reach you.
    What shall we do with all the bagpipes we bought for the Berlin recordings? Do you want to keep yours?
    Call someone in the band, or Rosa if you don't want to talk to us.
    Senast redigerat av utomjording den 2009-10-05 klockan 23:20.
    Låt dom komma nu

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Hi

I'm not Swedish, but can understand it a little, hope these posts helps a bit...(corrections to any translations welcomed)

Jocke on the relationship between the album covers and the content of the albums:

Isola was the first album where they began to connect the cover art with the content of the songs, where they gave it a bit more thought than just 10 or 11 songs, and there you go.

(I'm not 100% sure about this next sentence, any corrections much appreciated!)

The Verligen cover was actually the first Jones och giftet cover where Helen Sköld (as she was then known) was included.

So, that's actually the first in the series of the 'kent covers' if you want to call them that. We had an idea to use 18th centuary style photos for the cover of Verkligen, but due to various reasons (time, money) it didn't happen. We used the idea for the TTS release instead.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2009-10-06 klockan 09:29. Anledning: formatting

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

It's not Jocke's handwriting on the cover of Röd, but it is his on the cover of Hagnesta Hill.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

The basic idea for the styling of the album packaging always comes from the band.

Jocke is the one who is most involved in the picture/ image process for the albums, but it is related to the lyrics/ song titles.
    The graphics usually begin very early on in the birth of a new album, it becomes easier to relate to the music if you have some visual to hang it on.

Jocke usually sketches ideas for a covers, which then go through a long process with their fantastic designers Thomas & Helen. Then later on, the others in the band will have good and strong opinions on them.

Jocke has always been very interested in design and illustration and the difficult format of trying to convey messages/ feelings with images.

He actually wanted to become an illutrator himself, at one time. Haha. (Jocke wrote the haha, not me!)
    Music came in the way of his career plan, and it's probably just as well.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Thanks for the translations!
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

a couple of posts from Sami:

Everything isn't synth, just because it sounds like it. Töntarna actually has 3 guitars. You can do more with guitars (bass, drums and vocals) if you forget the attitude that the instrument must sound like it did 30 years ago. This thing with the DM influences which people keep referring to is only because they don't have any other electronic music reference. A bit like grandma's feelings towards distorted guitars... everything is " young peoples music".

We actually haven't tried to do a new sound. It only became so when you tire of the old wooly socks. (did I translate that bit correctly?)

And another post in the same topic.

There are limits to us also. When we had run out of ideas, all of us four stood with a hammer in our hand and hit nails into a plank of wood to make a sound. Then we took a step backwards because it sounded like we had a carpenter in the studio in the middle of the recording.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

I love that Sami is interacting more. <3

Standard

thanks for the kind translation!!! btw is Rosa their manager martin roos? just curious.

also, has anyone got to know any details that the deluxe edition contains? so far those online stores only reveal there will be:

- CD
    - USB-minne -> sth like other bands do, such as a kent logo designed usb reader w/ some the making of vid or any other bonus tracks or demos?
    - Trippel vinyl -> 3 vinyls?? the tracklisting is...??
    - Bok (110 sid) -> a book like they did at the limited edition of TTS??

Standard

Lol is Jocke referring to himself in 3rd person?
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    Lol is Jocke referring to himself in 3rd person?
    That would be funny he is not.. the translator Sjärnor did (lovely translations by the way Stjärnor )

Erfaren medlem kallt kaffe med sockers avatar
    Reg.datum
    May 2002

Standard

Jocke wrote (yesterday I think) that "Töntarna" has three different guitars on it.
    A while ago Sami wrote three, but then Jocke replied that Sami must have forgotten one.
    Och jag lämnar inga fotspår ens i sand...

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

I think they should come over here and talk to us non-Swedish talking fans.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    Can you give me a hand, please!?
    Although it's just 23 to go now, I did two more in the same post.

And I almost forgot this post from Sami (actually his first post ever) that I translated in the Röd topic:

Message for J.Berg.
    If you read this, can you call someone in the band so that we can finish the album we started to make this spring. Since you don't answer your cell phone when we call you, we think this is the only way to reach you.
    What shall we do with all the bagpipes we bought for the Berlin recordings? Do you want to keep yours?
    Call someone in the band, or Rosa if you don't want to talk to us.
    I like Sami's sense of humor. He should post some more!

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    (I'm not 100% sure about this next sentence, any corrections much appreciated!)

The Verligen cover was actually the first Jones och giftet cover where Helen Sköld (as she was then known) was included.
    Some tricky words there, plåta = shoot/take a picture. Jonas = Jonas Linell, a photographer that Kent often work with for the album covers.

This would be the correct translation of the sentence:
    The Verkligen cover was the first one shot by Jonas and where Helen Sköld (as she was then known) was involved.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av firth Visa inlägg
    thanks for the kind translation!!! btw is Rosa their manager martin roos? just curious.
    That's correct, "Rosa" is their nickname for Martin Roos.
    Låt dom komma nu

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Aliceblue Visa inlägg
    That would be funny he is not.. the translator Sjärnor did (lovely translations by the way Stjärnor )
    thank you, I think my Swedish teacher would be proud, all that hard work finally getting put to some use! I'll try and not write in the 3rd person for any future posts, it's hard when you're translating (and paraphrasing) someone's direct comments.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    Some tricky words there, plåta = shoot/take a picture. Jonas = Jonas Linell, a photographer that Kent often work with for the album covers.

This would be the correct translation of the sentence:
    The Verkligen cover was the first one shot by Jonas and where Helen Sköld (as she was then known) was involved.
    Thank you, I knew what I had written wasn't correct

Sidan 5 av 25 FörstaFörsta 123456789101112131415 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •